Vice is offline Associate Member

Quaker One Minute Oats

I've been using this stuff for the longest time, and never noticed the starch content, is 16g per 1/3 cup a lot? is this normal, I'm currently cutting so if eating these oats are detrimental to getting shredded I'd like to know

Also, how many grams of carbs are in 1/2 a cup, I'm getting mixed numbers from everyone. hehe

From my calculations its 30g's of carbs

And, I eat about 80-200g's of oatmeal a day, depending on what day it is, is it okay to put ground cinnamon on it every time i eat it while cutting?
    Last edited by Vice; 03-23-2004 at 07:17 PM.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    It's fine. 30g is right. I like to use old fashioned Quaker, and then simply microwave it for 3 minutes, it does the same thing, and I don't feel like I'm eating instant. It doesn't really matter either way. You're good .

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    I eat oats w/splenda and cinnamon everyday. It's perfectly fine. I've actually read some recent reports that cinnamon may have other health benefits. Here's an excerpt from one article:
    "Less than half a teaspoon of cinnamon daily could significantly reduce the risk factors for diabetes and cardiovascular disease in people with type 2 diabetes, suggests a small trial in next month’s Diabetes Care journal.

Researchers from the US Agricultural Research Service and colleagues from research institutes in Peshawar, Pakistan found that just 1g of the spice per day reduced blood glucose levels, as well as triglycerides, LDL cholesterol, and total cholesterol in a small group of people with type 2 diabetes."

So eat up! I know a lot of people say you need to eat the slow-cooking oats, but I'm almost positive it makes no difference if it's the 1 min. or 5 min. kind. They both have the same nutritional values, the same ingredients (just oats) and the same amount of fiber.

Andre Avigdor is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vice
    I've been using this stuff for the longest time, and never noticed the starch content, is 16g per 1/3 cup a lot? is this normal, I'm currently cutting so if eating these oats are detrimental to getting shredded I'd like to know

Also, how many grams of carbs are in 1/2 a cup, I'm getting mixed numbers from everyone. hehe

From my calculations its 30g's of carbs

And, I eat about 80-200g's of oatmeal a day, depending on what day it is, is it okay to put ground cinnamon on it every time i eat it while cutting?
    1 cup equals 90G's... so half a cup is 45G's And for 45G's you are looking at 171cals P6.3G's C30G's F3G's...

Here's how 1 minute oats compares to sweet potatoes...

As long as you keep dropping BF than you are OK... if you feel like you have hit a wall... then think about reducing your portion size...

As far Cinnamon goes... believe it or not, there is some researching indicating it will actually help you 'cut up'! I always throw a spoon in with my oatmeal...

http://www.redding.com/newsarchive/20040126cu006.shtml
    "Cinnamon, Anderson said, makes cells much more sensitive to insulin , thus increasing glucose metabolism, a process in which cells convert blood sugar to energy."

Andre, on the bag it says 30g serving (1/3 of a cup) = 20 carbs, 4 protein, 2 fat, that's 114 Calories, so how is 45g's 171??

If 30G's = 114 calories... then you multiply 114 X 1.5 to get the value for 45G's...

114 X 1.5 = 171

Who would have guessed that all that high school math would come in handy one day

I'm not talking about total grams of the serving, but the total grams of carbs per serving.........

Quote Originally Posted by Andre Avigdor
    If 30G's = 114 calories... then you multiply 114 X 1.5 to get the value for 45G's...

114 X 1.5 = 171

Who would have guessed that all that high school math would come in handy one day

Same thing applies...

A 30 gram serving has 20G's of carbs...
    And a 45 gram serving has 30G's of carbs...

Multiply the calories or macronutrients of 30G's by 1.5 to figure out the amount for 45G's (1/2 cup)... if you want to figure out a full cup, multiply by 3...

Make sense?

errrrr your right, I was confused for a second!!

Thanks bro
    Last edited by Vice; 03-24-2004 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice
    errrrr your right, I was confused for a second!!

Thanks bro
    Are you eating those oats or smoking em?

I smoke em first, get some munchies happenin and them eat them

Thread Information