painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member

Fats and Carbs same meal...

Interesting article on the effects of breaking up your fats and carbs with different meals. I never really liked the idea of doing it, now I have support.

http://www.4cnrs-weight-loss.com/wei...-article1.html

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I never really believed in seperating fats and carbs much either. I mean as long as you eat clean anyway why worry. Speaking of which I may just go enjoy a peanubutter sandwhich....

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    I never really believed in seperating fats and carbs much either. I mean as long as you eat clean anyway why worry. Speaking of which I may just go enjoy a peanubutter sandwhich....
    Sounds good, I think the seperating thing might work a little better when you are bulking, but other than that, if you are in a negative or zero calorie state it doesn't matter. Plus combining fats/carbs makes a diet much more livable, and that is what matters.

Pain

Originally posted by painintheazz

Plus combining fats/carbs makes a diet much more livable, and that is what matters.

Pain
    Agreed.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame

hahah.......

that article is pure bullshit.

I'd like to see someone eat those fat and carbs together, and someone else eat the same exact food, seperating the macros. I bet one stores fat, and the other actually LOSES fat!

Hell, that's what my cutting program is based on, macronutrient manipulation. Then again, my diet is aimed at keeping/gaining lean mass WHILE you lose fat. This study knows nothing about that!

That study probably knows nothing about body composition, and negates what many fitness enthusiasts are after which is leaning out and maintaining all muscle mass. Merely reducing overall calories for a day forces you to lose fat AND muscle.

It's proven, and I've proven it with hundreds as well!

~SC~XXL~2K3~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 03-12-2003 at 10:23 PM.

Big_Dan is offline Associate Member
    How come then, swolecat, does body for life work (although not optimal).

Originally posted by Big_Dan
    How come then, swolecat, does body for life work (although not optimal).
    Anything will work when you go from having a crappy diet to following anything semi inteligent and low in cals.

Pain

Originally posted by painintheazz

Anything will work when you go from having a crappy diet to following anything semi inteligent and low in cals.

Pain
    Easy now big fella.....

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN

Easy now big fella.....
    Hey it is the truth.

Pain

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    lol i'm one who seperates fats and carbs...or tries to...

as a "kindabfler" bfl works to cut fat....says NOTHING about retaining that muscle while you do....come on..look at the champs...lol if they're doing bfl "by the book" they got superman's genes

yo......

Dan......I'll say it again...........BODY FOR LIFE SUCKS!!!!!!!

Look at the people who run those programs, then look at the people who run programs like mine.......there is a HUGE diff. in body composition. A BFL person who weighs 200 lbs. will not be near the muscularity and low bodyfat that someone on SwoleGenix at 200 lbs. is.
    Proven fact!

Remember, if you don't understand macros, then it is probably not understandable to you and u are thinking "overall calories at the end of the day".

That is precisely why Jenny Craig stays in business 365 days of the year, for years on end. People are just stupid basically.

~SC~XXL~2K3~

Farmer is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmont
    "people are just stupid basically." No actually people are not stupid basically. They now have to raise a family on a 50-60 hour extremely stressful work weeks in order to survive in this sesspool of corporate America, therefore they don't have time to anaylize and plan their daily diets and workout programs out perfectly like you do.

"Bodyforlife" may not be perfect but it is more than a "diet"and "workout plan" it teaches people about a new attitude about fitness. And helps them take steps in a more postive direction. It also enfluences people to make a positive contribution to others and society as whole. These people don't want to be bodybuilders they want to feel better and lose some bodyfat along the way.

In a time where fitness experts, doctors and scientists alike argue daily over macronutrient partiaining programs and cardio/workout theories everyday...it is completely improbalbe to state that these other programs "suck".

My bottom line instead of people like you and Nelson Montana talking tuff and **** behind peoples back why don't you address these people face to face. Be a real man!
    **** bro, by the look of that post it seems you took it personally. As far as the difference between the diets and one "sucking" or not, I believe different diets will work better for different people. Granted BFL has worked for people and those people that were on it are probably happy with there results. Likewise, people on swolecat's program are happy with there results.
    As far as people being stupid I would rephrase it and say "lazy". I saw a **** Atkins sign at 7-11 yesterday, this market is becoming huge off lazy people who don't want to diet right and exercise. I see people come into work all the time asking for the best tasting candy bars that have protein. They tell me, I don't want to eat vegetables and chicken its gross. I mean what the hell gives, people are too **** lazy in this country. They want everything THEIR way on THEIR time. If a person doesn't want to prioritize his or her time for eating and exercise great, but I hate it when they fuss about being fat. Im gonna stop now..
    Sorry if I hi-jacked the thread, had some stuff on the old mind..

