abc 1 is offline Associate Member

swolecat and all board members, please critique

i started dieting down over the last month.

started at 196
    13% bf
    5'5"

good results so far:
    waist down 1 inch
    not taking bf anymore, more interested in how i look not %'s(top 4 abs and serratus are showing, belly button area and handles are the weak area)

here's the diet:
    monday: 2000 cal (protein and fat and vegetables)
    tuesday: 2500 cal (training day - carbs preworkout 1/2 cup oats, 50 gram isopure no carb - postworkout - 50 g from grape juice/ 50g iso - 1/2 cup oats with post - post meal)
    wednesday: 2200 cal (protein and fat and vegetables)
    thursday: 2200 cal (protein and fat and vegetables)
    friday: 2500 cal (same as tuesday except post - post workout meal is 3 mini potatoes)
    saturday: cheat day
    sunday: training day - don't count cal.'s but it's all clean, post post workout meal has 4 mini potatoes

wondering if cals maybe too low. have lost fat, i'm sure alittle muscle because i'm natural now. i do cardio 30 min. a day 3 times a week - moderate.

sound good? all protein sources are chicken, tuna, turkey burgers, eggs, and protein, 6 - 10 servings vegetables a day, 1 gallon of water a day, tons of olive oil.

would you change anything?
    i successfully bulked this winter (added 2 1/2 inches to my waist, got a ton harder, the fat gain didn't show up that much, only on belly button/handles) using 2500 to 2700 cal. on off days, 3600 calories on training days, and eating alot more on sunday's, sort of like 2 cheat days. i might also add, the fat definately came on during x-mas, prior to that, everything was fine.

i have everything logged in for the last 3 years of dieting. i got to 9% last summer using 1900 cal. on off days and 2300 on training days (was on cycle) to give you an idea of how low i had to go calorie wise (test e 10 weeks 400mg/wk, 6 weeks winstrol 50mg/day). @ 6 weeks post cycle i was still sub10%, 185. i only recorded my weight on cycle, last day of cycle i was 190 (was 204 at start of week 5 - water retention). not sure why i have no records for 6 weeks, might have misplaced them.

i can't go too high with calories because i gain fat.

any advice would be great. looking for some new insight, maybe i'm missing something.

swolecat, thought about buying the plan but i already know a ton about my nutritional needs as a bb, wanted to see if you could simply critique this. if that's a problem (need $$) that's cool, i understand the business aspect. thank you either way.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    It looks good but I would add some carbs on non-training days and increase cardio to everyday. A 1/2 cup of oats on non-training days should not affect fat loss. I always have my carb + protein for my second meal on non-training. The one following morning cardio is usually a protein + fat meal. Remember, carbs post cardio blunts lipolysis and stops fat burning dead in its tracks.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abc 1
    i started dieting down over the last month.

started at 196
    13% bf
    5'5"

good results so far:
    waist down 1 inch
    not taking bf anymore, more interested in how i look not %'s(top 4 abs and serratus are showing, belly button area and handles are the weak area)

here's the diet:
    monday: 2000 cal (protein and fat and vegetables)
    tuesday: 2500 cal (training day - carbs preworkout 1/2 cup oats, 50 gram isopure no carb - postworkout - 50 g from grape juice/ 50g iso - 1/2 cup oats with post - post meal)
    wednesday: 2200 cal (protein and fat and vegetables)
    thursday: 2200 cal (protein and fat and vegetables)
    friday: 2500 cal (same as tuesday except post - post workout meal is 3 mini potatoes)
    saturday: cheat day
    sunday: training day - don't count cal.'s but it's all clean, post post workout meal has 4 mini potatoes

wondering if cals maybe too low. have lost fat, i'm sure alittle muscle because i'm natural now. i do cardio 30 min. a day 3 times a week - moderate.

sound good? all protein sources are chicken, tuna, turkey burgers, eggs, and protein, 6 - 10 servings vegetables a day, 1 gallon of water a day, tons of olive oil.

would you change anything?
    i successfully bulked this winter (added 2 1/2 inches to my waist, got a ton harder, the fat gain didn't show up that much, only on belly button/handles) using 2500 to 2700 cal. on off days, 3600 calories on training days, and eating alot more on sunday's, sort of like 2 cheat days. i might also add, the fat definately came on during x-mas, prior to that, everything was fine.

i have everything logged in for the last 3 years of dieting. i got to 9% last summer using 1900 cal. on off days and 2300 on training days (was on cycle) to give you an idea of how low i had to go calorie wise (test e 10 weeks 400mg/wk, 6 weeks winstrol 50mg/day). @ 6 weeks post cycle i was still sub10%, 185. i only recorded my weight on cycle, last day of cycle i was 190 (was 204 at start of week 5 - water retention). not sure why i have no records for 6 weeks, might have misplaced them.

i can't go too high with calories because i gain fat.

any advice would be great. looking for some new insight, maybe i'm missing something.

