LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

Supplementation Critique (While Cutting)

Ok...

Along wth my diet here is what I am taking. I just want to make sure that I am doing this right because I don't want to hurt myself, and I want to be specifically careful with the ephedra. Here it goes:

AM Cardio 20 minutes prior:

1 Stacker 3 w/ Ephendrine or 1 Home Made ECA (depends on time in the morning)
    1 Glutamine/Creatine Stack Pill 200 MG Glut 2000 MG Creatine

Meal 1:
    1 Mega Man Multivitamin
    1-2 EFA Capsles to balanace out healthy fats with my pro/fat meal

Meal 2:
    1-2 EFA Capsles again to balance out healthy fats

Meal 3:
    Nothing... healthy fats utilized

Meal 4: (pre workout)
    No EFA again.... healthy fats utilized
    Stacker 3 for energy at the gym....

Meal 5: PWO
    1 R-ALA w/ Biotin
    1 Creatine / Glut stack same as above

Meal 6: PPWO
    1-2 R-ALA /w Biotin depending on carb intake

Meal 7: Before bed
    1 Mega Man Multi Vitamin
    nothing else... healthy fats used.

Here is a copy of my basic diet outline I am currently following:

8:30am
    Cardio 45 Minutes

10am
    --------------
    2 Whole Eggs
    2 Slices Turkey Bacon
    Protein Shake

12 pm
    ---------------
    1 Can Tuna w/ mayo/mustard

2pm
    ---------------
    1 Chicken Breast
    Olive Oil w/ Small Salad

4pm
    ---------------
    Pre workout shake
    Flax Oil

6pm
    ---------------
    PWO Shake w/ Detrose

7:30 pm
    ---------------
    1 Chicken Breast
    3/4 Cup Brown Rice
    Brocholi

9:30 pm
    ---------------
    Shake
    flax oil

Bed 11 pm

Along with all of this... I am drinking about 1.5 - 2 gallons of water a day. I drink extra water when I take the ephendrine... is this a good precaution? Anything else I can be careful of with the ephenedrine? I am seeing great results as of late, as long as I don't binge I am making very steady progress. The only thing I am considering changing is upping my Protein intake a litte as I have lost some strength at the gym as of late (I know this is normal when cutting).... Thanks in advance for the help

Mike

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    If you have all that flax oil in your diet, why do you need the EFA capsules? From what I've heard, the oil is more beneficial than capsules , and I'm sure you're getting enough EFAs already, so why waste your money?

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim2884
    If you have all that flax oil in your diet, why do you need the EFA capsules? From what I've heard, the oil is more beneficial than capsules , and I'm sure you're getting enough EFAs already, so why waste your money?

Not really sure... i just always shoot for around 35-40 grams of protein per meal, and try for 15-20g of fat. Meal 1 and 2 use eggs and mayo for my fats...as well as turkey bacon. I didn't think those were very healthy fats and it was my understanding that balancing them out is good for you? But anyways, those meals I also don't consume the 15-20 grams of fat I shoot for, so I add 1 or 2 caps to get to that number. I am just going to continue this until my flax and fish oil caps are gone, since i bought them before I started utilizing actual flax oil and olive oil in my diet. I figured I might as well throw em in while I have them. Does this sound ok overall though?

Also, I see many people are shooting for 60 grams of fat a day... I think I have more than that in my diet. Is this OK? Should I axe out 1 of my Pro/Fat meals and make it Lean Protein with Veggies instead, or is it ok to have the extra fat. Like I said, I am seeing very quick progress now that I have stuck to the diet and not binged in a week or so.... but I just want to make sure I am not doing any damage with all the supps I am taking. I feel like I take too much **** everyday... like 20 pills a day lol.

Mike

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    It is good to balance healthy fats with less-than healthy fats, but I think this means on a daily basis. You don't have to get EFAs in every protein/fat meal, as long as you're getting them at some point during the day. Also, whole eggs and mayonnaise actually contain little saturated fat. I wouldn't call these unhealthy by any means. When I think of unhealthy fats, I think of cheese, cream, and high-fat meats, and you don't eat any of those.
    Overall, your diet looks good if you can stick with it. You may want to get some more fiber from veggies and/or a supplement tho. Remember you don't need to count carbs from fiber because they are not digested. Aim for 20-30g/day... unless you enjoy constipation.
    As for fat intake, don't worry about what other people's diets look like. Calories and macronutrient amounts will vary from person to person, and that's fine. As long as you're eating the right amount of calories for cutting, getting enough protein, and the amount of carbs you need post workout, then your fat intake should fall in the right range for you.
    I think someone else could answer your questions on other supplements. I personally don't take any and don't know much about them. I just don't like to fuk with things like my central nervous system. I don't care how safe some people say it is, I'd just rather not take any chances. Unless it's gonna make me drop 10lbs of pure fat in a matter of weeks (which it's not), it's not worth it to me. And, it kinda irks me that supplement manufacturers can basically make whatever claims they want without anything to support them because the industry isn't regulated. I think food is the best diet supplement, and cardio is the best fat-burner.

SkinOverSteel2001 is offline New Member
    I would just suggest dropping the EFA capsules if youre using the flax. You'll lose plenty of fat that way while cutting without the EFA . Good luck.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i read an article stating that it doesnt really matter what time you take your efa's and you can take them all at once to balance out your lipid profile...i believe it was at t-mag.com so you dont have to worry so much about meal per meal...i usually take fish oil in the morning and then flax oil before bed and so far it has not affected me negatively with my other not perfect fats (NO TRANS FATS) my cholesterol is 165 and my BP is pretty good...im also losing a pound a week so i wouldnt get too worried.

Thread Information