Thread: Rants

Kim2884 is offline Female Member

Rants

I just feel like bitching about a few things that piss me off...

1.) Why is it that in newspaper restaurant listings, the "healthy dining" section is filled with only vegetarian restaurants?? You know, the places that serve things like refried bean burritos, veggie pot pies, soy cheese pizzas and other "healthy" items like 7-layer chocolate cake and muffins...

2.) Fat Pride. The people who walk around like "I'm big and lovin it...I'm not fat i'm voluptuous..this is what real women look like..etc. etc." These are the same people who advocate equal rights for the obese..such as not having to pay for 2 plane tickets just because your ass needs two seats..or claiming that public establishments discriminate because their chairs are too small. (One guy actually wrote a letter to the owner of the Olive Garden franchise because he couldn't fit in their chairs). I wish these people would just shut up...people aren't judging you because of the way you were born..it's not the same as racism or sexism...people are judging your disgusting, gluttonous lifestyle. The reason models are so thin is because that is what is attractive...biologically, people are attracted to people who look HEALTHY. sometimes, beauty isn't in the eye of the beholder, it's just standard. Unfortunately, obese IS the way the average American looks, but that doesn't mean that's the way it should be or that's what the media should promote.

3.) Women who are afraid to lift a weight because they think they'll get big, bulky muscles. How dumb can you BE?? I WISH this was how it worked.

4.) Guys who complain about having to fit in ALL their meals and calories during the course of a short day *ahem* you know who you are....I feel SO bad for you...lucky me, I only have to eat 200cals every 4 hrs.

5.) People who struggle to find the "right" fad diet..."should I buy the south beach diet book? or the atkins book? or the zone?? Or should I join weight watchers?? Right now, I eat everything in sight, and sit on my ass all day, so I need to find the PERFECT diet or else I won't lose weight" HELLO...just stop eating like a pig and start moving around...or geez, I know this is a tough one...go online and find out what healthy food is ( I still can't believe people actually are ignorant enough to not know whether it's better to eat a fried chicken sandwich or an apple, but they're out there)

6.)Dieters who proudly announce " I only ate a bowl of cereal, a salad w/fat free dressing and 4 egg whites today! AND i did 5 hrs. on the treadmill, and lost another 5 lbs (of MUSCLE) this week! yay!" Unfortunately, my mother is in this category..she doesn't listen to me.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    I feel you on all of these, Kim. Now, after reading this, I am in an even worse mood.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    SHE SPEAKS. KIM SPEAKS.

I feel for ya. Although, I wish I didnt have to eat to keep weight on. Unfortunately I fall into the category of having to eat so many calories. Wish I didnt so my grocery bill would be less.
    Suing plane co.s because they cant fit in the seat LOL. Those are the same people that order a SUPER SIZED mcdonalds something and then a DIET coke. I swear to god I see that SO MANY times. A DIET Fing coke. What is the point you obese overweight hog. Stay out of Mcdonalds.

Or these Atkinds diet people who try to show off the fact that they are on the no carb diet like it is given to only certain lucky people. Um, hello, you will be off that diet in a week and then gain another five pounds while your body adjusts to the loaf of bread you just ate.

Or those people who are standing in line for ten minutes while the menu is right in front of them and ONLY until they get to the cashier is the time they decide to look up at the menu. WTF. Decide what you want before you get there. You had ten f u c king minutes to look at the menu you ass.

Or the people in line at the grocery store or ANYWHERE who still carry a F U C K I N G CHECKBOOK. Why the hell do you still have a **** check book? Its called a visa check card. If you have a bank account, they give the cards away for free. USE IT instead of wasting my time while you dig the **** book out of your purse which should have been out already and then you find a pen and then write the check. EVERYTHING should have been writen and SIGNED before you get done scanning the food. Then you have that ugly kid standing infront of my cart swinging around on the counter in my way until I bump his ankle with my cart to give him the quiet hint of GET THE **** out of my way you ugly ass annoying kid.

