big_mike is offline Member

TIRED of Oatmeal!!???? well do i have a recipe that will change your mind forever!!!!

well guys...experimenting last night..i came up with a great recipe for the oatmeal crowd...it's my newest creation called..the chocolatey peanut-buttery oatmeal sensation! rofl...heres the recipe.

1 tbsp of all natural crunchy peanut butter
    2-3 packets of splenda
    1 cup of oatmeal dry
    1 tbsp of baking cocoa
    1 oz of skim milk

Place some oatmeal in a bowl and pour some water into it. Make sure theres not too much water however ( just enuf to cover the oatmeal). Place it in the microwave for 1 minute and 20 seconds. Get the oatmeal out and stir it gently. Next take 1 tbsp of peanut butter (while the oatmeal is hot..) and stir it into the oatmeal until the peanut butter is dissolved well into the oats. next....pour in about 1 oz...or 1/2 oz of skim milk..(or 2% depending on your fat needs) into the oatmeal...and immediately put in 1 tbsp of pure baking cocoa into the bowl. stir everything up very well. Lastly, put in about 2-3 packets of splenda sweetener into the conglomoration....and stir it very well. If you want it a little hotter..place it back into the microwave for 20 seconds...and VOILA!!!! enjoy a bad ass low fat treat to complement any high protein dish i eat mine with liquid egg whites

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Sounds good but how is it "low fat?" Tbsp of pb is 13 g's of fat....

nono...1 tbsp of peanut butter has about 6 grams of fat bro...and if you want...you can use the reduced fat....but has much more chemicals and such....

this recipe has about 400 calories total....about 52 grams of carbs...10-12 grams of fat.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Nice recipe, a bit high in carbs, but I find it amazing that you can't stomach oatmeal but you can put down liquid egg whites .

hehe yea...i can drink the egg whites...but the ones that come in the container ya know? they're pasteurized. If you want to lower the carbs...just cut the ingredients down in half...like today i only used 1/2 cup of oatmeal...and 1/2 tbsp of peanutbutter etc....1/2 cup of oatmeal only has 27 grams of carbs and 3 grams of fat

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    The halved recipe sounds good...but i have an infatuation with oatmeal and I love it with just splenda and cinammon anyway. i don't know how anyone could get tired of it.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    I am also in love with oatmeal.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    oats are mmmm mmmm good!

1) I love Oatmeal too but I cant fit it in anywhere in the day except Post workout meal 2 or my 1 carb meal on off days...Cant have it in the mornings cause I do morning cardio...When do you have your oatmeal Rambo?

2) I was wrong, its 8g of fat per tbsp...My bad...

Personally....since its not a high glycemic carb..and can generate great amounts of energy throughout the day...it would be ideal to take in your oatmeal immediately upon waking up...and also as a second meal..or even pre-workout...say...2 hours before. Personally...when i make my protein shake for the morning...i do the myoplex deluxe nutrition powder...with 3/4 cup of oatmeal...and 1 tbsp of peanut butter...throw them in the blender..and you have a great carb filled shake ready to take you through the day.

Vice is offline Associate Member
    Absolutely lethal, I also do cardio in the morning before breakfast, which consists of 3/4 cup of oatmeal (cinnamon/splenda) and a tuna egg white omlette, I've had no problems.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelyLethal
    1) I love Oatmeal too but I cant fit it in anywhere in the day except Post workout meal 2 or my 1 carb meal on off days...Cant have it in the mornings cause I do morning cardio...When do you have your oatmeal Rambo?

2) I was wrong, its 8g of fat per tbsp...My bad...
    well most recommend a pro/fat post cardio meal, which is what i do. however if you wait 30-45min post cardio to eat a pro/carb meal i dont think it's going to kill you. if you are really jonesing for some oats then i would say go for it. if you really are paranoid do it as a "treat" every other day or something. all in all i dont think it will halt your progress to a severe degree by any means.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Do I have to stir the oats gently? I like to beat my oats down like the bitches they are!!!

I am jonesing for food any chance I can get...As soon I finish cardio its not to the shower its to the kitchen to whip up some eggs and down a whey shake...The more chances to eat the better...Thats how I bulked up as a young kid...I go from hunger to a plateu of nothingness where I can eat, and eat, and eat...Finally, I reach full capacity and sickness... Thats been my recent problem with cheat meals, I no longer remember how to control myself if I dont have macro boundries set up...

Anyway, away from my tangent....I just eat my oats for dinner now...I feel weird downing like chicken or fish with a bowl of oatmeal...But its SOO good with splenda...I guess so are sweet potatoes with cinnamon and "butter" sprays but that takes more prep work...Im lazy....

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    well most recommend a pro/fat post cardio meal, which is what i do. however if you wait 30-45min post cardio to eat a pro/carb meal i dont think it's going to kill you. if you are really jonesing for some oats then i would say go for it. if you really are paranoid do it as a "treat" every other day or something. all in all i dont think it will halt your progress to a severe degree by any means.

Brazy is offline Junior Member
    nothing beats oatmeal mixed in with strawberry whey isolate..

it absolutly ownz all flavour wise.. i enjoy it more than ice cream!

remember...oatmeal is a low glycemic carb....far better for you than rice, pasta, etc etc. Take advantage of the oats and sweet potatoes...never fear!

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    My idea of a cheat meal is a cup of oatmeal, lots of splenda, and either hershey's cocoa mix or some sugar free strawberry preserves...

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    My idea of a cheat meal is a cup of oatmeal, lots of splenda, and either hershey's cocoa mix or some sugar free strawberry preserves...

i admire your will power.. at this moment i would kill for some cheesecake..

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by majorpecs
    one day ill be disciplined enough to make that a cheat meal and nothing else.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    You have to like oatmeal I guess in order for it to satisfy the cravings....I happen to love oatmeal, and it's obviously filling...so by the time I eat it I'm full and the craving has passed, and I actually enjoyed it....

Vice is offline Associate Member
    How much Splenda is too much splenda for one meal? I make sure the top of my oatmeal is covered with it, is this too much? lol

redrock is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Nice recipe, a bit high in carbs, but I find it amazing that you can't stomach oatmeal but you can put down liquid egg whites .
    I could drink liquid egg whites straight with a little splenda mixed in. The processed ones don't have any salmonila or anything. They don't really taste like anything. I use egg whites a lot when i run out of protein powder. RR

Quote Originally Posted by redrock
    I could drink liquid egg whites straight with a little splenda mixed in. The processed ones don't have any salmonila or anything. They don't really taste like anything. I use egg whites a lot when i run out of protein powder. RR

my thoughts exactly. I just downed a carton of Liquid Whites and 3/4 cup of oatmeal with a pack of splenda and cinnamon. mmmmmmmm.

Kato is offline Member
    what the he l l is splenda?

tatertoos is offline Associate Member
    Gold!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kato
    all i have to say is "go to the grocery store buddy"
    it's a sweetener that actually tastes like sugar because it's made from real sugar.

Its definitely GOLD!!! Supposedly 600X stronger then sugar but I dont believe so...Its still so good!!!

http://www.splenda-ingredient.com/pa...?lid=intensity

Thread Information