Primetime is offline Associate Member

help with night cravings

Whats up fellas, I have been working out for 7years but never really had to work on a clean diet. Aint metabolism a beautiful thing until it slows down on you. Any way my wife and I just had our first child and during the pregnancy I put on 30 pounds. The past 5 months I have really dedicated my self to cleaning things up. I have lost 30 pounds and put on about 5-6 pounds of muscle. I looking into getting some gear when I can find it but I need to get a little better with the diet. The worst thing is night and late night cravings. During the day I eat pretty solid but when I get home from work around 8-9 pm I eat a meal then I am hurtin for some sweets especially chocolate. I know that sounds weak but it kills me. Any suggestions on how to curb these cravings at night. Sorry for the length.

Take Care

P

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Right before you go to bed have a:

40g protein shake
    2 plain oatmeals (it has no sugar and it's a slow burning carb. so it will help your body get through the nite)

I have the same problem and this solves it.

good call, will try ASAP

take care

P

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Are you getting enough to eat during the day? Shakes work wonders on late night cravings, yogurt (low in fat and carbs) works well for me, cause it is sweet, but be sure get the low fat low carbs. REally works. Hell I will even eat a few boiled eggs late at night, no fat, and loaded with protein. Try to get your body into a habit, remember is it all mental.

xenithon is offline Member
    my way to curb cravings:

protein lemme just clarify this protein shakes are considered the best for before bedtime. what i do is mix it with like 1/2 the normal amount of water/skim milk, which makes it like a pudding. watch out though cause some proteins you need a bloody blender to get to mix smoothly - but once they are smooth its like chocoloate or strawberry or whateva flava pudding

great suggestions fellas. I appreciate the time

lil_josh is offline Junior Member
    Protein shakes work good. Mrps usually have somewhat of a sweet taste if its sugar you are craving, especially Ultamet by Champion nutrition

Thread Information