Thread: Stomach Virus

dam225 is offline Associate Member

Stomach Virus

Well, I guess I got that @$!?#!& stomach virus which is going around. I have not been able to get in the gym for the past 2 or 3 days and it is driving me crazy. Just as I was beginning to make reallly good progress after coming off of a bacteria (cold) infection, this stupid thing hits me (as you can see I am pretty frustrated). I have not been able to get a good, <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a>-rich meal in me for 3 days now. All I can stomach is gatorade (which I don't usually drink because of all the sugar) and I am down at least 5 lbs....

I hope nobody else gets this because those first 24 hours were the worst in my life...I felt like I never left the bathroom!!!. Any suggestions on how to cope with something like this.

Any suggestions on what to eat as a <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> source that would be easy on the stomach? I was thinking of making it to the gym today but I think that might be pushing it.....hopefully by tomorrow...

Take Care,
    D

dam225 is offline Associate Member
    What the heck happened to that post?.......why are there links? Lets try that again.....

Stomach Virus

Well, I guess I got that @$!?#!& stomach virus which is going around. I have not been able to get in the gym for the past 2 or 3 days and it is driving me crazy. Just as I was beginning to make reallly good progress after coming off of a bacteria (cold) infection, this stupid thing hits me (as you can see I am pretty frustrated). I have not been able to get a good, protein-rich meal in me for 3 days now. All I can stomach is gatorade (which I don't usually drink because of all the sugar) and I am down at least 5 lbs....

I hope nobody else gets this because those first 24 hours were the worst in my life...I felt like I never left the bathroom!!!. Any suggestions on how to cope with something like this.

Any suggestions on what to eat as a protein source that would be easy on the stomach? I was thinking of making it to the gym today but I think that might be pushing it.....hopefully by tomorrow...

Take Care,
    D

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    You could have the norwalk virus which is going around. It has left some people in the shitter for a few days and then it takes approx. 1 week to make a full recovery. The best thing is to get your vitamins and drink lots of fluid. Other then that you just have to wait until it passes.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    REST! REST! REST! Try to eat but if you drop a few pounds not to worry......most likely it's only water. Like Shredz said, plenty of fluids!

docflock is offline New Member
    i got the same **** (literally!).

Thread Information