LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

Still gaining weight while cutting..

Hmmm....

Very very strange. I weighed myself today and I weighed in at 174, which is about 9-10 pounds more than I was last month. However, I do look like I have gotten bigger in my upper body (arms and chest) but my 6 pack is really starting to take shape and I feel leaner. Is it possible that I could gain this type of mass in a matter of a month on a cut diet where I only take in 2000-2300 calories a day and 150g carbs at most? I know I have binged a few times, but I feel great and i have been clean the last 5 days in a row, so I don't think it could be a weird weight fluctuation. Maybe it is my high protein intake? I am getting in close to 350 g a day now, sometimes more. I didn't think 10 pounds of muscle in a month was possible though. Anyone have thoughts on this at all?

Mike

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    water weight..? dont worry about it.. weight flucates about 5-9 lbs a day.. try to go by the mirror.. its the best indicator of progress.. that and if you want to be anal about it.. tape measure..
    Last edited by Elliot; 03-03-2004 at 09:02 PM.

Possibly... i have been drinking about 1.5 - 2 gallons of water a day. And I do take in plenty of sodium... maybe I have water weight stored. Weird thing is I feel much leaner, and I seriously thought if anything I lost weight lol. My abs are really starting to come out.

Mike

at what time did you weight your self?

Like an hour 1/2 ago....so like 6pm

Mike

probobly why the drastic change.. weight your self tommorow morning and it'll be 2-5 lbs less..

Yea I am sure your right.... I mean don't get me wrong I am not opposed to gaining weight if it is muscle.... but I don't think I could gain 10 lbs of muscle in a month naturally lol. And I sure know it isn't fat because I am starting to get pretty cut up. I'll try it again tomorrow or maybe wait a few days and try again in the morning.

Mike

yeah bro its isnt a big deal.. just eat clean and train.. and remember.. sacrafice today for a better tommorow (sorry farmer i rip off like 95% of your quoets)

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    water weight..? dont worry about it.. weight flucates about 5-9 lbs a day.. try to go by the mirror.. its the best indicator of progress.. that and if you want to be anal about it.. tape measure..

5-9 lbs seems like too much of a weight fluctuation even taking into consideration the water weight. Is this possible? Based on my experience 1-2 lbs at most.

Spoon

With my body I usually see anywhere from 3-7 pounds of weight fluctuation, but I just don't see a full 10 pounds. Like I said I feel leaner, my abs are coming out, but I did notice my arms and chest have gotten much more muscular. Maybe I just turned fat into muscle?

What's that old saying? Muscle weighs more than fat haha

Mike

Well if you feel leaner and look bigger then you are doing something right. This is attributed to your high-protein intake. The purpose of your cutting diet is to lower your B.F. and obviously you are and your building muscle at the same time. Sounds like you have the best of both worlds.

Spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    5-9 lbs seems like too much of a weight fluctuation even taking into consideration the water weight. Is this possible? Based on my experience 1-2 lbs at most.

Spoon

it depends a lot on your build (ecto/meso/endo) and yeah i've seen huge fluctuations in my weight especially the morning after a cheat day or unneccersery day.. and please do keep in mind i used to be 260 lbs..

[QUOTE=Elliot]it depends a lot on your build (ecto/meso/endo) and yeah i've seen huge fluctuations in my weight especially the morning after a cheat day or unneccersery day.. and please do keep in mind i used to be 260 lbs..[/QUOTE

That figures, I'm an ectomorph. Frustrated hardgainer!

Spoon

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i would suggest weighing your self in the morning mid week (i would say a few days after a cheat or even the day before so you have the most clean eating in you) before cardio, before eating and preferably naked after you take a large dump. that should be accurate enough. however like they said weight fluctuates. if you look good that's great...also try to measure waist and body fat..that can help get an accurate reading too.

Thread Information