someday is offline Member

how bad are these things.

Well this last week my diet really stagnated. And i've reassesed my eats and wondered how bad these things were for you.

Atkins bread and la tortilla tortillas - around 3 carbs each and i usually eat a couple pieces of bread with breakfast and also dinner so around twelve carbs a day.

Diet soda- i know it says no carbs but its got a hell of allot of sodium in it and i figure that that will make me retain water.

cheese - fat and more fat, i dont eat much but if i can live without it all the better.

Will be adding more fibrous carbs like broccoli and peas. Any of youdiet gurus have a take on corn??? i love the stuff but can do without.

My question is how bad is this stuff for me and will cutting it out make a large difference.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    CAPS....

Quote Originally Posted by someday
    Well this last week my diet really stagnated. And i've reassesed my eats and wondered how bad these things were for you.

Atkins bread and la tortilla tortillas - around 3 carbs each and i usually eat a couple pieces of bread with breakfast and also dinner so around twelve carbs a day. NOT BAD REALLY.

Diet soda- i know it says no carbs but its got a hell of allot of sodium in it and i figure that that will make me retain water. NOT IF YOU DRINK ENOUGH WATER IT WON'T. U CAN ALSO CHOOSE NO/LOW SODIUM VARIETIES.

cheese - fat and more fat, i dont eat much but if i can live without it all the better. CHEESE IS ONE OF THE STAPLES I USE WHILE CUTTING ACTUALLY!

Will be adding more fibrous carbs like broccoli and peas. PEAS ARE NOT A FIBROUS CARB, THEY ARE A SUGARY VEGETABLE. BROCOLLI, CAULIFLOWER, BRUSSEL SPROUTS, CABBAGE, GREEN BEANS ARE GOOD CHOICES.

Any of youdiet gurus have a take on corn??? i love the stuff but can do without. SAME CATEGORY AS PEAS, NOPE.........SUGAR.

My question is how bad is this stuff for me and will cutting it out make a large difference.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    glad to hear that cheese is ok cuz i do indulge in it for some extra fat and flavor and it's really nice because it adds so much and is not very calorically dense in the right amounts.

when it comes to low carb bread i would stick to the Atkins brand even though it's probably the most expensive...i just saw on the news that a lot of those low carb breads are lying on their labels. also the la tortilla wraps are the best one IMO. to get that much fiber in one serving and i believe with no soy flour is outstanding. Fiber is key to success in taking a $hit while dieting.

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    I agree too!! Sometimes when I am in the mood for oats or not in the mood for eggs Ill have some Carbsense hot cereal, http://www.carbsense.com/products/pr...al_country.htm . I scoop up two servings. The taste is no where near as good as oats but it gives me 24 g's of protein, 24 g of dietary fiber, and 15 g of flax fats. Its a little more gritty, a little more bitter but whatever....I just put 3 splendas on it and its A LOT more sweeter....

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    Fiber is key to success in taking a $hit while dieting.

takara is offline Junior Member
    Cheese is really okay on a cutting diet? It wouldn't be considered a dairy product?

Peace,

Takara

I think its okay because it lacks any carbs...Just fat, maybe some protein too...

Quote Originally Posted by takara
    Cheese is really okay on a cutting diet? It wouldn't be considered a dairy product?

Peace,

Takara

will86 is offline Banned
    so what kind of cheese is allowable?

eggplant is offline Member
    but doesn't cheese have sodium too??

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Why people are so worried about sodium is news to me!

If you drink adequate water, you have nada to worry about.

~SC~

FULL fat cheeses...Cheddar, Swiss, Blue, mozzarella, muenster,....

Check out the food data sites...
    http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin...arch.pl?cheese

Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    but doesn't cheese have sodium too??

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Why people are so worried about sodium is news to me!

If you drink adequate water, you have nada to worry about.

~SC~

my exact thought?! wtf is up with people and sodium this week? did some new no sodium diet book come out or something?

Thread Information