Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired

Arrow My diet, bulk/cut opinions?

I work out with a guy that competes, and is going to school to become a nutritionist. THis is what he uses and it looks to be working. I can see his body change dramatically within 3 weeks. He told me to use the bulk for two weeks then go to the cut for two weeks. He said that way your body wont be too fat or too lean to where you can maintain a balance and still put on mass. What do you all think of the two weeks bulk, and two weeks cut? Here is the diet

BULK WEEKS (2)

Meal #1: 3 whole eggs, 3 egg whites, 8 ounces of lean meat [chicken breast, tuna, beef(sirlon or round)], 2 cups oatmeal (sprinkle a little cinnamon on top) or 4 pieces of wheat toast (2 tablespons of peanut butter as topping), 1cup 2% milk

Meal #2: 8 ounces of lean meat, 1 whole grapefruit or 2 apples, 2 cups of 2% milk

Meal# 3: 10 ounces lean meat, 2 cups cooked brown rice, 1 cup 2% milk

Meal # 4 Protein shake ( 50 grams whey protein, 2 cups 2% milk, 2 bananas, 2 tablespoons peanut butter)

Meal #5: 10 ounces lean meat, 10 ounce baked potato, 1 tablepoon butter, 1/4 cup fat free cheese, 1 cup vegetables

Meal #6: 8 ounces lean meat or 4 whole eggs and 8 egg whites, 1 cup 2% milk, 2 servings of low-fat ice cream

CUTTING WEEKS (2)

Meal #1 8 ounces lean meat, 2 whole eggs, 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal #2 10 ounces lean meat, 1/2 grapefruit

Meal #3 10 ounces lean meat, 1 cup cooked brown rice, 1 tablespoon Flaxseed oil

Meal #4 8 ounces lean meat, 1 cup cooked brown rice

Meal #5 10 ounces lean meat, 1 cup cooked brown rice, 1 cup green leafy vegetable (brocolli, spinach, green beans)

Meal #6 1 whole egg, 11 egg whites, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 2 tablespoons picante sauce on eggs

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Try it and see how it works for YOU. That's the only way you'll know.

Not a fan of dairy myself, nor any kinds of fats/carbs mixed together at anytime, but that's what I've found to work for me. You'll also have to have your amounts correct, or the patternization will do no good.

Best of luck!
    ~SC~

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Like SC said, that's one of those things that may or not work for you. The 2 on/2 off is a theory that may work for you or not. MAKE SURE that your macros are correct. His won't work for you, you need to adjust.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    As for the bulking diet..in meal #1 you are over 100gms of protein in just that meal alone. I personally don't feel that your body can digest all that in one sitting. You might want to remove either the eggs or the lean meat.

As for your cutting that is a heck of a lot of brown rice to be eating. The quanity in each meal is good but could you eat it 3 meals in a row. Do you not like Yams? Also in meal # 3 in the cutting faze you are eating carbs and fats via rice and flax oil in the same meal. A big no no when cutting.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Rambo, whats macros?
    FWIW my metabolisim is really high. So I think the cutting one will do ok... guess we can see, plus I have some clen if need be.

Shredz, I think Ill cut down the portions in the first meal in the bulk. Also I have elected to drop the flax oil.

Thread Information