AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member

Question What do ya think about my cholesterol? Just got done bulking up on the Anabolic Diet

I bulked up for three months on the Dr. Dipasquels "Anabolic Diet".
    here what i ate in a given week day.

Breakfast: 10 eggs(6 whole) with three slices of american cheese cooked in 1/2 of an inch butter, 5 slices of bacon(or 3 sausage links)

Meal 2: 16 onces of ground meat 80% lean. 3 ounces of american or mozzerella cheese.

Lunch: Same as breakfast

Meal 4: 2 ribeye steaks, 3 ounces of american or mozzerella cheeze

Dinner: Same as breakfast

Meal 6: I can of tuna with 3 spoonfuls of full fat mayo.

Meal 7: Same as breakfast

That's basically what i ate every week day. As you can tell, I like eggs. I got a blood test to see how my cholesterol was at the end of the 3 months and It was:
    Total cholesterol: 243
    HDL(GOOD CHOLESTEROL): 85

They said the total cholesterol is supposed to be under 200, and the HDL can be 45 or higher. So my HDL was very high which was good, and I think that is why the total cholesterol was high too. I also take 1500mg of niacin a day whick is good for cholesterol. I was on niacin the whole time i was bulking up. I heard of some people having total cholesterol levels of 400-600, so mine can't be that bad, right? What do you think?

hybrid is offline Member
    Your cholesterol is a little high. But what do you expect after eating that diet for 3 months. Once you get back to a normal clean diet with more normal nutritional breakdowns I would think that you will get under 200. I heard an interview with Dr. Atkins once where he claimed that being on a high fat, very low carb diet was actually beneficial to cholesterol over the long term. Don't know about that though.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    dude thats 40 eggs a day htf do you afford that? here a box of extra large eggs (dozen) runs for 1.49$

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Well Elliot, I basically live of eggs. My shopping cart is basically full of egs and just few other things. Eggs have gone up in price though in the last 6 months about a dollar. I asked the lady at the store why and she said that eggs are scarce now. Hmm...maybe they are scarce with me around, lol!

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    Well Elliot, I basically live of eggs. My shopping cart is basically full of egs and just few other things. Eggs have gone up in price though in the last 6 months about a dollar. I asked the lady at the store why and she said that eggs are scarce now. Hmm...maybe they are scarce with me around, lol!

lol.. after im done cutting i cant stand to look at tuna and eggs..

Thread Information