cleverlandshark2001 is offline Junior Member

Low calorie (60/30/10)?

I know I'm gonna catch a "beat down" for this, but what would be the difference in a person's physique who choses to lose bodyfat adopting a 60/30/10 split (or similar high carb, med protein, low fat) as opposed to a low carb, high protein diet (maybe 20/50/30)???

I have been working my carbs out of my diet, and just eating them PWO and PPWO...but I get mentally fatigues and I get all shaky. Either I'm just used to eating alot or I'm diabetic in some way. I'm 260 at 6'1" and have been dieting on 2000 cals per day aprox...some days a little higher. I consume a little bit of carbs and protein at each of my 5 meals.

Hit me back bros.
    Thanks!

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    well im my opinion at 260 you can be eating more calories....im eating about 2050 and i weight about 180 and am losing fat steadily. you might want to start at around 2500 or even a bit more and let the weight come off slowly.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    As well, if you include healthy fats and up the fat intake when you lower the carbs, you'll negate some of the lethargy and ill-will feelings you get when you drop the carbs. Most never up the fats when they drop the carbs, hence the problems.

~SC~

dcrocks is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=cleverlandshark2001]I know I'm gonna catch a "beat down" for this, but what would be the difference in a person's physique who choses to lose bodyfat adopting a 60/30/10 split (or similar high carb, med protein, low fat) as opposed to a low carb, high protein diet (maybe 20/50/30)???

It would probably depend on that persons genetics, metabolism. I have never seen anybodybuilder eat the same meal plan.

I have been working my carbs out of my diet, and just eating them PWO and PPWO...but I get mentally fatigues and I get all shaky. Either I'm just used to eating alot or I'm diabetic in some way. I'm 260 at 6'1" and have been dieting on 2000 cals per day aprox...some days a little higher. I consume a little bit of carbs and protein at each of my 5 meals.

Not sure why you asking questions of this nature on a diet board instead of getting your glucose levels checked by a doctor.

Anyway, instead of "working your carbs out". It would be best in the long run to slowly learn how to cycle them. I.E. three up and three down. Or 3 low with a high every four days. Etc. Just to keep out of "starvation mode" for one.

I am sure swole or dc can work with you on your individual goals.

Give it a shot.

Peace.

Thread Information