swolecat, thought about buying the plan but i already know a ton about my nutritional needs as a bb, wanted to see if you could simply critique this. if that's a problem (need $$) that's cool, i understand the business aspect. thank you either way.
    how about cardio... What kind of veggies? I would drop the grape juice and replace it wit dex approx 40-50g fallowed by a r-ala and biotin.. the white potatoes arnt a prime choice, but not too bad.. might want look into yams. are you using a ECA stack or some other sort of fatloss aid? another thing you might want to alternate fish, flax and olive just for vartiation. cals seem good and if your progress stals try skipping a cheat day.. just my two cents..

oh yeah for future whey purcheses check out allthewhey.com they have the same exact stuff as iso pure for like 7$ a LB..

p.s. i was just kidding in the other thread bro welcome to ar
    Last edited by Elliot; 03-18-2004 at 08:23 PM.

thanks for the replies so far guys.

usual suspect:
    do you think i could have the 1/2 cup oats with dinner on my non-training days?
    cardio wise, i usually don't even do cardio as my diet progresses. the leaner i get i really cut the cardio out completely. i feel lowering the cals is a better option (especially when on, i drop fat extremely fast). i was doing the cardio thing hard core 2 years ago and it didn't have the effect on my body that i had expected, and i was doing it 5 to 6 times a week, up to 45min. a session. i feel like it really flattened me out.
    tell me what you think.
    also, let me know what you think about adding the carbs to dinner (if i do add the 1/2 cup, would i have to subtract 150 cal. from somewhere else (ie, fats) or just add the extra cals?

elliot:
    i knew you were kidding in the last post but you were right, i should be open to all advices.
    already reviewed the cardio (won't do hiit, did it for 2 months last year and it wasn't for me)
    vegetables are string beans, low carb and i can handle them without gastric problems (which i had when i was eating different vegetables)
    not a supplement guy - won't use eca's and really don't like putting $$ into ala and the like, i believe it works but i'm not interested in spending all my money on something i should be able to do naturally.
    i am going to use allthewhey next time i order, just realized their prices today. i'd get 3 pounds more for the same price as 7lbs. isopure no carb.
    does the dextrose really make that much of a difference over grape juice? i used to use carbo fuel and it shredded my stomach alot worse than grape juice (which already does shred my stomach). i've come to where i am now thru trial and error, mainly, whatever has caused me to bum rush the toilet has been eliminated.
    the potatoes i have been told not to worry about for 1 main reason, i'm not trying to reach an unbelieveably low bf so it really doesn't make a difference. also, yams to me are just too blah.

with all this new info taken into account, let me know what you think. i will get the dextrose it is that much of a difference because i've heard it's cheap. let me know, i'll sacrifice the toilet.

thanks alot. please revise what you feel needs revision.

decadbal is offline Banned
    you need to start from the calories you use to bulk, and work back to what will cause you to lose the most fat, with the least muscle loss, also cardio is a great idea, and how much water do u drink? also how are your meals cooked

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Just so you know bro, I don't require any $$ at all to help critique your program. I've been swamped as of late and have been taking care of some "other" events here, so I've been out of my normal loop. I do echo what ~US~ and Elliot both offered to you, as that is sound advice, and is what I would have proposed to your outline as well.

Thanks
    ~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Just so you know bro, I don't require any $$ at all to help critique your program. I've been swamped as of late and have been taking care of some "other" events here, so I've been out of my normal loop. I do echo what ~US~ and Elliot both offered to you, as that is sound advice, and is what I would have proposed to your outline as well.

Thanks
    ~SC~
    thanks alot sc. i wasn't sure if your services were based off of a paid program, which if they were, that is completely understandable. time is money for you, freebies shouldn't be expected. thanks for the critique so far.

decadbol:
    i have cut calories from my bulk #'s, i'm just looking for outside opinons if i may have missed something. i'm not losing muscle, just want to see if i could be doing things better. if i can still cut as i am now with maybe 200 extra calories a day, i want to do it. not sure if it would work though, that's the type of advice i'm looking for.

i drink 1 gallon of water a day.

my meals are prepared as such:
    NON TRAINING DAYS:
    b-fast: 1 1/2 turkey burger, 1 slice no fat cheese
    olive oil (depends on daily calories, anywhere from 1 tablespoon to 2)

snack 1: 1 can tuna
    olive oil ( 1 to 3 tablespoons - depends on daily calories)

lunch: 1 1/2 turkey burgers 1 piece no fat cheese
    3 - 5 servings string beans

snack 2: 2 scoop no carb isopure
    olive oil (1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoon - depends on daily calories)

dinner:
    4 whole eggs
    8 whites
    2 piece no fat cheese
    3 - 5 serving string beans

or

9 to 11 ounces grilled chicken
    3 - 5 servings string beans

training days i have my preworkout/postworkout/post - post workout listed above in first post. all the other meals are the same, olive oil is less on training days to make room for calories added with my meals around training.

bump this up for 2 questions:
    can i have that 1/2 cup oats with dinner on non-training days?
    if i add the 1/2 cup, do i deduct calories from fat, or just add in the extra 150 calories.

thanks for all the help so far. anything else please add to this.

Thread Information