Thread: ckd question

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned

ckd question

i was reading the nutritional values on the whey protein bucket at it say it have 1 to 2g of carbs in every 30g of whey does this prevent me from reaching a ketosis coz i have to work about 8 hours everyday and i dont have time to eat solid meals in those 8 hours so i have to drink about 2 whey shake(i will be taking 1 g of protein for each pound)another question doeas aspart and artificial sweetners prevent me from reachinf the ketosis

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    the 2 grams in whey should not affect you because they are not supposed to be sugar (depends on brand) also artificial sweeteners usually dont affect you either, unless you are using like 6 equal/splenda/etc in every drink.....if you really want to get rid of 2g carbs in whey use Isolate...it's a bit more pricey but has zero carbs...example is nature's best isopure (good but expensive) or www.allthewhey isolate (good and less expensive)...also im sure www.allsportsnutrition has some good choices for isolate.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If u are drinking straight protein and you don't have a high amount of fat in the shake as needed in a CKD, forget it.

Fat is always much higher than protein on a CKD, so if u are just drinking whey protein shakes, you're not gonna do too well.

~SC~

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Keep in mind that excess protein can be converted to glucose...fat cannot. This is why fat does need to be very high on keto diets. If you add some fat to your shake, you should be fine. I think nuts could fit into your 8hr work day pretty easily, too. Almonds and walnuts have omega-3s and a good carb:fiber ratio. They're easy to carry around and eat real quick.

MilitiaGuy is offline Banned
    i dont care for the fat i cant take flax oild or olive oil with me and drink it my concern was about the 2g of carb in the whey

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    i dont care for the fat i cant take flax oild or olive oil with me and drink it my concern was about the 2g of carb in the whey
    you may want to be concerned with the fat however, if doing CKD and wanting it to be successful make sure you are taking in adequate amounts of fat in every meal...otherwise it wont matter what protein you are taking....like i said originally though the 2g of carbs in whey will not affect you provided your fat intake while drinking it is adequate.

Thread Information