Lance_Vance is offline New Member

Should I change my DIET?

Hey Guys

Im 16 years old and just about to start a creatine cycle, i work out 5 days a week and use weekends for rest. I was wandering if I should have a specific diet or just keep eating as often and as much as i can?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    At 16, read everything you can and assess your status from there. You've got a long time to build a great body, do it intelligently.

~SC~

Superhuman is offline Banned
    depending on your current weight, eat between 4000-6000 calories a day. Eat as little fat as you can, unless your trying to just gain any kind of weight. Also, eat your at least 1.25x your weight in grams of protein per day. For example, if you're 200lbs, eat at least 250g of protein per day. I eat 1.5x though, I weigh about 220 and I eat around 330g of protein/day. No matter what, try to stay away from high levels of saturated fat, such as that in whole milk. Oh, also everyone that reads this - go organic for your milk. They give cows estrogen to increase the size of their utters, to produce more milk... that increases the amount of the female hormone in the milk. It's good for girls, because their tits are bigger nowadays, but it's bad for guys. Just a word of advice, get the organic milk.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    depending on your current weight, eat between 4000-6000 calories a day. Eat as little fat as you can, unless your trying to just gain any kind of weight. Also, eat your at least 1.25x your weight in grams of protein per day. For example, if you're 200lbs, eat at least 250g of protein per day. I eat 1.5x though, I weigh about 220 and I eat around 330g of protein/day. No matter what, try to stay away from high levels of saturated fat, such as that in whole milk. Oh, also everyone that reads this - go organic for your milk. They give cows estrogen to increase the size of their utters, to produce more milk... that increases the amount of the female hormone in the milk. It's good for girls, because their tits are bigger nowadays, but it's bad for guys. Just a word of advice, get the organic milk.
    4K to 6K Cals/day with little fat intake? Your talking absurd amounts of protein and carbs. Just think, even a diet with 50g of fat (450 cals total) and 500g of carbs (2000 cals) you would need at least 650 grams of protein in order to get 5000 cals a day.
    Let me point out that fat intake is very important whether on a hypocaloric or a hypercaloric diet. Not only does fat beef up calorie intake but it can potentially contribute to body composition changes through increasing test levels, decreasing appetite, releasing stored fat, and increasing insulin sensitivity in your muscles. Just make sure your fat intake is comprised of as much good fats (flax, olive, almonds, natty pb, etc) as bad fats (saturated fats, meats, etc)

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    even at 16 6000 calories a day seems pretty high to me....why not start at like 3500 or something around that area and then work more food in as results plateau. JMO

Agreed!

~SC~

dcrocks is offline Banned
    A 16 year old on a Anabolic Diet board. Man, that blows my mind.

I wouldn't think that cycling anything at 16 is a good idea...except cheerleaders.

It's only creatine, and it's a diet board, not an anabolic board. I realize the diet board is housed at "Anabolic Review", however he's in the appropriate forum, and he is not discussing gear related issues. Nothing wrong with learning at his age, and at least he's at a location that won't steer him wrong, which is more than I can say for "other" locations.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    It's only creatine, and it's a diet board, not an anabolic board. I realize the diet board is housed at "Anabolic Review", however he's in the appropriate forum, and he is not discussing gear related issues. Nothing wrong with learning at his age, and at least he's at a location that won't steer him wrong, which is more than I can say for "other" locations.

~SC~
    Then why are the mods banning anyone under 18.

There is no reason to slander other sites swole. Just relax...
    Last edited by dcrocks; 03-18-2004 at 09:49 AM.

He may be banned, yes, but my point was that at least this 16 year old has the sense to ASK before he does, and he's asking legitimate 16 year old questions.

"Other" could mean anything, and I'm very relaxed, thank you.

~SC~

Jason and Pheedno.

This is the post I was talking about. For absolutely no reason at all..this swole guy starts fuking with me.

I have tried to show my respect for him the last week or so, but for some reason out of the blue he stars screwing with me.

the_rebirth is offline Member
    wah wah wah wah

How is an adult convo back and forth with me stating the reasons in which I believe a 16 year old's inquiry is genuine, "screwing with you"?

If anything, I believe you are the one who is too defensive.

~SC~

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Hey Swole, i just looked in the young man's profile. It says he will be starting his first cycle of AS. Just wondering if you were aware of that. Should someone let him know that he's too young? Maybe someone with some seniority such as yourself. Thanks.

Not really, he knows the rules.

I suspect nature will take it's course w/this one anyhow.

~SC~

Thread Information