Thread: water

Grocho is offline Associate Member

water

How muich water should someone really take in daily? I here all sort of amounts and wanted to get everyone opinion.
    Thanks, G

vinh is offline Junior Member
    if i'am not wrong 7 standard glasses?

askingforit is offline Junior Member
    I've heard you should take your body weight and multiply times
    .66 to get the number of ounces you should consume daily. Just as a general rule. I'm sure that it's probably different for everybody though, as we all are different. How much you need also varies depending upon what types of dehydrating activities you participate in and how much.

Anaballick is offline Associate Member
    People will tell you to take in several gallons a day which seems like a lot. But if you are constantly sipping water all day it will allow you to take in plenty and not cause an overload which will then have you taking trips to the toylet every 5 minutes. Try not to drink too much at once, its better to just keep your body constantly hydrated. I need to do this myself but im too lazy so I dont drink that much water.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Anaballick is right, it's just a matter of sipping it, easily. If you think about it too much, and worry about it, u'll end up drinking a full litre at a time, thinking that's gonna do the trick. What I've started doing is keeping my water bottle with me EVERYWHERE I am. Doesn't matter if your going out, driving somewhere, or even sitting in your own room, at the computer, just have the bottle at your side. If you drink about one bottle per hour (which isn't hard at all) you could manage about 6-10 litres of water per day.

But, like everyone else said, it also depends on your activities. If your into AAS right now, people tend to say drink a lot more. Around 2 gallons or even more. If your into heavy duty cardio, u also need a lot.

Other then that, if your just going for the bare minimum, I believe it's about 6-8 full glasses per day.

Terinox

Thanks alot for the input. Helps out tremendously.
    Thanks, G

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Aim for at least a gallon which in the UK is 4.54 litres I would never drink anything below this.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Wouldn't a gallon = the same amout of litres, whichever country your in? What is the conversion number anyways?

Terinox

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    HMM Billy you surprised me on that one.

1 Gallon = 3.785 Liters

I drink more that a gallon/day easily, just keep sipping it thourgh out the day and in the gym and you will consume shit load of water.
    Last edited by GenuinePL; 01-30-2002 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks again for the information. I am currently trying to get half a gallon. I guess now i should be going for a whole gallon. maybe even a gallon and a half.
    thanks, G

Nico is offline Associate Member
    mAKE SURE yOU DRINK PLENTY OF WATER DURING YOUR WORKOUT, BEFORE DURING AND AFTER

Thread Information