ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member

What do you think of my diet?

My goal is to keep the muscle I have now and to try and lose a little bit of bodyfat. Here's my daily diet.
    8:00- Myoplex and banana
    10:30- Ribeye steak,baked potatoe,salad and water
    12:00- Go workout
    2:00- Myoplex and chicken sandwich and water
    4:00-snack on peanuts or eat Pure Protein bar and water
    6:00- Chicken breast and baked potatoe and water
    8:00- Cheeseburger,apple and water
    11:00- Myoplex
    I had been on a see food diet...if I could see it I ate it. I'm starting some cardio next week in the morning, 2-3 days for 20-30 minutes. Right now I'm at 195lbs. I want to get rid of some bodyfat and try to keep as much muscle as possible. Any input would be appreciated.

xenithon is offline Member
    well, lets start.

firstly, I would try get some solid food first thing in the morning - especially complex carbs which will breakdown slow and give u all day energy, eg. oats and eggs.

secondly - postoworkout have a myoplex shake, then wait about an hour and have the chicken sandwhich.

thirdly, try swop the snack at 4 with the meal at 8. since u are trying to cut bf % u want the meal with higher carbs earlier, and later in the evening have the pure protein bar which is protein without carbs (try limit carbs after around 6/7pm).

finally, once again to do with lower carbs at night and for the big haul when u sleep, substitute the myoplex at 11 with a pure protein shake just before bed. try get a protein blend which breaks down slow, try not to use a quick acting protein eg. whey before bed.

Trianon is offline Associate Member
    I second the opinoin on oatmeal instead of potato... Use brown rice instead, potatoes and white rice are high on simple carbs. Plus oats is a great source of dietary fiber, with all the protein you gonna need it, trust me. I almost busted the gasket before I wised up and started putting fiber into my low carb, high protein diet

Rottie is offline New Member
    8:00- Cheeseburger,apple and water

That cheeseburger was a favorite of Elvis also. And we know how fit Elvis was

How much do you want to drop, and what sorta time frame do you have to drop the weight?

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    Xenithon and Trianon- I agree that I should add some solid food for my first meal instead of the Myoplex and banana. I get out of bed around 7:30 and its easier to make the Myoplex than it is to make eggs and oatmeal. As far as the 2:00 meal I eat that on the way to work after I leave the gym. I gotta be at work by 2:00. The 4:00 snack has to stay a snack because I'm at work on the job. I just grab a snack until my break at 6:00 and 8:00.

Rottie- I love cheeseburgers! Thats my weakness.I have that during my last break at work. I think I will try and subsitute it with grilled fish or turkey sandwich instead...at least some of the time. As far as how much weight I want to drop maybe 8-10 pounds at the most by summer. I'm 5-9 and 195 lbs. A couple of years ago I dieted dowm to 175lbs. and was extremely define. I want the same definition I had then except 10 lbs. heavier. Thanks for your input.

Thread Information