SonGoku is offline Associate Member

Comment my diet SC, rambo anyone

I would like to get some comments on my diet. Me stomach feel very bloated at times and at times I have a lot of gas. Maybe it's because of all the milk that I drink!? I'm 6ft and my morning weight is 210lb, bfp is around 17% (I the device that I use to measure measures it a little high, bacause I don't feel I look like 17%, but maybe that just denial ) At this point my goal is to bulk and keep on putting on mass until I reach some 230-240lbs.

Meal 1 (07.30 AM):
    3/4l skim milk
    1/4l chokolate skim milk (I mix this with my falx oil to cover the taste of it)
    4 egg whites + 1 yolk
    whole wheat bred
    (this week I've started to exchange the skim milk with 2 scoops of designer whey to see if that will have any effect with stomach bloating/farting, it has a little more protein and not so many carbs compared to the milk)

proteins: 60.2g
    carbs: 92.5g
    fat: 9.5g
    a total of 696,7 kcal

Meal 2 (10.00 AM):
    Turkey sandwich (the bread used is bread made of rye and seeds, so I think it's good carbs, here in Denmark we eat it like there's no tomorrow )

proteins: 16.2g
    carbs: 29.4g
    fat: 1.7
    a total of 198.2 kcal

Meal 3 (11.30 AM):
    Varies from day to day. Usually it's some kind of meat (a lot of if), rice potatoes pasta or bread, a bowl of veggies (lettuce, tomatoes, carrots ect.) and a little fruit and 1/2l of skim milk.

Nutritional value would be very similar to meal 7, although I usually eat more meat in this meal.

Meal 4 (2.00 PM):
    3 pieces of the before mentioned bread in meal 2. I'll try to post a picture of it when I get home later today.
    2 scoops of Designer whey protein.

proteins: 43.9g
    carbs: 48.1g
    fat: 4.3g
    a total of 406.3 kcal

Meal 5 (4.30 PM):
    Turkey sandwhich (same as in meal 2)
    2 scoops of Designer Whey protein.

proteins: 51.3g
    carbs: 33.4g
    a total of 381 kcal

(Workout starts at 5.30/6.00 PM)

Meal 6 (7.30 PM):
    PWO shake (4 scoops of Prolab NLarge2)

proteins: 52g
    carbs: 85.9g
    fat: 5.9g
    total of 604.8kcal

Meal 7 (8.30/9.00 PM):
    1 chicken fillet
    rice
    1 l skim milk
    (this week I started to leave out the milk and instead eat 1½ chicken fillet, which lowers the carb and protein intake some what)

proteins: 74.2g
    carbs: 137.2g
    fat: 6.6g
    total of 950 kcal

(Go to bed around 10.30/11.00 PM)

Daily intake: (assuming meal 3 = meal 7)
    proteins: 372g
    carbs: 563,7g
    fat: 39,4g
    a total of 4097 kcal

During the weekends I don't eat as scheduled as the rest of the week but I would guess that the intake is pretty close to what I eat other days, maybe a little less. Through out the day I drink close to 2 gallons of water. At the moment I supplement vitamin B and C, flax oil, fish oil, R-ALA, milk thisle, cranberry extract and multi vitamin pill. I don't take my intake of flax oil and fish oil into my calculations as I have not measured it. Also I grill all my meats with olive oil.

I work out monday, tuesday, thursday, friday. Might gonna start sundays as well as my body and tendons feel pretty good at the moment so I feel I can push myself a littel harder. I don't do any cardio at the moment, but I'm thinking of doing some biking on off days.

