Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    bigjay727 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    30

    85-100 pounds to lose.

    ok i wanna lose 85 to 100 pounds...... i know most of u will say diet/cardio.... please lay it out on the line for me. i need help.... im 26,6'4'',335......i done eca stack... which i lost 40 pounds with b4..... i am interested in clen .... so.... just lay it out on the line for me... i need help.... thanks.......

  2. #2
    bigsd67's Avatar
    bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,186
    to start you need to cut out junk of any type...soda, candy, processed foods any snack food really is crap. also you should not think of taking illegal substances until your diet is in order and even then you need to research. take a look at the thread above called the unofficial cutting guide. it has some guidelines on how to come up with your own diet. once you post your diet then we can critique it to help you out. you gotta do some research on your own a little to see what you can do.

  3. #3
    bigjay727 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    30
    lemme ask u this.....and i know everone is different.... but how much do u think i could lose by lets say july.... my bday is in july and i wanna lose as much as i can....a childish question maybe but i have goals....







    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    to start you need to cut out junk of any type...soda, candy, processed foods any snack food really is crap. also you should not think of taking illegal substances until your diet is in order and even then you need to research. take a look at the thread above called the unofficial cutting guide. it has some guidelines on how to come up with your own diet. once you post your diet then we can critique it to help you out. you gotta do some research on your own a little to see what you can do.

  4. #4
    bigjay727 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    30

    Unhappy

    .........

  5. #5
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Forget about clen for now. You're bodyfat is high enough in that w/proper diet/exercise you could lose an (__!__) load of fat by supplementing with toothpaste morning and night!

    Really, stickies above can help you out if you are looking for information on how to lay out a program for yourself that we can critique.

    Thanks,
    ~SC~

  6. #6
    longhornDr's Avatar
    longhornDr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Galveston Texas
    Posts
    528
    If you are dedicated and go at it 100% you can probably reach your goal by july.

    If I were in your position I would slash my calories to about 1000 daily (eating only protein and some essential fats) and hit the cardio everyday like my life depended on it.

    Then when you get your bodyfat to a reasonable level you can jump on a more conservative diet.

  7. #7
    bigjay727 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    30
    ok............

  8. #8
    MMC78's Avatar
    MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,310
    Woah, don't cut your calories to 1000 a day. You'll loose all of your energy and desire to do cardio and weights.

    Try starting at 3000-3250 calories/day and continue until you stop loosing weight. Reduce by 250 calories, repeat.

    Check the stickies for the kind of foods you should be eating.

  9. #9
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    In your situation, id save the money i was going to spend on clen and hit swolecat up with a PM about his program. You'll like the results more than the clen.

  10. #10
    AbsolutelyLethal's Avatar
    AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    376
    Coming from a situation like you...I use to be 60 lbs heavier...I think just cutting back your calories some and eating healthier, cut back on saturated fats and you will be fine. My opinion/experience is that someone uber fat will lose a lot of fat not lose much muscle mass if they cut their calories down from like 4000 to 2000-2500, even if the bulk of the calories arent protein. The sticky diet will work, but you have to have a lot of dedication to it...Again, IMO eating lower calorie and fat is easier then cutting out carbs all day except for 1 or two meals a day...My experience in cutting back was losing 30 lbs, without cardio or supplements, over 3 months and retaining all strength....

  11. #11
    longhornDr's Avatar
    longhornDr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Galveston Texas
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC78
    Woah, don't cut your calories to 1000 a day. You'll loose all of your energy and desire to do cardio and weights.

    Try starting at 3000-3250 calories/day and continue until you stop loosing weight. Reduce by 250 calories, repeat.

    Check the stickies for the kind of foods you should be eating.
    It will take him years to lose the weight like that. There's nothing wrong with eating 1000 or fewer calories a day for someone in his position. If you're motivated it's no problem. It's pointless to worry about conserving muscle mass at that level of obesity....the lost muscle will come back quickly later anyways.

    It's not uncommon for obese people to eat NOTHING but water and vitamins for over a year to get rid of that amount of bodyfat.

  12. #12
    BDTR's Avatar
    BDTR is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    10,363
    BUT, loss of muscle = slowed metabolism. Just another thing to think about.

    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    It will take him years to lose the weight like that. There's nothing wrong with eating 1000 or fewer calories a day for someone in his position. If you're motivated it's no problem. It's pointless to worry about conserving muscle mass at that level of obesity....the lost muscle will come back quickly later anyways.

