will86 is offline Banned

several cheat meals in a day or 1 cheat meal twice a week?

Hey which is more ideal when bulking, reserving 2-3 cheat meals for a cheat day or a cheat meal every 3-4 days?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    try and see bro...

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Eat what you want if you are bulking. Just stay away from stuff like greesey cheese pizza and bacon. Cheeseburgers will bulk you up with all the red meat.

I never understood the need for cheat days on bulking diets.
    Sure there are foods to stay away from but keeping to a STRICT weekly diet while bulking seems weird.

will86 is offline Banned
    well, i'm trying to get as much lean mass as possible with little fat. Is a cheat day really needed when bulking to confuse your metabolism since i eat clean all week long?

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I usually have 1 day I cheat a week to keep my thyroid from slowing down

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Eat what you want if you are bulking. Just stay away from stuff like greesey cheese pizza and bacon. Cheeseburgers will bulk you up with all the red meat.

I never understood the need for cheat days on bulking diets.
    Sure there are foods to stay away from but keeping to a STRICT weekly diet while bulking seems weird.
    Even when bulking a clean diet should be done to some degree...Cheeseburgers will bulk you up, but with the addition of the high GI carbs the bulk of your weight gain maynot be muscle. It's not easy for everyone to cut back down once a certain amount of fat is gained so therefore i think a diet of some sort (just with increased amounts of clean food) is the best way to minimize fat gain while bulking IMHO

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh. I wasnt thinking about the people who have trouble losing the bulk when cutting. Just figured if they are trying to bulk, they are able to lose weight quickly.

I gotcha.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by will86
    Hey which is more ideal when bulking, reserving 2-3 cheat meals for a cheat day or a cheat meal every 3-4 days?
    I don't see a need to cheat every 3-4 days, alittle excessive imo. I only like to cheat maybe once a month or so. At that point I'll do a cheat meal, but if it's any less than that, it'll be something small to satisfy a craving. Granted when your bulking your gonna put on some bodyfat but why not keep it to a minimum.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKSEID
    I don't see a need to cheat every 3-4 days, alittle excessive imo. I only like to cheat maybe once a month or so. At that point I'll do a cheat meal, but if it's any less than that, it'll be something small to satisfy a craving. Granted when your bulking your gonna put on some bodyfat but why not keep it to a minimum.
    I agree with that because when bulking you can eat clean, but your still eating a lot so you really shouldnt have too much cravings if you know how to use the right sauces and non-cal sweeteners and other things to spice up your food....when i bulked last year i found it so much easier not to cheat because my carb intake was up anyway.

Thread Information