I showed the above diet to competing BB'er who advised me to change it to the following:
    7.30 AM:
    100-120g oatmeal
    1 banana
    4-6 egg whites

10.00 AM:
    the same as my above mentioned meal 2 or 1½ scoop of Designer Whey protein + a little fruit

11.30 AM
    the same as meal 3 but no milk

14.00 AM
    150g of turkey with whole wheat bread or 1½ scoops of Designer Whey protein + a little fruit

5.00 PM
    150g-200g chicken fillet + 150 g rice or 500g baked potato and some veggies

8.00/8.30 PM
    150-200g chicken fillet + 100 g rice with veggies

This I haven't made some calculations on but I think he meant it as more of a cutting diet. I'll talk to him about it this weekend when I meat him. He pointed out to me that I eat more towards the end of the day, I should stop drinking so much milk and lower my carb intake towards the end of the day. I would like to get some comments both on my current diet and the adjustments I made to it + the diet he proposed to me, so that I will have some different views on it when I talk to him. I think he knows what he's talking about though I saw him on his last show, looked pretty sharp.

Woow think that's everything, probably left soem info out though , I'll post the picture of the bread I mentioned later.
    Last edited by SonGoku; 03-04-2004 at 03:57 AM.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    ****it man, brevity!!! Just playin, deep breath, here goes...

Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku
    I would like to get some comments on my diet. Me stomach feel very bloated at times and at times I have a lot of gas. Maybe it's because of all the milk that I drink!? I'm 6ft and my morning weight is 210lb, bfp is around 17% (I the device that I use to measure measures it a little high, bacause I don't feel I look like 17%, but maybe that just denial ) At this point my goal is to bulk and keep on putting on mass until I reach some 230-240lbs.

Meal 1 (07.30 AM):
    3/4l skim milk
    NO

1/4l chokolate skim milk (I mix this with my falx oil to cover the taste of it)
    NO

4 egg whites + 1 yolk
    10 EGG WHITES, 3 YOLKS

whole wheat bred
    CUP OF OATMEAL.

(this week I've started to exchange the skim milk with 2 scoops of designer whey to see if that will have any effect with stomach bloating/farting, it has a little more protein and not so many carbs compared to the milk)

proteins: 60.2g
    carbs: 92.5g
    fat: 9.5g
    a total of 696,7 kcal

YIKES, I THINK YOU ARE LACTOSE INTOLERANT. YOU MUST MAKE SHAMROCK FARMS VERY HAPPY.

Meal 2 (10.00 AM):
    Turkey sandwich (the bread used is bread made of rye and seeds, so I think it's good carbs, here in Denmark we eat it like there's no tomorrow )

ADD 30 MORE GRAMS OF PROTEIN.

proteins: 16.2g
    carbs: 29.4g
    fat: 1.7
    a total of 198.2 kcal

Meal 3 (11.30 AM):
    Varies from day to day. Usually it's some kind of meat (a lot of if), rice potatoes pasta or bread, a bowl of veggies (lettuce, tomatoes, carrots ect.) and a little fruit and 1/2l of skim milk.

Nutritional value would be very similar to meal 7, although I usually eat more meat in this meal.

TRY DUMPING THE MILK FOR A WHILE.

Meal 4 (2.00 PM):
    3 pieces of the before mentioned bread in meal 2. I'll try to post a picture of it when I get home later today.
    2 scoops of Designer whey protein.

proteins: 43.9g
    carbs: 48.1g
    a total of 406.3 kcal

FINE I GUESS.

Meal 5 (4.30 PM):
    Turkey sandwhich (same as in meal 2)
    2 scoops of Designer Whey protein.

proteins: 51.3g
    carbs: 33.4g
    a total of 381 kcal

(Workout starts at 5.30/6.00 PM)

Meal 6 (7.30 PM):
    PWO shake (4 scoops of Prolab NLarge2)

proteins: 52g
    carbs: 85.9g
    fat: 5.9g
    total of 604.8kcal

UGH, NLARGE. YOU NEED TO USE THE REGULAR PWO FORMULA.

Meal 7 (8.30/9.00 PM):
    1 chicken fillet
    rice
    1 l skim milk
    (this week I started to leave out the milk and instead eat 1½ chicken fillet, which lowers the carb and protein intake some what)

proteins: 74.2g
    carbs: 137.2g
    fat: 6.6g
    total of 950 kcal

GOOD LORD 140 GRABS OF CARBS. BULKING YOU MIGHT NEED 60 TOPS.
    (Go to bed around 10.30/11.00 PM)

Daily intake: (assuming meal 3 = meal 7)
    proteins: 372g
    carbs: 563,7g
    fat: 39,4g
    a total of 4097 kcal

!!!! 600 GRAMS OF CARBS !!! TELL ME DOES THAT SEEM EXCESSIVE TO YOU? POOR GUY NO WONDER YOU ARE BLOATED.