    It's not uncommon for obese people to eat NOTHING but water and vitamins for over a year to get rid of that amount of bodyfat.

  13. #13
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    BUT, loss of muscle = slowed metabolism. Just another thing to think about.


    Very true.... however when your that overweight (speaking from experience) you have to cut the calories down to basically nothing. I would say 2000 at the most a day if you want to reach your goals in a reasonable ammount of time. If you don't care how long it takes then go the slower method of keeping the muscle and losing weight... however it will take much much longer. I wouldn't say starve yourself because that is never good, but I would just start out by cutting the calories big time and watching your carb intake. Drop it down to 100g or less a day, almost like the cutting diets we have around here. I know this is what worked best for me. Just take in lots of protein and healthy fat. Good luck

    Mike

  14. #14
    tatertoos's Avatar
    tatertoos is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NE OHIO
    Posts
    162
    I had the same problem at age 21, I weighed 360lbs at 5'11". I took off 130lbs in about 1.5yr. For most of you on this board, you have no idea about this kind of weight loss and lifestyle change (but you guys do know your **** when it comes to cutting).

    You don't need the official how to cut sticky at this stage, nor do you need drugs. Those changes may be too drastic to follow at first. Once you drop a good portion of the fat, the above advice will be beneficial.

    The start is what Bigs said up top. Cut down the amount of fast food and junk that you eat, daily and turn to something else. My secret was raisen bran (or wheat toast, etc...), when I had a craving for 2 whoppers biggie sized with a coke, I would start with a bowl of cereal with skim milk. Wait 5-10min. if your still hungry do another bowl. Continue this procedure until you can't take it anymore. I promise you won't care for the junk after all that other food. That's like what, 2000cals spared right there. There are many tricks involved. I also cut out meals near bedtime.

    You will learn more and more about how drastically you can change your lifestyle prior to completing your goals. Stay motivated and hit the weights. I did no cardio whatsoever to lose the majority of my fat (now I have to do it everday, though to lose the remainder).

    Swole helped me when I reduced my bodyfat to a point where my strategies were not working. Since Swolegenix 4-5mths ago I've dropped down to about 16%BF and continue to see progress daily...

  15. #15
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Whatever you do, do not "crash diet" no matter how over-weight you are. There are many negative ramifications from doing so.

    Go Tatertoos, it's your b-day!!!!

    ~SC~

  16. #16
    Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    If you are dedicated and go at it 100% you can probably reach your goal by july.

    If I were in your position I would slash my calories to about 1000 daily (eating only protein and some essential fats) and hit the cardio everyday like my life depended on it.

    Then when you get your bodyfat to a reasonable level you can jump on a more conservative diet.
    I think there is everything in the world wrong with this....if he does this, he MAY reach his goal by july, but I still think this is unlikely. 85lbs is a lot to lose in 4 months. And even if he does, there will be a lot of muscle loss and as soon as he starts eating a normal diet, no matter how healthy it is, he will regain most of his weight. Something like this might work for someone who is already eating a calorie-restricted diet, has plateaued and needs to lose 5-10 lbs fast and only expects to keep the results for a short period of time, but i don't think it's the best idea for this guy.

    Cutting calories that drastically will shock the hell out of his body and make it go into starvation mode, HOARD fat, increase his appetite, decrease his energy expenditure (metabolic rate, and activities like fidgeting, changing body position) and burn muscle. Then, when he tries to eat like a normal human being, his body will suck up every ounce of fat because it thinks it's still starving. And this is all physical stuff...nevermind what it will do to him psychologically. I can't even cut my calories that low without feeling like a somalian, and i'm a 115lb. girl!!

    I think the better option here is to not focus on the goal and getting there by a certain time (and a totally unreasonable one at that), but to focus on making steady progress and a lifestyle change so the weight stays off for good.

  17. #17
    AbsolutelyLethal's Avatar
    AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    376
    Ive tried every diet mentioned above so far in my endeavor to lose weight...
    Ive listed them in effectiveness from greatest to least...Also have a personal comment for each...

    1. Low Calorie / Low Fat/ Small Portions
      I ate Small bowl of cereal, banana, and OJ for breakfast, turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and mustard on wheat bread and a side of watermelon for lunch, nature valley granola bar for afternoon snack, healthy choice/lean cuisine OR cereal and a salad with tuna/chicken on top for dinner.

