homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member

Swole: Can you help a diabetic?

Guru,
    My father is a diabetic and is always struggling to diet off weight. He has a variety of health problems besides that (Congestive Heart Failure, nueropathy, etc...).
    Both of my grandfathers were diabetic as well.
    I"m 31 now and becoming concerned. I have been paying attention to your diet advice and am making progress...slow, but moving forward.
    Is there anything a diabetic or possible "future" diabetic should know or change as far as macronutrient partitioning at each meal as well as timing?
    I would assume that eating my daily carbs after workouts is best as well as ppw meals. Protein every couple of hours throughout the day.
    Just a thought Swole.
    Thanks bro.
    -HB

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I currently serve 4 diabetic patients, yes. The customized programs I do for these people are different than my usual approaches, but they do work as I have to take their situations into consideration. They are not all alike however, it takes trial and error w/each person to find the perfect fit nutrition wise for their goals and condition.

~SC~

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by homeboybonanza
    Guru,
    My father is a diabetic and is always struggling to diet off weight. He has a variety of health problems besides that (Congestive Heart Failure, nueropathy, etc...).
    Both of my grandfathers were diabetic as well.
    I"m 31 now and becoming concerned. I have been paying attention to your diet advice and am making progress...slow, but moving forward.
    Is there anything a diabetic or possible "future" diabetic should know or change as far as macronutrient partitioning at each meal as well as timing?
    I would assume that eating my daily carbs after workouts is best as well as ppw meals. Protein every couple of hours throughout the day.
    Just a thought Swole.
    Thanks bro.
    -HB
    Do you currently have diabetes, or are just worried about the future possibility?

If you don't have it now, I'd say the lifestyle of exercise, dieting, and keeping a "healthy" weight (not fat) will do wonders for staving off the disease...you may never see it.

If you do become diabetic, your lifestyle will help you tremendously...either way, congrats on taking care of yourself...

Thread Information