Peace

Farmer
    Last edited by Farmer; 01-21-2004 at 10:21 AM.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    why in god's name do you bring up a post that is like 8 months old?

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Valmont This is a discussion board and this was a discussion about a certain diet type. There is room for everyones opinion. Just cause someone disagrees with another its not "talking tuff". Swole obviously doesn't agree with these diets and thats his right. If he want to share his opinion here that is fine.

If you disagree with him please discuss it but do not just flame him over his opinion.

Valmont,

If you have issues w/what I've presented, well, tough sh*t. I don't sugar coat anything, I speak it real and direct.

Don't like it, don't partake!

Looking up posts from 9 months ago.........**** u must be bored! What happened to your crazy work weeks you spoke of and not having time to be meticulous w/dietary layout? But, u have time to look through posts from the stone ages?

For those who come here looking for advice, BodyForSuckers, JennyCraig, etc., all pale in comparison to techniques and methods us REAL fitness enthusiasts know to be far superior. I can't even count how many of my clients are former JC'ers or BFL'ers, but go to my board and ask around.......I think you'll be pretty amazed.

Try reading the myriad of other threads here that SPECIFICALLY deal with comparisons and advantages of "bodybuilders" and "fitness individuals" approaches compared to the corporate approach. Perhaps then you'll actually REALIZE that even for the weekend warrior/couch potato, there are far superior ways to eat/exercise other than the crap you seem to support. You cannot argue w/basic biological concepts......makes no difference who wants to look like what, if certain methods/practices are SUPERIOR, then they are SUPERIOR no matter WHO chooses to employ them.

Let me guess, you're really Dr. Phil's brother? Dr. Phil himself?

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 01-21-2004 at 10:52 AM.

www.adultfriendfinder.com

Time to go and get befriended!

Check it out!

You most certainly DON'T belong here.

You are wasting our valuable space.

Ron.........you warned him......evidently, he's a tad DENSE.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 01-21-2004 at 11:49 AM.

the_rebirth is offline Member
    i think thiers a missin post here..

rambo is offline The Lord God
    I'll never understand why people ask questions, and then receive an answer (one they don't like), and then throw a fit about the answer they got. If you can't take the answers, don't ask.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    **** it people, shut up. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Valmont, your obviously out to start some pointless drama. I can tell by you antagonistic approach to the whole entire situation(IN BOTH THREADS). Leave it be because it's simply annoying. If you persist in trying to draw a flame from some one for the sole purpose of drawing one of the mods over to see it, then i'll just suspend your ass and relax. YOur getting warned more than anyone else becasue your on the offensive in this little fued. Start your own thread to cry about your 50-60 hr work week and how you accomodate your diet to it

Swole, the only thing your doing is providing steam for his vendetta. Put the guy on ignore and stop repsonding with flames to counter his

ENOUGH PEOPLE

Understood, and I hope he puts a plug in it quicky myself.

Being such a constant contributor here, I can't let some part-timer come here and begin to ATTEMPT to pull rank. Especially when it's done in such an insulting manner.

Thanks for stoppin' the juvenille sh*t......

~SC~
    AR's DIET GURU!!!

Valmont is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

Being such a constant contributor here, I can't let some part-timer come here and begin to ATTEMPT to pull rank. Especially when it's done in such an insulting manner.

~SC~
    AR's DIET GURU!!!

First off. This is for the mods, and swole alike. I don't have a vendetta. However, I don't like the way this guys runs his business. I think he is extremely unproffession this is supported to many by way he flies off the handle to defend his "company'', and incessantly uses profaine and condescending remarks to get his point across. I have stated this point numerous points and all three of you alike absolutely refused to address this issue...triing to hide the truth behind a suppossed alterior motive.

I am not sure why this riles him and the mods alike so much. When it could be handled with a simple pm saying "chill". But I guess the truth hurts. Moreover, they have to hurl little pot shots and personally insultwhich ironically makes me less irritated and humored at the same time. But obviously, hits a nerve of some sort. So I will let that speak for itself.