      Didnt intend to lose weight, just eat healthy. Lost 20-30 lbs in 3 months, no strength decrease, some lifts increased. Worked out 5-6 times a week and no cardio.

    2. 1200 Calorie Diet

      This diet was hard only for the hunger at first but after a while I got use to it. No ephedrine to cut hunger pangs down though. Watched my watch looking for the next time to eat. NO problems with energy, I got energy boosts from the caffeine in the non-ephedrine thermogenics. I had days where I did Cardio twice...Did cardio around 3-5 times a week during the day, workout 4 times a week. Ate roughly 150-170 protein, 100-110 carbs(counting fibrous too) mostly simple sugars or carbs from fruit and no complex carbs, and 10 fat. No strength loss, sometimes would get tired midday but if I ate something with sugar, e.g. part of a protein bar, I felt energized.

      Ate: For breakfast 4 egg whites, 1/2 banana; snack 1/2 large protein bar, lunch can of tuna on lettuce and 6-7 oz of strawberries, snack 2 oz of turkey on light(40 cal) bread, dinner: 3-4 oz of chicken, broccoli/greens, late snack 4-6 oz of cottage cheese.

      Went on a cruise over christmas break for two weeks...Ate like an elephant and gained "12 lbs". Four days after weighing in, with just dieting(no cardio or working out) I lost 9 lbs of the water weight, with two weeks of off/on dieting I was back to my pre-cruise weight. Two weeks after that, I had started back on cardio and weights, and got to my lowest ever, 182(Started at 205 @ 14% bf according to 7 site caliper). No strength loss/gain but either did my partner who was eating normally with plenty(300+ g) of protein, carbs, and ats. We've been platued for a while...

      NO bowel movements unless I took fiber pills and even then it was once every 4-5 days.

    3. Sticky Diet
      Not hard to follow once you get the hang of it...Volumous with the food. I cut the calories to 1900-2000, I get roughly 260 protein, 120 net carbs, 55 fat on workout days, and 250 pro, 55 net carbs(1/2 cup of oatmeal and various carbs from daily shakes), and 75-80 fat. I find it necessary to utilize a scale for a lot of things, measuring my meats out, so I get the right portion. Do my cardio 6-7 times a week on empty stomach, or a few hours after p/f meal. Was working out 4-5 times a week, cut it down to 3 Doggcrapp style. Havent weighed in the morning but I jumped on during the day, bogged down with fluids/food, and I was 186-187. I started at 185 in the morning weight...Havent been perfect on the weekends, couple times forced to have cheat weekends due to location, ALA RockyX's dilemma in his thread. Feel "fatter", like looking at the abs or lack of them. Ill check the weight out Friday, my guess is 1-2 lbs after 4 weeks of dieting. Its a slow diet and I rather see instant gratification but I can be patient for now....We'll see how it goes...
    Last edited by AbsolutelyLethal; 03-09-2004 at 08:10 PM.

  18. #18
    AbsolutelyLethal's Avatar
    AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    376
    Cutting calories is definitely do able...My sister went on a doctored supervised fast of 800 calories a day. She ate like 4-5 "cookies" plus a lean cuisine for dinner. She went from 240 to like 160-170 over like 4-6 months. They also gave her like speed for her metabolism and various other pills for god knows what....

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim2884
    Cutting calories that drastically will shock the hell out of his body and make it go into starvation mode, HOARD fat, increase his appetite, decrease his energy expenditure (metabolic rate, and activities like fidgeting, changing body position) and burn muscle. Then, when he tries to eat like a normal human being, his body will suck up every ounce of fat because it thinks it's still starving. And this is all physical stuff...nevermind what it will do to him psychologically. I can't even cut my calories that low without feeling like a somalian, and i'm a 115lb. girl!!

  19. #19
    longhornDr's Avatar
    longhornDr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Galveston Texas
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim2884
    I think there is everything in the world wrong with this....if he does this, he MAY reach his goal by july, but I still think this is unlikely. 85lbs is a lot to lose in 4 months. And even if he does, there will be a lot of muscle loss and as soon as he starts eating a normal diet, no matter how healthy it is, he will regain most of his weight. Something like this might work for someone who is already eating a calorie-restricted diet, has plateaued and needs to lose 5-10 lbs fast and only expects to keep the results for a short period of time, but i don't think it's the best idea for this guy.

