BuffGuy is offline Associate Member

Egg White Diet? Unhealthy?

Are too many egg whites a day going to be dangerous for me? I'm on a bulking AS cycle right now...I was thinking of gulping down 8 egg whites a time, maybe 2-3 times per day.

Since each egg white has like 5 grams of protien, that would equal like 120 grams of protein. Probably a little less.

Of course, I'll be eating a lot of other stuff too. I am just saying, if I get a solid 100 grams of protien from egg whites a day...is that a bad plan? Unrealistic?

Where I live, eggs are super cheap, lol.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    the yolks are what contains the majority of the important amino acids in the eggs, however the whites themselves are a clean and quick form of protein.

just eating the whites will not give you enough fat to take advantage of the high protein you can get, so i would add in 2 yolks for every 10 whites.

if you can tolerate eating just the whites, i don't see why it wouldn't be effective.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Sounds fine to me.

~SC~

BuffGuy is offline Associate Member
    You guys are awesome. Simply awesome. Thanks for your speedy input.

I'll add the yokes in the ratio you said. But I think 2 yokes a day only..since too much cholesterol? But yeah, thanks.

Actaully the whole egg/cholesterol issue is/was totally overblown, and eggs have since worked their way outta their former "bad wrap". I believe as long as you include other healthy forms of EFA's into your diet, fish oils, etc., that you don't really have to worry too much, especially if you are exercising as well and controling blood sugar swings. (when most fats get stored)

~SC~

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    hell i eat three eggs a day everyday and my cholesterol is 165...not bad at all

Yeah, I eat like 3 per day myself, and red meat up the (__!__) and my lipid profiles are as platinum as ever. Diabetes/heart disease/obesity is caused by sugars/slin/blood sugar issues, not so much just fats in a diet.

~SC~

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    I don't see a problem unless you're eating them raw (i noticed you used the word "gulp" so i'm not sure) , because you could end up with a biotin deficiency (not to mention food poisoning).

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Actaully the whole egg/cholesterol issue is/was totally overblown, and eggs have since worked their way outta their former "bad wrap". I believe as long as you include other healthy forms of EFA's into your diet, fish oils, etc., that you don't really have to worry too much, especially if you are exercising as well and controling blood sugar swings. (when most fats get stored)

~SC~
    Yup! Yup!

I eat every single morning 12 egg whites along with a couple yolks....of copurse with other food as well. You'll be fine.... just do as Swole had already recommended and you'll be set.

Thread Information