hoss827 is offline Banned

Flax seed oil...when to take it?

I start cutting monday...still havent got my diet in order. Swolecat PM me, i might buy one from you ...As for the flax seed oil, i know it encourages fat to be released from the body, so I thought abotu eiether taking it in the morning before cardio, or pre workout...I dont know which though, what do you bros think?

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i've actually read that you reap the benefits from flax oil no matter what time of day you take it...what i do is take fish oil caps in the morning (pure epa and dha) and then take my flax oil with a shake at nite before bed. i dont think the timing of it matters.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Cool, swolecat whats your input on this?

Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Cool, swolecat whats your input on this?
    oh i see how it is @$$...hahah J/K bro...i did a lot of consulting with Swole for my diet too so i see where you're coming from....hopefully my info. is correct anyways...soon i'll be delivering it for money...PT time.

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    I read its not good to take flax oil or any other essential fatty acids right before bed or directly after a workout because those are the times that your body releases Growth Hormone and the EFA's will hinder its release.
    Read this in : "The Book Of Muscle" By Ian King

Quote Originally Posted by THA GONZ
    I read its not good to take flax oil or any other essential fatty acids right before bed or directly after a workout because those are the times that your body releases Growth Hormone and the EFA's will hinder its release.
    Read this in : "The Book Of Muscle" By Ian King

That is very interesting....i have been taking flax before bed for months now with no issues, but Ian King is definitely a reputable source so i will look that up. directly after a workout i see and only take in protein and high gi carbs. thanks for the info.

THA GONZ is offline Associate Member
    No Problem bro, I read the book (great book by the way) and I can't really confirm nor deny that that is true but I trust Ian Kings statements.
    I was also taking it before bed but stopped after I read that, so if you find different info that states other wise please let me know.

Thread Information