Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet

Newbie...critique requested.

This is my proposed diet. I am 270 lbs, 6 ft., 19 years old. I have a decent base of muscle, but obvioulsy a lot of fat to lose. I plan to begin building over the summer & fall, after I cut down a lot.

MORNING
    -Multivitamin
    -Bowl of Oatmeal
    -7 Egg Whites, 2 Yolks
    -1 Banana
    AFTERNOON
    -2 Chicken Breasts / Lean Red Meat
    -Cup of Mixed Veggies
    -Cup of Brown Rice
    - Protein Shake
    WORKOUT
    EVENING
    -3 - 4 Chicken Breasts
    -2 Cups of Mixed Veggies
    NIGHT
    -Protein Shake & Apple

My cardio plan is as follows:
    Day 1) 30 Mins (Interval) – 15 low, 15 high
    Day 2) 45 Mins (Interval) – 15 low/med/high
    Day 5) 50 Mins – Low Intensity
    Day 4) 20 Mins – High Intensity
    Day 5) 30 Mins – Moderate Intensity

In addition to this, I will have 2 workout days. Is there any supplements you guys suggest. I have looked into ECA, but I can't take Aspirin. I have researched Clen also. Would Xenadrine be a good choice?

Thanks for all of your help in advance, and try not to flame too harshly. I have been on the site for a short while, and this is an honest effort.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    ME IN CAPS..

Quote Originally Posted by §ierra_350
    This is my proposed diet. I am 270 lbs, 6 ft., 19 years old. I have a decent base of muscle, but obvioulsy a lot of fat to lose. I plan to begin building over the summer & fall, after I cut down a lot.

I SOPPUSE YOUR DOING CARDIO PRIOR TO THIS?
    MORNING
    -Multivitamin GOOD
    -Bowl of Oatmeal PICK EITHER THE EGGS OR THE OATMEAL I WOULD GO WITH THE EGG WHITES AND YOLKS.. YOU MIGHT WANT TO WAIT 30 MINUTES AFTER CARDIO THOUGHT..
    -7 Egg Whites, 2 Yolks LOOK ABOVE
    -1 Banana DROP THAT
    AFTERNOON
    -2 Chicken Breasts / Lean Red Meat GOOD GIVE US MORE NUMBERS..?
    -Cup of Mixed Veggies WHAT KIND OF VEGGIES? MAKE SURE THEY ARE FIBORUS.
    -Cup of Brown Rice PRIOR TO WORKING OUT? EGH NOT IDEAL
    - Protein Shake WHATS IN THIS SHAKE?
    WORKOUT
    PWO SHAKE DEXTROSE AND ISOLATE IS IDEAL WITH R-ALA AND BIOTIN (100 ncg FOR EVERY 40 GRAMS OF DEXTROSE MORE OR LESS)
    EVENING -> PWO MEAL (1.5 HOURS AFTER SHAKE)
    -3 - 4 Chicken Breasts GOOD
    -2 Cups of Mixed Veggies GOOD
    TAKE THE 1/2-3/4 CUP OF RICE AND EAT IT HERE.
    NIGHT
    -Protein Shake & APPLE -> PROTEIN PLUS FLAX DROP THE APPLE

My cardio plan is as follows:
    Day 1) 30 Mins (Interval) – 15 low, 15 high
    Day 2) 45 Mins (Interval) – 15 low/med/high
    Day 5) 50 Mins – Low Intensity
    Day 4) 20 Mins – High Intensity
    Day 5) 30 Mins – Moderate Intensity

I GO ALONG WITH THE BANDWAGON AND SAY 45 MINUTES AT 65-70% HEART RATE (200 - AGE * .70 = HEART RATE)

In addition to this, I will have 2 workout days. Is there any supplements you guys suggest. I have looked into ECA, but I can't take Aspirin. I have researched Clen also. Would Xenadrine be a good choice?

I WOULD TRY TO BUMP THE WORK OUT TO ATLEASE 3-4 DAYS A WEEK.
    XENADRINE HAS ASPRIN AND CLEN IS A GOOD CHOICE BUT DO YOUR RESARCH PRIOR TO USE
    AS FAR AS SUPPLEMENTS GO WHEY, R-ALA, BIOTIN, AND FLAX OIL/SEEDS.

Thanks for all of your help in advance, and try not to flame too harshly. I have been on the site for a short while, and this is an honest effort.

looks good you have to add at lease 2-3 other meals of fat/protein... use the Harris-Benedict formula to determine your caloric need and then cut it by 300-500 cals.. dont have a cheat day for the first two weeks.. let your body absorb the shock of the new diet then in the third week switch it up with a cheat day.. also one thing DONT weight your self every day.. it becomes discuriging.. i dont weight my self unless its absolutely necessery.. if you do want to weight your self on regular bases do it once a week on the same day first thing in the morning... but i would just go by the mirror.. just my two cent.. good luck bro
    Last edited by Elliot; 03-03-2004 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks bro, appreciate it. I'll look into Clen a bit more. And yes, cardio in the AM.

