Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    97cobra's Avatar
    97cobra is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    La.
    Posts
    78

    How long is to long??

    I love to sleep so I usually get about 10 hrs. The problem is I am now doing morning cardio and if I sleep 10 hrs. then it will be about 11 hrs w/out a meal. Is this to long w/out a meal? I don't want to be catabolic!!!! I figured it would be so I started getting up about 8 hrs after my last meal and drink a 1 scoop protein shake and go back to sleep for 2 hours. Then get up and hit cardio. I figured in those 2 hrs the shake would have already been digested and when I get up and do cardio it would dip into my fat storage. Would this work ??

    Also my first meal is about 15 min. after cardio and it is a pro/fat meal. But I have been reading some posts on here and some say pro/carb after cardio. Which is best???

  2. #2
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by 97cobra
    I love to sleep so I usually get about 10 hrs. The problem is I am now doing morning cardio and if I sleep 10 hrs. then it will be about 11 hrs w/out a meal. Is this to long w/out a meal? I don't want to be catabolic!!!! I figured it would be so I started getting up about 8 hrs after my last meal and drink a 1 scoop protein shake and go back to sleep for 2 hours. Then get up and hit cardio. I figured in those 2 hrs the shake would have already been digested and when I get up and do cardio it would dip into my fat storage. Would this work ??

    Also my first meal is about 15 min. after cardio and it is a pro/fat meal. But I have been reading some posts on here and some say pro/carb after cardio. Which is best???

    usually 2-3 hours is the target time for digestion. But since your already giving 2 hours and it's just one scoop of whey protein your body will have assimilated the protein already. Your good to go!

  3. #3
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by 97cobra
    Also my first meal is about 15 min. after cardio and it is a pro/fat meal. But I have been reading some posts on here and some say pro/carb after cardio. Which is best???

    There are a lot of posts on which is better after am cardio.... however you won't find an answer. This is something that no one will ever agree on, I would just say do what works for you. Try one week eating a Pro/Carb meal after AM cardio.... if you don't see the results you want try a pro/fat meal. I personally started off using a pro/carb meal (oats/whey/egg whites) and it didn't work too well for me. I wanted results faster, and I found by using a Pro/Fat meal I kept fat burning going all day until I hit the PWO nutrition. I am getting results a lot faster this way, but like I said try both and see what works best for YOU.

    Mike

  4. #4
    97cobra's Avatar
    97cobra is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    La.
    Posts
    78
    Thanx that is what I needed to hear.

  5. #5
    bigsd67's Avatar
    bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,186
    Quote Originally Posted by daman1
    usually 2-3 hours is the target time for digestion. But since your already giving 2 hours and it's just one scoop of whey protein your body will have assimilated the protein already. Your good to go!
    this is what i would say as well....so now i pose a question...if i was to wake up and eat something and then do cardio 3 hours later, would this have the same benefits of morning cardio in the AM....im only talking about one meal before i wait the 2-3 hours. just curious because on days when i go to work at 5am i would still wanna do cardio cuz i can at my job (love being a personal trainer) but i would still wanna get the full benefits without having to wait 4 hours til i eat because i have a client at 5am.

  6. #6
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    this is what i would say as well....so now i pose a question...if i was to wake up and eat something and then do cardio 3 hours later, would this have the same benefits of morning cardio in the AM....im only talking about one meal before i wait the 2-3 hours. just curious because on days when i go to work at 5am i would still wanna do cardio cuz i can at my job (love being a personal trainer) but i would still wanna get the full benefits without having to wait 4 hours til i eat because i have a client at 5am.
    Well it could a very good effect but not as good as in the AM for one specific reason. Our bodies are made to sleep at night and go into a catabolic state, therefore your going to respond better once your HR raises from your body being in that state. I hope that makes sense, as it is hard to explain.

  7. #7
    longhornDr's Avatar
    longhornDr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Galveston Texas
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    this is what i would say as well....so now i pose a question...if i was to wake up and eat something and then do cardio 3 hours later, would this have the same benefits of morning cardio in the AM....im only talking about one meal before i wait the 2-3 hours. just curious because on days when i go to work at 5am i would still wanna do cardio cuz i can at my job (love being a personal trainer) but i would still wanna get the full benefits without having to wait 4 hours til i eat because i have a client at 5am.
    You would not have the same benefits as morning cardio after a fast...by eating you disrupt the hormonal state that was brewing over night....would be better to wake up earlier in the night and eat if you must.

    Must be nice to be able to sleep 10 hours a day.

  8. #8
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    You would not have the same benefits as morning cardio after a fast...by eating you disrupt the hormonal state that was brewing over night....would be better to wake up earlier in the night and eat if you must.

    Must be nice to be able to sleep 10 hours a day.
    Thank you for restating what I had already said.

  9. #9
    Elliot's Avatar
    Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    10 hours of sleep. what an unheard of luxury... and yeah i agree with D..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •