OSTIE is offline Senior Member

Will donating plasma ruin diet?

Im thinking about donating plasma to help my poor college butt afford things such as my protein powders and other school related expenses. I have done this before, but not while dieting. I am all natural trying to cut up. Will donating plasma ruin how my body operates in a sense of lifting, cardio, and how nutrients like protein are used by my body? I would be donating twice a week.

Thanks
    -ost

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'm not sure. What's the diff between this and blood? What is the method?

~SC~

BrownBomber is offline Member
    Plasma is the clear fluid in the blood. What they do is stick a needle in ur arm. The needle is attached to a hose which runs to a machine. The machine sucks out your blood then seperates the red part from the clear plasma. The clear plasma goes into a bag which they take away, while the red part is mixed with I guess you would call it synthetic clear plasma. This combination then goes back into your arm. The sythetic plasma then mixes with your regular plasma in your body and goes back to normal as your body compesates for this. I know this isnt to technical, but the best way I can explain it.

-ost

WOW, sorry about that. My guy was logged on this website last under his name on my laptop and I didnt realize this. So for clarification, the post above is from me OSTIE

-ost

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont think so.. i donate blood roughtly 2 months and never had any problem beside dizness and thoes **** nurses feeding me donuts..

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    i dont think so.. i donate blood roughtly 2 months and never had any problem beside dizness and thoes **** nurses feeding me donuts..

Donating blood is different, however. With plasma, depending on your size and weight, they can take up to somethin like alittle under a liter of plasma from you. I forget the exact amount because it has been awhile, but i remember for my size of 6'2 215lbs, I had to fill up a huge ass bag of my plasma.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    well i think donating blood would be worst in that case since they take the blood out of your system completely.. i dont know about a liter but yeah i fill up a big ass bag too.. how much are you making btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    well i think donating blood would be worst in that case since they take the blood out of your system completely.. i dont know about a liter but yeah i fill up a big ass bag too.. how much are you making btw?
    Well the thing I am questioning about it, when they cycle the seperated red cells from the white cells back into, they had this fake plasma. I was wondering if that is what could possibly be effecting lifting/cardio/nutrition breakdown.

As for what they pay you, you can only donate twice a week. The first donation is 20$ and the second is 30$, so 50$ a week. They also require you to break for two days in between donations

-ost

Does anyone have a fairly professional answer to this question?
    Which again is, Does the fake plasma that they put back in your body along with the red blood effect how your body reacts to cardio, lifting, or processing nutrients such as protein?

Thanks
    -ost

longhornDr is offline Member
    It will have no effect on training.

Donating blood on the other hand, has been shown to reduce athletic performance for over 2 weeks.

Thread Information