Or the cashier who doesnt say a **** word to you and doesnt even tell you the price of your transaction. Excuse me, but if I wanted to look over at your screen to know the final price, I would get employed and be a cashier and scan my own food. NOW TELL ME THE PRICE so I dont have to look around your ugly ass head with that "I hate my job and I hate you for being a customer" look on her face.

haha...you just made me think of something else...I used to work at a movie theater, and I swear there were so many people who would buy a large popcorn, extra butter (with a diet coke, of course) and then when their kids asked for candy, they'd say "no, we just had lunch"...and i'm like, you just had lunch?! then why the **** are you gonna consume a 5000 calorie bag of popcorn?! Is that your idea of a light snack?

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    4.) Guys who complain about having to fit in ALL their meals and calories during the course of a short day *ahem* you know who you are....I feel SO bad for you...lucky me, I only have to eat 200cals every 4 hrs.

bite me

One thing I will add to this....I fcuking hate when i'm eating all healthy some fat ass will say...why dont you ever eat? stop starving yourself...if that @sshole only knew how much of a pain it is to eat every 2 or 3 hours during work, class, watching movies etc etc.....THEN on a cheat day when you want nothing more than pie and candy that same fat fcuk exclaims "oh my god you are eating something fattening are you off your diet".......IT'S NOT A GOD****ED DIET IT'S A GOD****ED LIFESTYLE AND IN ORDER TO FCUKING DO IT PROPERLY I NEED A FCUKING SINGLE DAY TO EAT UNHEALTHY SIHT.....IS THIS FCUKING OK WITH YOU.....ahhh that feels better, kinda like a shrink without spending the money.
    Last edited by bigsd67; 01-29-2004 at 10:16 PM.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    LMAO. You just had lunch. That is honestly funny. I can invision some fat beast of a person grabbing a handful of popcorn the SECOND you set the bucket down on the glass counter. Even before the hog pays for it, she is gobbling a handful of popcorn almost frenzily.

Off subject but it just happened this monday. Snowboarding. We are waiting in line for our tickets and the lines are taking forever. Im second to the window and some dumb chick who has never even seen a ski lift before is trying to decide what to buy.
    She literally took FIFTEEN minutes to buy her tickets from the person. OMG, me and everyone else behind her almost made her cry.
    She was asking is she could buy intermediate tickets for a beginner and if she could switch the half day ticket for a full day trainer package and this and that, and then she backs up from the window, looks at the BIG HUMUNGOUS SIGNS that have all the prices and packages, puts her finger on her mouth, waits a minute to browse over the signs, goes back to the window and starts asking more questions.
    Finally just when I think she is done, she asks about rentals. Right when I heard that, I went off on her so hard. Everyone behind me asked what was taking so long and my buddy yelled that she NOW wanted to get a rental package and what it all includes.
    I dont know what I said to her but I hope she realized that she was an inconveniance due to her lack of preparedness.
    I mean I bought my ticket from the lady in under 1 minute. The lady took FIFTEEN minutes just by herself. That is very uncalled for.
    Of course she had that very fashionable ALL IN ONE OVERALLS ski suit. Hot pink I might add. Step in the legs, pull the arms up and in and zip up the front and you are good to go. She blended right in with all the regular pros. Right down to knowing how to buy tickets.

Beat that one KIM

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    i used to work as a waiter in a resuaurant and the funiest thing that poeople would do is this "i'll have a stake with nothing on it you know im atkinsing the weight.." what would you like to drink? "a large scotch on the rocks with a diet coke" i wanned to luagh but the same thing would happen all the time.. and i always wanned to ask if they knew that alcohol has carbs.. apperently no one ever thought that about that.. guess they didnt read that chapter of the atkins book..

Ok, i got another one...chunky college girls. The ones who gain the freshman 15, complain about how fat they are, but then go to the dining hall and eat 2 slices of pizza, a mile high pile of fries, a salad (gotta try to be healthy right?) with a cup of caesar dressing , and an ice cream sundae for dessert...Then, you'll see these girls running their asses off on the cardio machines on sat. morning trying to undo the damage they did from all the beer they drank the night before. it just makes me sick. Dining halls have to be the worst things to come out of food service. I don't even believe the things people eat...or the combinations. Who honestly needs fries AND mashed potatoes? and who eats asian stir-fry with those mashed potatoes? and apparently pizza goes with everything from hot dogs to tacos.

Thread Information