rambo is offline The Lord God

Low carb fast foods...

We all saw the Subway thing play out, as it was only a matter of time...

Burger King and Carls Junior have introduced bun-less low carb burgers in well.

Before I came back to The Islands, I was back in Phoenix and supermarkets had whole aisles all dedicated to Atkins/Low Carb Diets.

Thoughts? It was only a matter of time...

ADAWG is offline Junior Member
    Yes I agree with you rambo it was only a matter of time. I do find myself getting pretty disgusted when I go in to a place like jack in the box and see on their menu " request no bun for a low carb meal". I think that it was enevitable because of all of these silly lawsuits especially with mcdonalds. When people can start taking fast food chains to court, get tons of money, and look that stupid alll because liitle suzy or johnny got fat I think the world has gone seriously down hill.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i look at it as a positive thing...hey they may not all be so great with hidden carbs and other things that the FDA doesnt regulate, but at least it's a step in the right direction...now will i eat any of it...not likely, but at least big fat joe consumer can eat something a little bit better than the normal super double whopper.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    To tell the truth I'm happy to see it. The fast food chains adding low carb (they claim) items to their menus is at least something those of use watching carbs can try as opposed to the norm. Granted I doubt the carbs listed is the actual total but at least it’s a step in the right direction (IF carb cutting is your diet). As for the items in the grocery store.....this I happen to like a lot. Before if I wanted to find something low in carbs (if I could find anything) I'd have to go to a vitamin shop or like. At least now (aided with a little knowledge) I can grab something new for the taste buds and experiment with my diet. I’ll be even more pleased when the price of these items drops…….man they are expensive. Who knew trying to eat right would cost so **** much? Shame it isn’t the other way around, bet there would be a few more healthy people in the US.

I was at Ruby Tuesday’s the other day (not one of my favorite places but I was out with a friend) and they had quit a few low carb options. The hamburger wrap wasn’t too bad.

cb25 is offline Banned
    You're right Jugg...they just had a review on Good Morning America comparing the listed carb/calorie totals and actual totals at Subway, Ruby Tues, and TGIFriday's - 3 places that all offer "Atkins approved meals"

Subway's subs were lik 7g of carbs higher than listed. Ruby Tues had meals that were accurate, but they were like 1000 calories per meal, almost 700cal for their salad.

Here's my take on it. In some cases, i would say it's a good thing, but I have a feeling, long run, it'll cause more weight problems. More and more people will walk that line between, I'm dieting this week low fat, and i'm dieting this week low carb...the more they switch back and forth, fall off of diets, the end results will be eating more calories than necessary and overall weight gain and increased health problems.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    America is behind.

I was doing this in 1999-2000..............

When I used to ditch the bun and throw it in the trash, or ask for no bread/ketchup on my burger(s), workers used to look at me very funky.......

Now they have it as a menu staple........

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

~SC~

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    America is behind.

When I used to ditch the bun and throw it in the trash, or ask for no bread/ketchup on my burger(s), workers used to look at me very funky.......

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

~SC~
    yea, we used to go to a local fastfood, chinese type place where we knew the girls who worked there and order a bowl of chicken and steak, sometimes with some vegetables...no rice...

at the time, it might've been expensive, but it was free...so we didn't worry...

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    America is behind.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

~SC~
    So I'm not the only one getting strange looks..... My ex would look at me like I was nuts when I'd tear my burger apart and toss the bun.....

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    America is behind.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

~SC~
    Oh yeah! Well my daughter has been tossing her bread in the trash ever since she was born and that's been since 1988 (Man I hope I got that right...she'll never forgive me if I'm wrong). How you like them apples MR. Fancypants?!?!? hahaha

Seriously she has always tossed the bread everytime we've gone out to eat. In fact she not a big on carbs at all. I used to bitch at her for not eating "right" but finally gave up (kids....so stubborn). Might have been a good thing she didn't listen to the old man, she's healthy as a horse.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    So I'm not the only one getting strange looks..... My ex would look at me like I was nuts when I'd tear my burger apart and toss the bun.....
    At least it was the bun you tossed that time Big T and not a salad...

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    At least it was the bun you tossed that time Big T and not a salad...
    Nope... that came later with her....

Thread Information