cb25 is offline Banned

Downloadable Nutr Database

(With apologies to Chelle at IBB for stealing her post)

The U.S. Nat'l Agriculture Library has posted a database containing comprehensive information on more than 6,000 foods. Besides calorie counts, it also list protein, carb and fat calculations, as awell as the recommended dietary allowance percentages for half a dozen important vitamins and minerals. It even analyzes the amount of saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol and sodium in each item so you get an instant snapshot of how healthy it is. Best of all, this tool is available free of charge and loads in seconds right onto your computer or into your Palm service.
    www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp

This is a pretty good tool, loads right onto the desktop and seems to be pretty accurate.

cb

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    wow i have been using a diet assesment tool that came with a nutrition book, but it doesnt give trans fat amounts (not that i consume much if any) but that is still d@mn good to know specially for free.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    wow i have been using a diet assesment tool that came with a nutrition book, but it doesnt give trans fat amounts (not that i consume much if any) but that is still d@mn good to know specially for free.
    yea, i was pretty damm impressed...especially considering the cost

Thread Information