    Cutting calories that drastically will shock the hell out of his body and make it go into starvation mode, HOARD fat, increase his appetite, decrease his energy expenditure (metabolic rate, and activities like fidgeting, changing body position) and burn muscle. Then, when he tries to eat like a normal human being, his body will suck up every ounce of fat because it thinks it's still starving. And this is all physical stuff...nevermind what it will do to him psychologically. I can't even cut my calories that low without feeling like a somalian, and i'm a 115lb. girl!!

    I think the better option here is to not focus on the goal and getting there by a certain time (and a totally unreasonable one at that), but to focus on making steady progress and a lifestyle change so the weight stays off for good.
    Well it may be debatable how healthy that approach may be, there is no doubt that it is much more dangerous for him to remain at that level of obesity.

    He asked how to reach his goal and that's one of the few ways of doing it short of surgery.

    I see patients all the time that go on near starvation diets and *greatly* improve their health.

    Fat loss in obese people and normal people are two totally different ball games that require far different approaches.

  20. #20
    usualsuspect's Avatar
    usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    2,936
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelyLethal
    Cutting calories is definitely do able...My sister went on a doctored supervised fast of 800 calories a day. She ate like 4-5 "cookies" plus a lean cuisine for dinner. She went from 240 to like 160-170 over like 4-6 months. They also gave her like speed for her metabolism and various other pills for god knows what....
    The short road might yield faster results but the chances of a rebound is a lot greater. Rather, making the committment to a complete dietary lifestyle change is the best advice with the greatest success rate. No point in losing 50lbs to feel the same way you started. The whole idea is to lose the weight slowly, have fun along the way, and feel better about yourself.

    absolutely- I'm not pointing at you directly...(actually let me say your sister deserves a pat on the back for the weight she lost)...I just wanted to reitterate what Kim said as I think the same way she does on this topic. Someone overweight needs to make a change inside before they set forth on a diet. So before this guy is advised to go on a 1K cal diet and hit the cardio machine daily its very important that he makes a gradual transition to a healthier and more active way of life. I can't stand to see it when a doctor automatically presribes weight-loss pills to a young overweight girl before she attempts to lose the weight naturally.

  21. #21
    AbsolutelyLethal's Avatar
    AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    376
    Well she was all about set to get bariatric surgery...In fact she went in for preliminary checkup and they said she was too thin...She needed to go gain MORE weight and then come back...I had to convince her not to do it...She said she had dieted before done Jenny Craig, Nutrisystems, Weight Watcher, etc but her diet always somehow consisted of fasting all day and/or splurging on Shark Bites and jalapeno poppers from the freezer...This diet was a last ditch attempt before bariatic surgery. In fact at 800 calories the Dr. FORBIDS any cardio or working out. After a certain point they up the calories and you get more active....

    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    The short road might yield faster results but the chances of a rebound is a lot greater. Rather, making the committment to a complete dietary lifestyle change is the best advice with the greatest success rate. No point in losing 50lbs to feel the same way you started. The whole idea is to lose the weight slowly, have fun along the way, and feel better about yourself.

    absolutely- I'm not pointing at you directly...(actually let me say your sister deserves a pat on the back for the weight she lost)...I just wanted to reitterate what Kim said as I think the same way she does on this topic. Someone overweight needs to make a change inside before they set forth on a diet. So before this guy is advised to go on a 1K cal diet and hit the cardio machine daily its very important that he makes a gradual transition to a healthier and more active way of life. I can't stand to see it when a doctor automatically presribes weight-loss pills to a young overweight girl before she attempts to lose the weight naturally.

  22. #22
    bigsd67's Avatar
    bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,186
    my thing is that i dont like the idea of using all types of medication and diet pill to kill appetite and keep your metabolism running, this just seems a bit too unnatural. however if this was a last resort before surgery then what can i say...going under the knife should always be a last resort.

  23. #23
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    The best pill is exercise.

    When people understand this, their bodies usually are indicative of this understanding.

    ~SC~

  24. #24
    AbsolutelyLethal's Avatar
    AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    376
    Apparently my sister was severly hypothyroidal...Even on 800 calories a day she was losing like a lb a week at first until they gave her something to increase her thyroid activity...After that she became more energetic and more weight came off...I believe she had hypothyroidism primarily because she was so inactive...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •