Thread: olive oil

olive oil

What is the diff between extra virgin and reg olive oil?

I screwed up and bought just the reg.

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    I'm pretty sure it has to do with taste. Nutritionally, it's the same stuff. and i think reg olive oil is cheaper, so if you like it, go with it.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yup! What she said, lol.....

Extra Virgin has less of the blatant taste the other one contains.

~SC~

Cool... thanks. **** swole, is that a new pic on your sig? Your lookin... swole!

That was actually right before my knees and their injuries, so about 8 months ago.
    I'm always the same though, I never bulk up or anything, so I'm about the same right now. It was hell workin' through the knees, but it's about 50% now, so all is going well.

Thanks for the words!
    ~SC~

****, still dealing with the knees? Have your legs lost a lot of size? You never bulk? Do you just put on little amounts of lean mass, or do you just work to maintain?

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Only difference between Extra Virgin olive oil and REgular olive oil is the taste, consistency of the fluid, color and price. Its called extra virgin because as soon as the olives are ripe, they make only make ONE pass on the olives with a stone press til it yields the magic golden green oil. this batch is considered extra virgin. As the stone makes more on more passes then the grade and quality of the oil drops.

Spoon

Thanks Spoon!

GT, legs are about where they were, I can still utilize high reps on the leg press w/a moderate weight (like 400 lbs) and get a great pump. As the area heals, more weight can transfer through the tendons......until then it's higher reps.

All good anyhow, at age 31 I'm looking to be lean and mean all the time, no mass monster bloated figure here. I realize my body has been beaten a bit, time to be nice to it, keep the look I have, and aim to be like that. It goes w/my biz which is about attaining the ripped body you want, so that's a good example I suppose. Adding lean mass slowly is my only approach, yes, as I plan on doing some printwork and hopefully extra positions in t.v. and commercials/movies. U just gotta know where to look.

Thanks for asking!
    ~SC~

Kato is offline Member
    SC, keep us posted if you get on tv/film. that would be cool!

I'm actively working on it, trust me!

Gotta keep upping the ante and moving forth. Those who sleep
    miss the boat of opportunity.

Thanks brotha.....

~SC~

Right on bro, good luck to you, you seem like a go getter.... One of those who can do anything he puts his mind to! Great attitude to have! You will get far in life and much deserve what comes your way... after all, you've earned it!

Peeace

I most certainly would rather go down trying as hard as I can, rather than to look back and say, "Man, I should have......I wish I would have just........etc...."

Thanks GT.

~SC~

Haha, True....... thing is, you might be saying that anyway... BUT at least you know you gave it your all and then some,..

anyways......

Thread Information