Garay002 is offline New Member

How is this diet?

I am a 17 year old male, I weigh 225. I want to lose a few pounds by June. Anyway, here's the diet that I made by following the "how to cut" thread:

Cardio - 45 minutes

Meal 1:
    1 egg, 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal 2:
    Protein shake (2 tbsp flax)

Meal 3:
    Veggies, tuna sandwich

Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition

Meal 5:
    Veggies, steak, 1/2 cup rice or oatmeal.

Meal 6:
    Shake with Flax

What I'm wondering is, if I get up at 6 a.m., how do I spread the meals? every 2-3 hours? I go to the gym at around 10:30 a.m. so should I take a protein shake before as meal 2 then after as meal 3 and PWO nutrition? Also, would lifting weights at 10:30 a.m. for an hour and at 3:30 p.m. for an hour help me lose weight quicker, or is one hour a day enough? Please let me know what changes need to be made to the diet and my workout. Thanks in advance .

will86 is offline Banned
    If you have an ECA stack, remember to take that 20-30 minutes prior to cardio. You should spread each meal 2.5-3 hours, but take in 2 PWO meals, one right after you are done working out and another about 1-1.5 hours later.

also get some dextrose

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    As is the fashion around...In CAPS

Quote Originally Posted by Garay002
    I am a 17 year old male, I weigh 225. I want to lose a few pounds by June. Anyway, here's the diet that I made by following the "how to cut" thread:

Cardio - 45 minutes

Meal 1:
    1 egg, 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal
    NEED MORE PROTEIN...THATS LIKE 19 GRAMS PLUS THE BIT IN OATMEAL...ADD MORE EGGS OR ADD A SHAKE...PLUS YOU DONT WANT PROTEIN, FAT AND CARBS MIXED. P/F OR P/C...NOT ALL 3!! IF YOU DECIDE ON P/C THEN MAKE SURE YOU WAIT LIKE 45-60 MINUTES AFTER CARDIO TO CONSUME THIS MEAL

Meal 2:
    Protein shake (2 tbsp flax)
    OK...MIGHT NOT NEED 2, JUST 1...DONT THINK IT WILL MATTER EITHER WAY

Meal 3:
    Veggies, tuna sandwich
    DONT NEED THE BREAD...JUST DO TUNA, MAYO, LETTUCE, AND GREEN VEGGIES

Workout

Meal 4:
    PWO Nutrition
    I ASSUME ITS PROTEIN AND DEXTROSE

Meal 5:
    AS ABOVE, DONT MIX THE 3...CHICKEN, VEGGIES, OATMEAL, RICE

Meal 6:
    Shake with Flax
    OK

What I'm wondering is, if I get up at 6 a.m., how do I spread the meals? every 2-3 hours? I go to the gym at around 10:30 a.m. so should I take a protein shake before as meal 2 then after as meal 3 and PWO nutrition? Also, would lifting weights at 10:30 a.m. for an hour and at 3:30 p.m. for an hour help me lose weight quicker, or is one hour a day enough? Please let me know what changes need to be made to the diet and my workout. Thanks in advance .

EAT EVERY 2-3 HOURS. WORKOUT ONCE...CARDIO ONCE, TWICE WHEN YOU ARE LEANS AS HECK AND NEED THE FINAL KICK.

SO ON YOUR SCHEDULE...CARDIO FROM 6-7...

EAT OATMEAL AT 8(SO YOU DONT STOP LYPOSIS)
    SHAKE AT 1030
    PWO SHAKE AT 1130-12 ALTHOUGH TWO SHAKES IN A ROW IS GENERALLY A NO-NO B/C THEY DONT FILL YOU UP
    LEAN PROTEIN AND CARBS AT 3
    PROTEIN AND FAT AT 6
    PROTEIN AND FAT AT 9

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by will86
    If you have an ECA stack, remember to take that 20-30 minutes prior to cardio. You should spread each meal 2.5-3 hours, but take in 2 PWO meals, one right after you are done working out and another about 1-1.5 hours later.

also get some dextrose
    what he failed to mention is that the "meal" right after your workout is a shake whey/dextrose (www.1fast400.com). Why liquid you might ask? well because dex being glucose and liquids being digested faster then solids. the meal 1.5-2 hours after is a solid carb/protein meal which later on should be fallowed by a fat/pro meal 2.5-3 hours later.. just my two cents..

and what AL said

tatertoos is offline Associate Member
    Meal 5:
    AS ABOVE, DONT MIX THE 3...CHICKEN, VEGGIES, OATMEAL, RICE
    Utilizing lean protein here with low GI starches and fibrous carbs is fine since this would be considered PPWO. Just take it easy on the starchy carbs(<50g). This will aid in the glycogen restoration since it is post workout. If you stall on fat loss, then you should look at cutting these starches down but until then they will help you spare lean mass.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertoos
    Utilizing lean protein here with low GI starches and fibrous carbs is fine since this would be considered PPWO. Just take it easy on the starchy carbs(<50g). This will aid in the glycogen restoration since it is post workout. If you stall on fat loss, then you should look at cutting these starches down but until then they will help you spare lean mass.
    i believe he was addressing the fact that there was a steak in this meal and that chicken is a better choice because you dont want a fatty piece of meat for protein PPWO.

Thread Information