Thread: Train Hungry??

tatertoos is offline Associate Member

Train Hungry??

I read in a chapter from the "Iron Man Magazine's Guide to Bodybuilding Nutrition" that recommends this. It says that training on an empty stomach is better for the body builder's needs because the body is fighting for blood usage, when you eat before you train (to digest or to supply muscles). It says that a small snack is not too bad, though. (<500cal)

Sounds like good advice.

dangit is offline Member
    I eat a meal a bit over a hour before my workout. It's never a crazy meal.. usually complex carbs and protein.

I always sip on a protein shake while working out too.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Dangit you are a beast. You need to stop growing or you will need your own zipcode.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    That entire series of Ironman books are good reads - and the authors write from fact and experience in a sometimes comical sense... just have to ignore there hype on Muscle Link products (that is - unless you like some of the stuff they sell). But like I said, lots of good info in all their books...

tatertoos is offline Associate Member
    Yeah,
    The magazine pisses me off with all that musclelink reference but it is very informative. It's like all muscle mags these days. Take out the ads and you get maybe 20 of 200 pages of good reading.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertoos
    Yeah,
    The magazine pisses me off with all that musclelink reference but it is very informative. It's like all muscle mags these days. Take out the ads and you get maybe 20 of 200 pages of good reading.
    The authors of Muscular Development, Ironman (especially the books) and Testosterone Mag are the best in the industry IMO.

Sh!t mags like FLEX, Muscle and Fitness and the like are full of nothing but ads and useless info - like "NEW STUDY, Vitamin C is an Antioxident!" Ironman has a lot of Muscle Link ads - but there content is very good, unlike something in the line of Musclemag International which is all MuscleTech ads and no usefull content at all. Every once and awhile, when I have money burning a hole in my pocket and am completely bored or have nothing else at all to read - I buy one of these useless pubs... and everytime I wonder why... totally useless publications IMO.

Thread Information