Thread: Carb cycling

Vice is offline Associate Member

Question Carb cycling

What are your opinions on carb cycling while dieting, I've been recommended to try a '2 low day, 1 high, 3 low, 1 high' carb cycle, getting in 1.5-2g of carbs on High Days, and getting in as low as 50g on low days.....opinions wanted thanks!

eggplant is offline Member
    i would like to see that too..hey vice, i've been having a cheat meal,sometimes sub wif a high carb day once a week..now i'm trying not to have either one in 2 weeks..guys..opinions on this post by vice????

decadbal is offline Banned
    i think carb cyclin works the best for bulkin and diet, bc it keeps your body revolving in either the diet or growth door without losing muscle or gainin fat, when you low carb you dont wanna go under 100 for the day, and when you hi carb it u sometimes wanna hit 300-600gms, it all really depends on if your dietin or bulkin but carb cycling or ketosis is a great tool to use

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Works better for some than it does for others. Your carbs should automatically be cycled since training days demand more than non-training days. But overall if your trying to get over a rut or coming down to the stretch of a competition, then cycling is very important and beneficial. I had good results with 2 off 1 carb on days. Didn't matter whether I trained or not 2 off days meant no carbs. Its tough though and can be detrimental to muscle preservation if you do it for a long period of time (probably any more than 2 weeks at a time). This really helped speed up the progress and get me over a small platuea. But again I think its one of those tools you should only use when the time calls for it.

~US~

JoeB is offline Associate Member
    High carb PWO1 and PWO2 meals create a natural carb cycle because they're not needed on non-workout days.

eggplant is offline Member
    hmm great advices...anyway..i've not cheated for about 1 week, and i looked more defined and big as to when i carb load. when i do a carb load, the next day i tend to look rather smooth..of course i felt more pumped and swole, but by looking at he mirror, overall i looked way much better when i do not load..muscles are ripped and full..although i felt small..

homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    I've been eating my PWO carbs ONLY after lifting...not after am cardio...is this wrong? I've been lifting M+F (Pull) and T+Sat (Push) with 30min med-high intensity cardio. My cardio is less than 45 min because I've found a way I love doing my cardio now on the bike which involves starting at a low intensity and increasing the intensity every 5 minutes...up to 25 min. Last 5 minutes is a light intensity.
    Any advice?
    I"m eating about 200g carbs on lifting days(m,t,f,sat) and less than 100g on cardio only days (w,th,sun).

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Your 30 min session sounds as if you go over the desired intensity at the 15 min mark or so. Far better to maintain a medium intensity, start to finish, for 45 mins.

~SC~

Also, on low-carb days, should I bump the fat intake?

Reason I'm asking because I followed a diet similar to the sticky 'how to cut diet' by rambo, and I felt I wasn't reacting well to all that olive oil/flax, I felt like **** and looked like ****, so i was recommended to try carb cycling instead.
    Last edited by Vice; 03-21-2004 at 11:19 AM.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    You have to find that "sweet spot" for your macronutrient breakdown. Some cut best on a 60p/25c/25f split while other guys can get away with more carbs on a 45p/35c/20f split. Once you figure what ratio your body responds best to than experiment around with cycling carbs.

I'm a natural, and read a lot of naturals like to follow a 40/40/20 diet....I'll attempt it!

Thread Information