During the weekends I don't eat as scheduled as the rest of the week but I would guess that the intake is pretty close to what I eat other days, maybe a little less. Through out the day I drink close to 2 gallons of water. At the moment I supplement vitamin B and C, flax oil, fish oil, R-ALA, milk thisle, cranberry extract and multi vitamin pill. I don't take my intake of flax oil and fish oil into my calculations as I have not measured it. Also I grill all my meats with olive oil.

I work out monday, tuesday, thursday, friday. Might gonna start sundays as well as my body and tendons feel pretty good at the moment so I feel I can push myself a littel harder. I don't do any cardio at the moment, but I'm thinking of doing some biking on off days.

I showed the above diet to competing BB'er who advised me to change it to the following:
    7.30 AM:
    100-120g oatmeal
    1 banana
    4-6 egg whites

10.00 AM:
    the same as my above mentioned meal 2 or 1½ scoop of Designer Whey protein + a little fruit

11.30 AM
    the same as meal 3 but no milk

14.00 AM
    150g of turkey with whole wheat bread or 1½ scoops of Designer Whey protein + a little fruit

5.00 PM
    150g-200g chicken fillet + 150 g rice or 500g baked potato and some veggies

8.00/8.30 PM
    150-200g chicken fillet + 100 g rice with veggies

This I haven't made some calculations on but I think he meant it as more of a cutting diet. I'll talk to him about it this weekend when I meat him. He pointed out to me that I eat more towards the end of the day, I should stop drinking so much milk and lower my carb intake towards the end of the day. I would like to get some comments both on my current diet and the adjustments I made to it + the diet he proposed to me, so that I will have some different views on it when I talk to him. I think he knows what he's talking about though I saw him on his last show, looked pretty sharp.

Woow think that's everything, probably left soem info out though , I'll post the picture of the bread I mentioned later.
    Here's the synopsis...that much milk does NOT do a body good. There is a good chance that you are intolerant to lactose. Cut it out for a while and replace some of those carbs with low glycemic carbs. You don't need that many carbs IMO at all. You need to eat a little cleaner, as you can bulk while still eating clean. Take a look at MikeXXL's bulking thread up top. Maybe someone else can give you better advice. I've been running a TLC plate for the past 4350345435 hours, and its 2am, and I'm seeing triple.

Thanks for the input rambo. Yeah since the beginning of this week I've been cutiing out most of the milk. Now I only drink ½l for lunch. Low glycemic carbs would that be the same as complex carbs?? I've checked and the bread that I eat (rye bred with lost of seeds) is supposed to be complex carbs. That taken into consideration my diet should be pretty lean or am I missing something?? Well I've been looking at MikeXXL's lean mass diet but I think 3000kcal is too little for me. Also I'm cycling right now so 4000+ kcal shouldn't be too much!?!???

I'll try leaving milk out of my diet all together. That's also what's causing the high carb intake!!

What do you mean by regular PWO formula?? Could you give me an example??

Wouldn't adding 30g of protein to meal 2 inhibit ym ability to absorb the protein from meal 3, since the are relatively close to each other (1½ h)??

Is it OK, to eat whole wheat bread for breakfast instead of oatmeal?? Just can't stand the taste of oatmeal!

Also is there too little fat in my diet?? Was thinking of adding some nuts as it tasts better to me than peanut butter.

BTW I like your signature!!!

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku
    Thanks for the input rambo. Yeah since the beginning of this week I've been cutiing out most of the milk. Now I only drink ½l for lunch. Low glycemic carbs would that be the same as complex carbs?? I've checked and the bread that I eat (rye bred with lost of seeds) is supposed to be complex carbs. That taken into consideration my diet should be pretty lean or am I missing something?? Well I've been looking at MikeXXL's lean mass diet but I think 3000kcal is too little for me. Also I'm cycling right now so 4000+ kcal shouldn't be too much!?!???

