BWhitaker is offline Senior Member

Drinking and minimal fat gain!!!

Ok, so we all know that drinking is not beneficial to the goals of weight training. Some will say moderation. With that out of the way, lets get to the question.

Lets say that one gets home from a night of moderate to moderate heavy drinking. I have always heard that mixing carbs with alcohol is a sure fire way to add inches to the wasteline and i have also heard that about 5% of the alcohol consumed will turn to fat. Now i am wondering what is best to eat at the end of the evening to minimize fat gain but still get to eat something.

PS---im not looking for someone to tell me that i should just eat whatever i want because you shouldnt be doing it very often anyways...but i would still want to minimize fat gain even on my few drinking days.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    OK. Beer = carbs. Mixed drinks that are sugary = carbs.

If you want non carbs, non calorie drinks (few), take some hard liquor and mix it with diet coke. i.e Rum and diet coke.

Refrain from beer, sugary drinks, etc.

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    What if i like to have a few budweisers on friday and saturday night? During the week i dont drink but usually have a few on both nights, usually only 2-3.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Well, a few won't kill you. A few Bud Lights won't kill you to an even lesser degree.

Jackman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Philliagorillia
    What if i like to have a few budweisers on friday and saturday night? During the week i dont drink but usually have a few on both nights, usually only 2-3.
    I dont see why people would drink 2-3 beers. If your going to do it do it right and get hammered instead of just wasting it!

Anyway in all seriousness theres no such thing as a non calorie alcohol lol even in diet coke! there can be no carbs but alcohol has 7 calories per g i believe.

Well i know that there is no such thing as a no calorie drink considering the fact that there are seven calories in each gram of alcohol. However, im just wondering what is the best thing to eat after a night of drinking because we all know that when you get done drinking you want to eat, eat, and eat. On the other hand, i know that pizza is not my best choice as far as fat is concerned. Basically, what type of macronutrients am i looking for after a night of drinking that will cause the most minimal fat gain but still allow me some enjoyment.

jpmacco is offline Associate Member
    I would have a protein shake after drinking. Personally, I try not to drink too much because it lowers my inhibitions and will power, so I'll go right to the pizza or sweets. Drinking also increases my craving for carbs.

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    Ok tonight i think i went way over my limit, i wasnt anywhere near drunk but geez whatta cheat day did i have, the worst of it was splitting the 20 pack of budweiser, 5lbs of hot wings and gallon of ice cream in between 5 guy. Guess is wasnt too bad...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    All these suggestions, and it appears that you ignored all of them.

Can't say you're really going to progress doing things as such, but then again, it's your life/body/results, so no one can tell you what to do.

Only positive is that it's your "cheat" day, but you can ill afford to do this more than once per week, and definitely NOT every week. To me what you did was WAY overboard.

~SC~

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Drink on cheat days once a week period. If you MUST drink more than that, then don't eat afterward and choose light beers or rum & diet coke. If neither of these options are doable for you, then try to be happy being fat cuz that's how you're going to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    All these suggestions, and it appears that you ignored all of them.

Can't say you're really going to progress doing things as such, but then again, it's your life/body/results, so no one can tell you what to do.

Only positive is that it's your "cheat" day, but you can ill afford to do this more than once per week, and definitely NOT every week. To me what you did was WAY overboard.

~SC~
    just curious...were you talking to me or the guy who ate all that food and beer on his cheat day.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Philliagorillia
    Ok tonight i think i went way over my limit, i wasnt anywhere near drunk but geez whatta cheat day did i have, the worst of it was splitting the 20 pack of budweiser, 5lbs of hot wings and gallon of ice cream in between 5 guy. Guess is wasnt too bad...

all i can say is

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by backer123
    just curious...were you talking to me or the guy who ate all that food and beer on his cheat day.
    Yeah, the other guy.......

~SC~

decadbal is offline Banned
    what do u consider "moderat heavy" drinkin....lol away from that, drinkin is bad never the less, a hiprotein diet, heavy training and constant strain is always on your body, if your any kind of a lifter, addin alcohol to the equation isnt very smart, if u have to, stick with grain liq. my advice is to pic, whats more important, this life, or drinkin

Thread Information