xenithon is offline Member

Vitamin and Mineral Supplements

Hi all,

I am currently just maintaining/gaining good quality lean muscle mass (now at 185lbs, 8-10% bf).

I just wanted to know if my current daily vit/mineral intake is enough/too much or if there is anything I should add?? Here it is (I have added links to the products in case you don't get them in your country)

1 x Berocca tablet: http://www.berocca.co.za/what/index.html
    (the film coated tablet) = B-complex supplement
    1 x Centrum: http://www.centrum.com/multi/centrum.asp
    daily multivitamin
    1 or 2 x 500mg vit. C capsule (usually 1 on off days, 2 on training days)

I was told that I should add one vit. E capsule, either 500iu or 1000iu per day - for recovery and fatigue (due to my fairly low carb/fat diet). Should I? Is there anything else you guys recommend?

Thanks for your help!
    Xenith

beenie is offline Senior Member
    That looks pretty good to me. I think that centrum is pretty low dosages however. Remember, your body doesnt retain excess B, C, or Beta Carotine. So you can take these throughout the day.

I also notince that your mineral intake is low. I take about 10X the amount you do of Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium, but for me its essential as I experience cramping otherwise, because of high amounts of cardio I do. If you are not having problems it may not be an issue for you.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    I am not really convinced of the benefits of vitamin E, but I take it. Its cheap and it couldn't hurt.

Thread Information