Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'

How many grams of carb found in dextrose?

I usaually have about 50 grams of powdered dextrose in addition to my whey for my post workout drink. My protein totals to about 46 grams i also have a serving of creatine to go with it. How many grams of carb found in the dextrose? Would this be enough for post workout carbo requiremnts befroe having my ppwo full carb/protein meal?

Would it also be a good idea to use poweraide or gatorade instead of water for my PWO drink? Thanks guys

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    I pretty sure its gram for gram with dextrose...So 50 grams = 50 grams of carbs...Check the label on now's dextrose:
    http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=itemdetail&item_id=4079

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i think it's 75g per half cup.

Brazy is offline Junior Member
    1tsp = 5g carbs

Big is right...1/2 cup = 24 teaspoons.... 24 teaspoons = 19.2 servings (1.25 teaspoons) = 76.8 Carbs(4 grams a serving)...

Like the link I posted Brazy, it says 1.25 teaspoons for 4 g's of carbs....So 1 tsp = 3.2 carbs....

and to answer your other question.....gatorade would be better than powerade cuz it;'s second ingredient is dextrose...overall though dextrose is best for feeding muscle glycogen...NOT liver glycogen, which would be filled with sucrose and fructose (table sugar and fruit)

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    and to answer your other question.....gatorade would be better than powerade cuz it;'s second ingredient is dextrose...overall though dextrose is best for feeding muscle glycogen...NOT liver glycogen, which would be filled with sucrose and fructose (table sugar and fruit)

Thanks. Was also going to experiment with some maltodextrin how much is enough for my pwo shake? I am already having 46g P, 50g Dextrose, 5g craetine with a bottle of gatorade. How much Maltodextrine to use and would this be enough to take care of my PWO carb needs before my full PPWO carb/proetin meal?

Spoon

I think the people that do Malto dont do a PPWO meal....But anyways the ratio is 50/50.....

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelyLethal
    I think the people that do Malto dont do a PPWO meal....But anyways the ratio is 50/50.....
    Bro, 50/50 of what dex and malto? anyway i plan to have a ppwo since i work out before dinner time. i will have a pwo shake malt/dex+protein around 7-730 then have my ppwo (dinner) 2 hours later.

well i do a ppwo meal and i use half malto and half dextrose....i wanted to give the malto a try...apparently it is still good to use cuz it is high enough GI, but slow enough to last for the next hour to hour and a half til the ppwo meal.

hey guys i dont wanna rehash this thread, but the dextrose i just bought claims 5g carbs per tsp. this is confusing me now cuz i dont wanna shortchange my PWO nor do i want to have too much carbs either...what's goin on here? is it just an estimate? i know some companies estimate the calorie and carb count.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I've continually used 1/2 cup being equal to 75 grams of carbs for my programs and others, and it's been fine. That is the measurement I've always utilized.

~SC~

I currently use 50 grams carbs. I assume im getting 50g of carb frm this because according to the site posted by Absolutely Lethal,
    http://www.nowfoods.com/?action=itemdetail&item_id=4079
    50g=50gcarb

Spoon

thanks guys....im gonna use that measurement...hell even if it's too high it's PWO and Im sure my body wont waste it all that much, though i think it'll be fine.

Thread Information