Newbee is offline Junior Member

PWO and carb questions

I have a couple questions about PWO nutrition and carbs in general.

How much (fast acting) carbs and protien do you need in a PWO shake immidiatly following lifting?

How much (slow acting) carbs and protien (solid form) do you need in a PWO meal?

How long do you wait for your PWO meal?

Does PWO nutrition change depending on if your bulking or cutting (and if so... how much)

Is it alright to eat slow acting carbs like oats and wheat bread throughout the day if you will be extreamly active and seperate them from fats?

Does you body burn any fat if carbs are available?

Although I might sound stupid, I have done a lot of reaserch and get a lot of conflicting views. I just wanted the opinion of some experts and the king (SwoleCat)

Thanks

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Hey bro, on the real, all of the questions you just posed are already answered in the threads here. Check the stickies above as well bro, it's all there!

Thanks for the post, and let us know what your plan is once you have it set up! Or write out something here and we can all critique your work.

(and no your body will not burn fat if there is sugar present in the blood)

Thanks!
    ~SC~

Newbee is offline Junior Member
    It's hard to post a diet because my activity level changes so much. Some days I have to play basketball twice a day and not at the times I choose. I really want to use that as a tool to shed a little bf, but not loose all my muscle. I was following rambo's guide to cutting, but found myself lacking energy and mental awareness. I also can't find out how long to wait between PWO shake and PWO meal. I don't mean to sound redundant but the more I search threads, the more conflicting advise I get. I still want to say thanks, as your posts have helped me considerably in my body transformation.

Valmont is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbee
    It's hard to post a diet because my activity level changes so much. Some days I have to play basketball twice a day and not at the times I choose. I really want to use that as a tool to shed a little bf, but not loose all my muscle. I was following rambo's guide to cutting, but found myself lacking energy and mental awareness. I also can't find out how long to wait between PWO shake and PWO meal. I don't mean to sound redundant but the more I search threads, the more conflicting advise I get. I still want to say thanks, as your posts have helped me considerably in my body transformation.
    \

check out johnberadi.com. Its free, and extremely non-contradictory.

He also talks about meal timing...I.e p+c, P+f and pre,post work out advice. Second to none.

Good luck, peace.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmont
    \

check out johnberadi.com. Its free, and extremely non-contradictory.

He also talks about meal timing...I.e p+c, P+f and pre,post work out advice. Second to none.

Good luck, peace.
    Why is then that all your posts in the Diet Section contradict many of John Berardi's philosophies?

Swole and John Berardi share many of the same nutrition and training beliefs and yet you still do your best to refute every one of Swole's replies?

No wonder why you got banned from the board in the past...

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmont
    I think it is funny how you two take things so personally. I am glad that you and swole like each other so much. It is very sweet.
    Alright buddy let's get something clear...you come on here making off the wall, assanine statements to a group of people with an array of bodybuilding knowledge and experience and really expect your invalid statements to be taken lightheartedly. I don't think so. Many guys here including myself enjoy posting on the boards in thier spare time and helping others out. Its not something we have to do...It's just when someone comes along and stirs up controversy by shooting down the advice of those who actually know what their actually talking about...its normal for the rest of us to get insulted. So in other words...if your going to continue posting I'd suggest you either bring something to the table (a valuable post would be nice) or you just sit back and observe whats going on. Cuz if I remeber correctly your short absence from the board wasn't missed.

~US~

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I'll answer your questions for you bro.

Immediately after training, take down between 10-15g Simple Carbs, 30-50g Protien and a little fat. When I say immediately, I mean right after your workout on the car drive home, or even in the changeroom while sitting in the hot tub.

About 30 minutes to an hour later, take in around 50g Simple Carbs with 50g Protein.

People will says that the protein count is too close together between the Immediate Protein and the PWO Meal, but I've been doing this method for the last 3-4 weeks and it's improved my recovery time huge. Take advantage of your insulin levels while you can.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    BTW,
    If you're dieting down, don't use Simple carbs Post-Workout. Use Low GI carbs. Who cares if it doesn't uptake as fast, it'll still do the job.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Valmont was on another drunken rant I see.

Man, just ban him please, he's useless here.

He's the only aspect that makes this board "contradictory". Actually, he has no influence really to anyone with 1/2 a brain, so I never saw him as qualifying as such.

I vote to remove him, he gets in the way of extremely helpful advice myself and a few of the good bros here give that is sound in each and every way.

~SC~

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    BTW,
    If you're dieting down, don't use Simple carbs Post-Workout. Use Low GI carbs. Who cares if it doesn't uptake as fast, it'll still do the job.

I disagree here. Once you are done lifting you have this anabolic window of 20-30 minutes where your muscles will suck up the carbs in your system without storing any as fat. simple carbs pwo will act fast during this window therefore in the proper amount will not be stored....im not saying that Low GI carbs will definitely be stored as fat, but i do know that your muscles are primed to be restored for a short time after working out therefore making fast acting carbs optimal.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Agreed

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    I'll answer your questions for you bro.

Immediately after training, take down between 10-15g Simple Carbs, 30-50g Protien and a little fat. When I say immediately, I mean right after your workout on the car drive home, or even in the changeroom while sitting in the hot tub.

About 30 minutes to an hour later, take in around 50g Simple Carbs with 50g Protein.

People will says that the protein count is too close together between the Immediate Protein and the PWO Meal, but I've been doing this method for the last 3-4 weeks and it's improved my recovery time huge. Take advantage of your insulin levels while you can.
    Why the fat bro?

Thread Information