Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'

weekend allowance for alcohol

I kinda knew i was going to drink with my buddies on sat night so i revised my daily caloric requiremnts in order to give me an allowance. Since i am bulking and have added 500 calories to my daily maintenance requiremnts, i consumed 500 calories less in order to anticipate for the booze.

I had about 5 lite beers. Thats around 500 empty calories. question is since i have already attained my daily protein requiremnts and my total calories consumed=daily bulking requiremnts, will the booze make a difference as compared to not having the booze and getting the calories from other sources?

Spoon

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    well i know that if the body is saturated with alcohol then it stores any access as fat. seeing as though you are in a calorie surplus i know the empty calories and alcohol will not help you in any way. however depending on your goals and the time you are taking to bulk i dont think you should worry so much about having a few with the boys. just dont make it a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    well i know that if the body is saturated with alcohol then it stores any access as fat. seeing as though you are in a calorie surplus i know the empty calories and alcohol will not help you in any way. however depending on your goals and the time you are taking to bulk i dont think you should worry so much about having a few with the boys. just dont make it a habit.
    bigsd, Ive seriously limited the number of brewskys id have over the weekends. at one point i would consume ten a night wed tthru sat. Til i decided to get in shape. ive trimmed up considerably but its hard when your with your buds. Anyway since i have tremendous discipline with my diet and dont have any cheat days, would a fairly descent alcohol binge on a sat count as a cheat meal?

Spoon

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's not so much the actual day you drink the alcohol and the binge you go on, but more-so the way your body suffers internally on a cellular level for DAYS after your drink-fest. Fat loss slows, test levels lower, repair and energy is shot, etc. You may not feel hung-over, but that's not a sign you're jacked up. If you feel like ****, that's just more bad topping on the cake.

~SC~

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    like i said if you are near perfect with your diet an OCCASIONAL alcoholic nite wont kill you. the other night i had two beers and a rum and coke and that's about it. i dont like to over kill the alcohol and usually dont drink much at all..however it was my best friend's 21st so i had a few on my cheat day. i probably wont drink anymore than 3 drinks whenever i go out just for my own personal feelings on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    It's not so much the actual day you drink the alcohol and the binge you go on, but more-so the way your body suffers internally on a cellular level for DAYS after your drink-fest. Fat loss slows, test levels lower, repair and energy is shot, etc. You may not feel hung-over, but that's not a sign you're jacked up. If you feel like ****, that's just more bad topping on the cake.

~SC~
    Thanks Swole! always though that if you dint have a hangover you were safe Who was i kidding!

Spoon

Thread Information