kman is offline Anabolic Member

The Word ''DIET''

Never thought of myself as on a DIET. Always thought of it as eating healthy. When I pass up cake on someone's Birthday its not cause I am fat and on a diet, it is simply cause I choose not to, I choose to live a healthy lifestye. Also think the word DIET can be a negative for some people {not all}.. Listening to your body and it's needs is very important, and think many people while dieting neglect this, cause of there so called restrictions on that specific DIET. Just thought I would share this, to see if anyone else feels the same, I mean don't get me wrong some people out there should be on strict DIET, be that does not mean they have to get caught up with the term.

yannick32 is offline Associate Member
    kman you are right, and when you grow older i am 32 right now its even more important to eat healty and make good life changes. I am on a so called diet right now lol, but working quit hard on healthy eating myself.

With my family back round i dont really have a choice, many of my family members have died from heart attack related to high cholesterol, lack of physical activity, and eating way to much bad fat.

When i reached 30 years old i went for my yearly blood test and since i was 212 pounds not that chubby i was training very well but my diet was crap, snikers bar, cakes, ice cream and i was hanging out with a fat crowd of people and add a chubby girlfriend that encourage me to eat crap, its not here fault i got fat but still LOL,.

You make some good points and your are on the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by yannick32
    kman you are right, and when you grow older i am 32 right now its even more important to eat healty and make good life changes. I am on a so called diet right now lol, but working quit hard on healthy eating myself.
    Thanks alot man, good to see you are on the right track,keep it up.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    had my bf% checked today 19.7% so im definately going to pay more attention!

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    had my bf% checked today 19.7% so im definately going to pay more attention!
    I'm scared to check mine...I was 4% 10 years ago...Now I'm guessing I'm 20%

cb25 is offline Banned
    yea, diet can be a loaded term, especially in today's society. so many people are scared off by the word because "diets" don't work, are short term solutions that people end up gaining all the weight they lost on.

what we do is definitely a lifestyle...you can ask anyone who's had long-term success with weight loss, and i would wager that the majority of them don't say they are "on a diet" -- they made changes to their daily routines, their daily intakes...and that is what helped them out.

now, there are certain times when diet is definitely warranted -- people with medical conditions need to be on an adjusted diet (diabetes, heart disease, renal failure, etc etc etc), and also bodybuilders who are "dieting down" for a competition.

it's all context in this world...a diet to us is no big deal...but for most people, it carries that negative connotation.

Quote Originally Posted by cb25

it's all context in this world...a diet to us is no big deal...but for most people, it carries that negative connotation.
    On point...

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    I HATE this term sooo much...or at least, the way people use it. I eat very healthy 99% of the time, and I can't stand when people ask me if i'm on a diet, or WHY i'm on a diet. My favorite comment: "What are worried about? You're so skinny, you don't need to diet".... umm yea, there's a REASON i'm not fat thank you. It's because I give a sh*t about what I eat. And I'm looked at like such a weirdo because I don't eat junk food 24 hrs. a day. If I have a cheat meal, it's " Oh, you're eating normal today"... I just wanna scream at people " no, this is actually quite ABnormal for me, and it should be for everyone because it's not normal or healthy to eat CRAP on a regular basis."
    I think I got a little off track here, but this stuff pisses me off.

longhornDr is offline Member
    I tell people I'm on a "program" whenever it comes up in social settings.

I never use the word diet.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    I tell people I'm on a "program" whenever it comes up in social settings.

I never use the word diet.
    i like this answer a lot...i've used it before, but i don't usually think to say that.

Thread Information