Quote Originally Posted by §ierra_350
    Thanks bro, appreciate it. I'll look into Clen a bit more. And yes, cardio in the AM.

also look into T3.. im thinking of running my first clen and t3 cycle in a bout a month..

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    also look into T3.. im thinking of running my first clen and t3 cycle in a bout a month..

whoa whoa whoa......i really dont recommend suggesting these for two reasons...one they are illegal to use without a script and two T3 is a very catabolic drug and messing with your thyroid is a big deal. i know that you suggested to do a lot of research first, but things like this should not even be considered until your diet is spot on and progress is stopping. even then i wouldnt use t3 because it kills your muscle. most use it with a steroid cycle.

my advice is to look at the unofficial cutting guide sticky thread and build the diet based on it. time and time again i have advised this because i have lost 12lbs of nearly PURE FAT in 13 weeks. keeping my strength in the gym. i did this without using clen or t3...just added ECA the last 4 weeks. i dont have anything against using those things, but only with the proper precaution and knowledge and more as a last resort.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, T-3 if used w/out enough gear and intelligence, can lead you to look like a 12 year old basketball player.

~SC~

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    People in America want instant gratification Bigsd...12 lbs in 13 weeks is way too long for people...I know, Ive been there before...People want 12 lbs in one month.

Sierra, just think how long it took you to get up to 270....Rome wasnt built in a day, it takes time to drop the weight. I have dropped 60 from 245-185 and its taken me a gradual 18+ months of off and on dieting...

Unlessly you are ungodly lean under the fat sierra, I think you can drop a good 30-40 lbs in the initial first few months...Going from 20+ to 15% isnt to bad...15-10% hard....Under 10% you are working your tail off.....

Try to get 4-6 meals a day...Follow what Eliot said...Dont mix Protein, Fat, Carbs together either...At your stats, maintainance is like 3500-3800 calories depeneding on your activity level. I think if you stick to mid to high 2000 you will drop will for a while...Keep adjusting the calories as you stop progressing/stall for prolong periods of time.

Even if you dont follow the cutting diet and just do morning cardio 4-6 times a week for 30-45 minutes, take an ECA, plus you cut your calories into the 2000's the weight will fly off. Ive been there...

As Swole has said before, "Just do it..." See what works for you...But if you do it, go balls to the wall...Dont diet half the week and pig out the other half...Try it for a good month+, I say cheat meal every couple weeks...It's a gradual process....

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    my advice is to look at the unofficial cutting guide sticky thread and build the diet based on it. time and time again i have advised this because i have lost 12lbs of nearly PURE FAT in 13 weeks. keeping my strength in the gym. i did this without using clen or t3...just added ECA the last 4 weeks. i dont have anything against using those things, but only with the proper precaution and knowledge and more as a last resort.

well.. since clen is 2 weeks on 2 weeks off i was thinking of doing the t3 in the two off weeks.. i dont have any thyroid problems and never had. im of course going to monitor my temp and if it falls anything more then 1/2 degree i would discontinue the use of t3. then in the fallowing 2 weeks run clen. im hoping to get to 11% by april and since i'm most likely going to europe then mexico for the summer im want to look the best possible.. i dont think the t3 would have such drastic effect in 14 day.. i might be wrong...

Thanks for the help bro's...one last thing...I have been doing my cardio at PM for some time...will it make a huge difference if I do it b4 I eat in the AM? This may sound simple, but I was wondering what you guys thought.

yes it does.. imho its a pretty big diffrence.. in the am when you havnt eaten anything you burn fat that is stored on your body opposed to what you ate druing the last few hours..

Thanks, I guess I'll switch over to that, wait 30 mins., then eat.

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Just to be the devils advocate...Not my opinion...

Some feel that after "Starving" for eight ours the night before during sleep, the body is in a catabolic(burning musle) state and therefore doing cardio on an empty stomach can push you further into catabolism...They therefore recommend you eat some BCAA's like maybe a scoop or so of protein powder...

My opinion:

I think that at your bodyfat level your body is going to be ATTACKING the fat and therefore you should be alright...The only people who should be worried about possible muscle catabolism are people Swole like Swolecat..HAHA... People with tremendous amounts of muscle and miniscule amounts of fat....

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelyLethal
    Just to be the devils advocate...Not my opinion...

My opinion:

I think that at your bodyfat level your body is going to be ATTACKING the fat and therefore you should be alright...The only people who should be worried about possible muscle catabolism are people Swole like Swolecat..HAHA... People with tremendous amounts of muscle and miniscule amounts of fat....
    I think this is very true. The more fat a person has, the more likely the body is to burn fat as opposed to muscle. This is why the leaner you are, the more concerned you need to be with becoming catabolic. But for someone who has a lot to lose, it's such a problem. I think this applies to the concept of interval training as well. At this point, the goal should be to burn as many calories as possible, not necessarily to burn as much fat and save as much muscle as possible. As long as calories aren't TOO low, muscle loss should be minimal.

Thread Information