Tedmax195 is offline Member

Low carb diet question

OK here i go i just started lowering my carb intake, i had realized that my carb intake was way too high. i haven't cut out my carbs totally but i have cut out potatoes and bread (other than low carb bread) and rice. So now all i eat is fruit (i know they have alot of carbs) chicken, beef all that meat stuff lots of greens and stuff like oatmeal. i'm doing good i have noticed my weight has stabilized and i'm never really tired anymore and i don't eat as much as i used to. But they're is one thing i don't have very much strength in the gym anymore.... is there anything i should do that won't kill my low carb lifestyle like something i can eat before i go to the gym or do i just have to suffer.

[B]Bump

longhornDr is offline Member
    I have an apple 30 minutes before working out when I'm doing the low carb thing.

Some people have a small serving of oatmeal and protein.

I like the apple because it helps to keep my diet somewhat balanced, otherwise I'd have practically no fruit in my diet.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply i'll try the apple thing and see how my energy goes if its still low i will resort to the oatmeal.
    Thanks
    Tedmax

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It's all about where you place your energy (food) that yields results and drive for the gym/cardio, etc.

~SC~

big_mike is offline Member
    Make sure that you are always consuming low glycemic carbs, as they will release energy more efficiently, and longer throughout the day than high glycemic carbs. Oatmeal is great, as is brown rice, sweet potatos, green apples, etc etc. If you want a quick boost before you go to the gym, take an eca stack, or like myself, go to starbucks and get a large cup of coffee (plain coffee) and tell them to add a couple of expresso shots to it. This will give you a swift kick in the ass, but make sure to drink it slowly, and get your work out over as efficiently as possible. Caffeine will only give you energy for so long....just mho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedmax195
    OK here i go i just started lowering my carb intake, i had realized that my carb intake was way too high. i haven't cut out my carbs totally but i have cut out potatoes and bread (other than low carb bread) and rice. So now all i eat is fruit (i know they have alot of carbs) chicken, beef all that meat stuff lots of greens and stuff like oatmeal. i'm doing good i have noticed my weight has stabilized and i'm never really tired anymore and i don't eat as much as i used to. But they're is one thing i don't have very much strength in the gym anymore.... is there anything i should do that won't kill my low carb lifestyle like something i can eat before i go to the gym or do i just have to suffer.

Thread Information