Beat is offline Associate Member

cutting fat and keeping muscle

i just started to do cardio and im loosing weight pretty fast.. my question is.. how do i keep as much weight as possible while burning only the fat? i want to lower my bf with 7% and keep as much as possible of my weight. what things should i look out for when cutting? i realy dont weigh much and i dont wanna loose too much weight.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Well, congrats on asking the most open ended questions!!!

Just bustin' ya a bit, this happens all the time on the diet forum, but hey that is what we are here for, right?

We need stats, goals, history, current training schedule, a layout of your diet (current on days u train, and one for days off), supplements, cardio schedule and duration, etc. We can then look into what would be most productive for you.

Make sure to check out the sticky atop the page for some very useful information.

Thanks!
    ~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Well, congrats on asking the most open ended questions!!!

Just bustin' ya a bit, this happens all the time on the diet forum, but hey that is what we are here for, right?

We need stats, goals, history, current training schedule, a layout of your diet (current on days u train, and one for days off), supplements, cardio schedule and duration, etc. We can then look into what would be most productive for you.

Make sure to check out the sticky atop the page for some very useful information.

Thanks!
    ~SC~

haha ok heres the stats:

bicep 15,1 in
    chest 45 in
    ab 32 in
    quad 32 in
    calves 15,1 in
    13-14% bf
    187lbs

heres a idea of what i eat.. i wrote this like 1 week ago so i dont remember everything i ate.. anyways:

Protein - carbs. - Fat - Cals

25 - 0 - 1,5 - 180
    9,5 - 51 - 2,5 - 260
    12 - 30 - 3,5 - 150
    50- - 100 - 1 - 300
    50 - 100 - 1 - 300
    12 - 60 - 3 - 300
    57 - 0 - 0 - 600
    12 - 71 - 2 - 350

227 - 412 - 14,5 - 2440

i´ve been training for a little more than 1 year.. right now i dont have a current training schedule because i vary days and excercises all the time to shock the body.. 4 days in the gym 3 days of every week.. and as i said, i want to weigh as much as possible and be shredded

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    looks to me like you are eating a lot of carbs...definitely check out the unofficial cutting guide sticky thread. i have found that by lowering carbs to only eating them Post workout and One hour after that and then supplementing with healthy fats like nuts, oils, and flax seed as well as separating carbs and fats with meals has helped me get stronger in the gym and lose fat. the thread will give you a base. from it construct a diet and then we can help you out by critiquing it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    looks to me like you are eating a lot of carbs...definitely check out the unofficial cutting guide sticky thread. i have found that by lowering carbs to only eating them Post workout and One hour after that and then supplementing with healthy fats like nuts, oils, and flax seed as well as separating carbs and fats with meals has helped me get stronger in the gym and lose fat. the thread will give you a base. from it construct a diet and then we can help you out by critiquing it.
    alright ill try that thnx

Thread Information