And lastly, Swole. Your last assertion about pulling "rank" and "juvenile" drips with contradiction. "rank'' that really does make me laugh out loud.lmao This is a freaking internet board and this guy says "rank". man lol.

good day, gentleman.

See you on the other boards.. swole...
    Last edited by Valmont; 01-21-2004 at 01:10 PM.

Valmont is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    AR's DIET GURU!!!

Lol.. pulling "rank''. That is funny. Sorry once again to rile you and your "friends" on here up so much.

By the way, that is a really nice picture of you. I guess the sword kinda takes away from the vienna.

Leave it to the flamer to be, well, a flamer!

Yeah, there is a certain etiquette required here at A.R. if you are to get along w/the masses. As well, to spew out what one may spew out, he/she better have some pics and proof to back it up.........show what you know type of thing, not just trash talking.

If one comes out of no-where, digs up a 9 month old post, and flames a long time member/contributor/helper, (me), then we do call that attempting to "pull rank". Meaning, who are you?

Exactly......no one knows. Buh-bye!

(some nerve pm'ing me as well asking for advice!)

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 01-21-2004 at 03:20 PM.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmont
    First off. This is for the mods, and swole alike. I don't have a vendetta. However, I don't like the way this guys runs his business. I think he is extremely unproffession this is supported to many by way he flies off the handle to defend his "company'', and incessantly uses profaine and condescending remarks to get his point across. I have stated this point numerous points and all three of you alike absolutely refused to address this issue...triing to hide the truth behind a suppossed alterior motive.

I am not sure why this riles him and the mods alike so much. When it could be handled with a simple pm saying "chill". But I guess the truth hurts. Moreover, they have to hurl little pot shots and personally insultwhich ironically makes me less irritated and humored at the same time. But obviously, hits a nerve of some sort. So I will let that speak for itself.

And lastly, Swole. Your last assertion about pulling "rank" and "juvenile" drips with contradiction. "rank'' that really does make me laugh out loud.lmao This is a freaking internet board and this guy says "rank". man lol.

good day, gentleman.

See you on the other boards.. swole...
    Valmont you wanna flame Swole you get a warning but you want to ignore it. I was just offering you one last chance. Then you wanna flame me and Pheedno for telling you guys to knock it off. You can have a vacation from here. I think you need it. Good Bye, you may return if you wish in 2 weeks. If you do not better for us IMO. But your privileges have been revoked for those 2 week.

Valmont
    Banned

----------------

RON FOR PRESIDENT!

Can't ya just feel the groove!

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 01-21-2004 at 07:29 PM.

longhornDr is offline Member
    That article isn't really relevant to the readers of this board. That study involved obese people who merely wanted to lose weight, and ignored body composition/development.

Most people don't seem to realize that fat accumulation comes almost completely from dietary fats....despite widespread belief, the body is extremely reluctant to store carbs as fat. No fats in the meal, no fat accumulation...unless carbohydrate intake is ridiculously high.

Put one person on a partitioning diet like SGX and another person on a regular caloire deficit diet. They might both lose the same amount of weight, but the body composition will be hugely different.

Valmont,
    You better not bring up any of my old threads and start dissing my boy swole!! This type of **** can wake me from the dead and get me posting again. Now go back to 7-11 and get your atkins bar (Dr. P approved!!) to help hold you over till you can get you Atkins approved Burger King burger without the bun, or maybe tonight you are having the Atkins special Subway Wrap. **** Subway does Atkins now, **** I bet Jarad will get to 5% BF and be doing his first show in no time now..................

The one and only
    Pain......

P.S. Still got love for all my bro's

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by painintheazz
    Valmont,
    You better not bring up any of my old threads and start dissing my boy swole!! This type of **** can wake me from the dead and get me posting again. Now go back to 7-11 and get your atkins bar (Dr. P approved!!) to help hold you over till you can get you Atkins approved Burger King burger without the bun, or maybe tonight you are having the Atkins special Subway Wrap. **** Subway does Atkins now, **** I bet Jarad will get to 5% BF and be doing his first show in no time now..................

The one and only
    Pain......

P.S. Still got love for all my bro's
    Holy hell I seen a ghost!! You need to frequent more often. Not many people know the carb content of a lemon off the top of their head.

LOL, hey there bro, good to see ya around!

Pay no mind to the pre-schoolers who got lost over here, they've been sent back to the appropriate remedial school.

~SC~

Thread Information