LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

Cheating on a Training Day...

I have a quick question... I took my cheat day today and I ate pretty good. I didn't binge or anything, but I am slightly over my daily calorie intake. I have eaten an assload of carbs. My question is should I still utilize dextrose in my PWO shake for today or should I just cut the carbs since I carbed up all day already? I have never cheated on a training day or seen a post about it so I thought I would ask. Thanks

Mike

fritz2435 is offline Member
    You need dextrose pwo!!! Need to feed your starving muscles immediately after strenuous work

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    What you ate prior to weight training has nothing to do with helping to replinish glycogen stores and begin recovery after a weight training workout.

So yes, you still need your PWO nutrition.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    What you ate prior to weight training has nothing to do with helping to replinish glycogen stores and begin recovery after a weight training workout.

So yes, you still need your PWO nutrition.

~SC~

Thanks bro

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    im thinking i may start training on cheat days anyway because training creates more of an afterburn of calories than just cardio alone so i figure i might as well try to burn more fat if im eating somewhat crappy.

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    im thinking i may start training on cheat days anyway because training creates more of an afterburn of calories than just cardio alone so i figure i might as well try to burn more fat if im eating somewhat crappy.
    This has been my approach... I figure, I'm going to be in an anabolic state for most of the day, so I may as well put those calories to good use...and lifting elevates metabolism for a much longer period of time than cardio does(24-48 hrs. vs. an hour or 2).

Yea I figured I would cheat on a training day this time instead of the weekend since I feel like crap from not doing anything all day on the weekend except my morning cardio. I figured why not cheat on a normal training day and get a good workout in so I can burn some of the **** I ate off. Feels better this way

Mike

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Yea I figured I would cheat on a training day this time instead of the weekend since I feel like crap from not doing anything all day on the weekend except my morning cardio. I figured why not cheat on a normal training day and get a good workout in so I can burn some of the **** I ate off. Feels better this way

Mike
    now that im working at a gym i think im gonna do this...think about it, are you really gonna binge eat if you just did some good morning cardio and then lifted your ass off a few hours later...i think not. lifting is always good motivation to eat cleaner than normal even on a cheat day . however during those two or three cheat meals i would still eat some really good $hit.

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    I beg to differ big....

I fricken love cheat meals...I can handle Meals 1-4...Come dinner I always want something more then chicken and veggies, or meat and veggies...I want all the bad stuff now...Dieting has seriously messed up my deires, I feel like a pregnant women some days...Dreaming of like odd foods all day, luckily I dont eat them unless its a cheat meal. That and I no longer know control. On a diet, I know to eat "X." Off, I just binge and keep eating and eating...Then Im sick...

In fact the other day, I knew I was going to an amazing wedding for dinner...I woke up with 3 hours of sleep to get my cardio in so that I wouldnt feel so bad eating the crap...During the wedding I was close to passing out from exhaustion...All I could think of was "at least I did my cardio..." ...

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    now that im working at a gym i think im gonna do this...think about it, are you really gonna binge eat if you just did some good morning cardio and then lifted your ass off a few hours later...i think not. lifting is always good motivation to eat cleaner than normal even on a cheat day . however during those two or three cheat meals i would still eat some really good $hit.

Thread Information