lifesabitch is offline Associate Member

Does this bulking diet look good?

Here are my stats: I am 26 years old, 5'7, 160lbs, I'm not sure what my bf% is. I have been working out hard for a good 5 years or so. I work out 3-4 times a week intensly, hitting two body parts a day & then 1 day for legs. Anyway, please look over my diet & give me any opinions. Thanks.

Meal 1
    2 servings oatmeal(1 cup oats) with 2 spoons of peanut butter for extra calories & then 6 egg whites(hard boiled)
    Meal 2
    usually 12oz of chicken or beef
    Meal 3
    2 Chicken breasts(16oz) and 8oz sweet potato
    Meal 4
    2 Chicken breasts(16oz) and 8oz sweet potato
    Meal 5
    12oz canned tuna in spring water
    *************workout****************
    Meal 6
    2 peanut butter sandwiches on multi grain bread directly after workout
    Meal 7
    12oz canned tuna in spring water

I also drink at least a gallon of water a day & I spread these meals out every 2-2-3 hours. Thanks for taking time to look over this.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Add up your carbs, fats, and protein.

If you're at 400g of protein or more, you're good.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    In my opinion...you should add in a PWO shake. This should be a part of your diet whether you are cutting or bulking, ESPECIALLY when bulking. The rest looks okay, kinda looks like my cutting diet though. Have you added up the totals on everything? Maybe if you posted calorie totals, and protein/carb/fat totals we could critique the diet a little better.

Are u saying if my protien is 400 or more, then my carbs and fats will be good too? Cause doesn't every gram of protein have a % of carbs and fats? Thanks

I also drink a protein shake or two throughout the day(Isopure) & I also use celltech creatine. As far as adding everything up goes, I will post everything in detail. Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifesabitch
    Are u saying if my protien is 400 or more, then my carbs and fats will be good too? Cause doesn't every gram of protein have a % of carbs and fats? Thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah that protein per meal is something a cheetah could metabolize.

~SC~

They are 2 chicken breasts and they are each 38g protein, and the tuna is 13g protein per 6oz can. What could I eat that would be high in carbs? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter North
    IMO you dont have enough carbs in your diet. And why eat 16oz of chicken at one time?? 16oz=104g Protein. at 160lbs i will be more than surprised if your body can metabolize 104g Protein in one setting let alone two. Also 12oz Tuna=66g Pro. A bit too high for one meal IMO. Many will tell you that the staple to bulking is carb intake. Scan some of the sticky threads at the top of the Diet Forum for some good ideas on how to go about getting your nutrient intake at the proper time. I would also strongly recommend adding a PWO shake of carbs and pro and zero fat as opposed to the Peanut Butter sandwich u proposed. PN

clubbinkid is offline Associate Member
    take a look at MIKE XXL BULIKin diet i am not no expert but his is really balanced nicely

Geez, I must be stupid or something! I have been thinking there was one serving per can of tuna....lol I looked at the nutritional facts, but I completely overlooked the servings per can. PN, I buy my chicken breasts in a 2lb. bag with 4 pieces. It says about 5 servings per bag...if so, then each breast is only about 40g protein? Tuna can't have more protein than a big 'ol chicken breast.

Thanks for the input PN.

****I repost my diet in a new post with the correct info****

Thread Information