I WOULD SAY CUT THE MILK OUT ALL TOGETHER, IT COULD BE LACTOSE INTOLERANCE. LOW GLYCEMIC= COMPLEX. IT REALLY DEPENDS ON HOW YOU HANDLE CALORIES, YOU SHOULD TRY AND GO MAYBE 3500?

I'll try leaving milk out of my diet all together. That's also what's causing the high carb intake!!

What do you mean by regular PWO formula?? Could you give me an example??

50G WHEY PROTEIN, 100 G OF 50% DEXTROSE, 50% MALTODEXTRIN

Wouldn't adding 30g of protein to meal 2 inhibit ym ability to absorb the protein from meal 3, since the are relatively close to each other (1½ h)??

YOU NEED TO TRY AND SPACE THE MEALS OUT TO 2 AND A HALF HOURS APART, TO HELP WITH DIGESTION.

Is it OK, to eat whole wheat bread for breakfast instead of oatmeal?? Just can't stand the taste of oatmeal!

SURE THAT'S FINE, BROWN RICE IS MORE IDEAL.

Also is there too little fat in my diet?? Was thinking of adding some nuts as it tasts better to me than peanut butter.

I REALLY DON'T THINK YOU HAVE TOO LITTLE, SINCE YOU ARE COOKING YOUR MEATS IN OLIVE OIL. YOU CAN CHANGE THE NUTS FOR PEANUT BUTTER I SUPPOSE IF YOU LIKE.

BTW I like your signature!!!

THANKS, BUT PLEASE DON'T HONOR ME BY SHAMELESSLY RIPPING IT OFF TO PUT IT IN YOUR PROFILE FOR AIM OR ON ANOTHER BOARD, I KNOW YOU WOULD NEVER, BRO, BUT APPARENTLY IT'S IN FASHION THESE DAYS
    That being said I'm not great at bulking diets, as I put on weight like nothing, it's the leanness that kills me, I'm so **** carb sensitive it's unbelievable. That's why I'm better at cutting diets, it seems like I'm always doing them . My body HATES being under 11 %. I hate my body for that, so we are even. I seem to be always hovering around there. Enough about me. It's all about you, man, hope someone can give you some better advice.

I appreciate your input very much rambo. It's defenately given me something to work with. Been thinking about the brown rice for quite some time now, just never found a store where they have it. But I think I know where I'll have a pretty good chance finding it, so I'll check it out soon.

I'll leave the cutting for another day, I think I need more mass before trying to cut. I might get back to you one day, when I need advise in that direction.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'm w/Rambo on his suggestions. I'm not a proponent of mixing fat/carbs in any meal, ever, even while bulking, so I'd end up tearing your entire schedule apart. I believe what Rambo outlined is great for your purposes for sure. When you cut up, you're going to have to get a whole heck of a lot more meticulous w/what you eat, when, why, how much, with what, etc.

~SC~

Think it's hard to make a meal consisting only of good fats and proteins, could you give an example. Offcourse proteins is easy but the only thin I can think of at the moment to get a decent amount of fat would be nuts!?

BTW here is the picture I promised of the rye bread.
    Made of 54% rye and 31% seeds.
    Energi: 180 kcal
    Protein: 7g
    Carbs: 35g
    Fat: 1g
    Fibres: 8g
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Comment my diet SC, rambo anyone-rye-bread2.jpg  
    Last edited by SonGoku; 03-04-2004 at 10:48 AM.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    looks like a stepped on piece of feces,:

I am sure it tastes good though.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    looks like a stepped on piece of feces,:

I am sure it tastes good though.

Yeah I guess you're right, it does look like shiat But the taste is OK!!

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Wow abstrack, I almost puked up my protein shake when I saw that piece of bread, then I saw your new avatar...wow...

Thread Information