bones93 is offline Junior Member

Please check my cutting diet

I think I have everything in order for the most part but would like some of the diet pros to fine tune it....
    I am 5'10 242 20%
    Diet looks like this....

6am....2 scoops ON whey in water and 1/2 cup oatmeal
    9am....8oz chicken breast and 3/4 cup brown rice
    12pm....8oz chicken breast and 3/4 cup brown rice
    3pm.....2 scoops ON whey in water and 1/4 cup almonds
    6pm......8oz chicken breast in salad with 3/4 cup brown rice and low fat ranch dressing
    Lift around 730
    post work out shake.....2 scoops ON whey and 80 grams of dextrose
    Some times sub chicken with Tilapia filets broiled and also add flax oil in shake some times
    Try to drink like 1 to 1.5 gal a day of water.
    Will be starting Thermorexin and R-ALA this week and am training 3 on 1 off 2 on 1 off....Have been on the diet for 4 full weeks with a cheat meal once a week....I have went from 245 to 242 but strength is up every week and seem a little leaner..I guess im just getting discouraged with the scale...In all honesty the cardio has been non-existant....(dont flame too hard..lol) but I will be starting this week on treadmil at a incline 4 days a week for 40 min
    Any help or comments appreciated!!

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    you should take away alot of those carb meals IMO. I find that the most successful plan only have Carbs in the Morning then PWO and PPWO...some (including myself) dont even eat the carbs for breakfast. No flame on the cardio, but you cant expect to lose fat if you arent doing anything to stimulate lipolysis, I know lifting does to some degree, but you need to incorporate aerobic exercise in order for pure fat loss to occurr...and also dont give a flying $hit about the scale, it's crap. Judge by how clothing fits, waist measurements and to some degree bodyfat testing (not always accurate) also just by how you look in the mirror.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    you should take away alot of those carb meals IMO. I find that the most successful plan only have Carbs in the Morning then PWO and PPWO...some (including myself) dont even eat the carbs for breakfast. No flame on the cardio, but you cant expect to lose fat if you arent doing anything to stimulate lipolysis, I know lifting does to some degree, but you need to incorporate aerobic exercise in order for pure fat loss to occurr...and also dont give a flying $hit about the scale, it's crap. Judge by how clothing fits, waist measurements and to some degree bodyfat testing (not always accurate) also just by how you look in the mirror.
    Agreed. Particularly if you are trying to cut, there is little benefit fro the carbs. I would cut way back on the rice and oatmeal and bump up the protien. Also,the cardio you will be doing and will help a lot. What does your lifting schedule look like?
    Last edited by beenie; 02-09-2004 at 12:41 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Take heed to the above suggestions, for they are very good.

~SC~

I also substitute the rice with steamed broccoli alot also...I was just worried if I cut the carbs too low that I would waste muscle.
    Lifting loks like this:

Sun:...Arms
    4 sets BB curls x 6-10
    3 sets preacher curls x 6-10
    3 sets hammers x 6-10
    Mon:...shoulders
    4 sets Either seated DB or BB military x 6-10
    3 sets side laterals x 6-10
    3 sets bent over rear laterals x 6-10
    Occasionally a few sets of front raises but not often
    Tue:....Legs
    5 sets squats x 6-10
    3 sets leg press x 6-10
    3 sets leg ext x 10
    4 sets SLDL x 10
    3 sets ham curls 10
    5 sets of calf raises
    Wed OFF
    Thu....Chest
    4 sets incline 6-10
    3 sets hammer strength wide chest 6-10
    3 sets Decline x 6-10
    Fri....back
    4 sets DL x 6-10
    3 sets DB or BB row x 6-10
    3 sets T-Bar x 6-10
    3 sets chins or close grip lat pull x 6-10
    sat off
    Any more help appreciated.....
    Since my weight has more or less maintained I was thinking with adding cardio the carbs where they are would be ok?.....Thanks again

you will not waste muscle if your fat intake is proper....i eat 120 or so grams of Carbs on lifting days and only 50-70 on off days and i am getting stronger and am never really hungry. if you eat carbs PWO and PPWO then you will not be wasting muscle. if you eat too many than you will be storing fat.

Buyuadrnk is offline New Member
    Are shakes the best way to go for pwo? Like a protein shake with 30-50 grams of pro and how many carbs? What kind of carbs? What are some good shakes? I', 5'9", 180, 15%. Just starting out, thanks for any help!

Buyadrink:
    The best post work out shake has about 40-50 grams of protein and about 80 grams of dextrose...You can get pure dextrose from most health food store or bulk buy stores!...Hope this helps
    Thanks for your help Bigs
    One more questiojn....I usually lift about 2 hours before bed so my PW shake is usually last meal..If I could squeeze another meal for PPWO and had carbs in that meal would it be too close to bed time?

Bones dont worry about time of day..it is not relevant....if your activity level was high then your body will use the carbs for muscle repair whether or not you are awake...in fact i recommend that you squeeze in that PPWO before bed. eat about 1hr after your PWO shake. Your fat intake should be all taken care of by the time you lift, so eating carbs PWO and PPWO is essential for muscle repair. I've done it before myself and i am losing fat getting strong and feeling fcuking great!!!

Thread Information