TRIBOL is offline Associate Member

New member diet critique please, few guesstions also.

im 26 years old, BF 20% weight 215 5 foot 8
    need anymore info? let me know

weights: monday,thurday. chest shoulders.
    tuesday, friday. arms, back, legs.
    ** i do alot of supper sets without rest

Cardio: everyday

PS. Guestions at the bottom

wake up:
    8 am 1 effedrine and 2 caffeenr caps.

9am cardio ...brisk walk 3.0 mph on a incline for 45 minutes, 2 miles

meal 1
    10am post cardio
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    3 egg whites
    1 scoop whey
    Green tea 1 cup
    multi vitamin
    1000 iu's vitamin e
    666mgs calcium vitamin

11:30 am
    workout 1 hour - 1 1/2 hours.

meal 2
    1pm PWO shake
    2 scoops whey
    16 oz gatorade

** no gatorade on days i dont lift

Meal 3
    2:30pm
    6 oz chicken breast skin less
    large salad
    1 sweet patatoe

** i eat salmon on days i dont lift
    ** no sweet patator on days i dont lift

meal 4
    5:30pm
    1 scoop whey w/ water

meal 5
    8:30pm
    1.5 servings of cashews

meal 6
    11:30pm
    1 scoop whey w/ water
    multi vitamin
    666 mgs calcium vitamin

my guesstions are:

1) should i eliminate carbs in the morning and just have a protien fat meal to keep the fat burning going? ( i think i read it in a post here??)

2) the 16 oz gatorade as my PWO shake has 24 grams of sugar not including whats in the whey, is that tooo much??? ( arnold calls it the white death,

3) is there anything i can add to my oatmeal in the morning to help with that taste? i sometimes gag because it is sooo plain?

4) where should i add my flax oil supp, as i hear you need fat to loose fat? or do i get enough good fats from the cashews and the rest of my diet??

5) is it OK to add t-3 at 25mcgs everyday or should i not mix it with my effedrine? do i really need it anyway u think???

if i think of anymore guesstions i will ask u guys tomorow, class is about to start.

i want to thank you bros for taking the time to help a new memeber whos looking to make this a great new lifestyle... i LOVE walking around with protien shakes in my hands,lolol...

TrIBOL
    Last edited by TRIBOL; 03-30-2004 at 05:26 PM.

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIBOL
    im 26 years old, BF 20% weight 215 5 foot 8
    need anymore info? let me know

weights: monday,thurday. chest shoulders.
    tuesday, friday. arms, back, legs.
    ** i do alot of supper sets without rest

Cardio: everyday

PS. Guestions at the bottom

wake up:
    8 am 1 effedrine and 2 caffeenr caps.

WHERE IS THE ASPRIN??

9am cardio ...brisk walk 3.0 mph on a incline for 45 minutes, 2 miles

GOOD... BUT IF YOU ARE WALKING BRISK ENOUGH IT WILL BE MUCH MORE THAN 2 MILES. MORE LIKE 3-3.5 DEPENDING ON THE SPEED YOU NEED TO BE IN YOUR TARGET HEART RATE

meal 1
    10am post cardio
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    3 egg whites
    1 scoop whey
    Green tea 1 cup
    multi vitamin
    1000 iu's vitamin e
    666mgs calcium vitamin

GOOD... OR HAVE A PRO/FAT MEAL EITHER WAY YOU ARE OK, JUST PERSONAL PREFERENCE

11:30 am
    workout 1 hour - 1 1/2 hours.

meal 2
    1pm PWO shake
    2 scoops whey
    16 oz gatorade

** no gatorade on days i dont lift

HOW MANY GRAMS OF CARBS ARE IN 16 OZ OF GATORADE? THE CARB PROTEIN RATIO HERE SHOULD BE 2:1

Meal 3
    2:30pm
    6 oz chicken breast skin less
    large salad
    1 sweet patatoe

** i eat salmon on days i dont lift
    ** no sweet patator on days i dont lift

GOOD

meal 4
    5:30pm
    1 scoop whey w/ water

NEED FAT IN THIS MEAL. ADD YOUR FLAX HERE

meal 5
    8:30pm
    1.5 servings of cashews

NEED PROTEIN IN THIS MEAL

meal 6
    11:30pm
    1 scoop whey w/ water
    multi vitamin
    666 mgs calcium vitamin

ADD SOME MORE FLAX HERE BEFORE BED. WHEY IS DIGESTED TOO FAST OTHERWISE

my guesstions are:

1) should i eliminate carbs in the morning and just have a protien fat meal to keep the fat burning going? ( i think i read it in a post here??)

NO ONE AGREES EITHER WAY... JUST DO WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU AND BRINGS YOU THE QUICKEST RESULTS

2) the 16 oz gatorade as my PWO shake has 24 grams of sugar not including whats in the whey, is that tooo much??? ( arnold calls it the white death,

READ WHAT I WROTE ABOVE

3) is there anything i can add to my oatmeal in the morning to help with that taste? i sometimes gag because it is sooo plain?

USE 2 PACKETS OF SPLENDA AND SOME CINAMON... TASTES GREAT

4) where should i add my flax oil supp, as i hear you need fat to loose fat? or do i get enough good fats from the cashews and the rest of my diet??

READ ABOVE

5) is it OK to add t-3 at 25mcgs everyday or should i not mix it with my effedrine? do i really need it anyway u think???

NOT SURE ABOUT THIS ONE... WAIT FOR MORE REPLIES

if i think of anymore guesstions i will ask u guys tomorow, class is about to start.

i want to thank you bros for taking the time to help a new memeber whos looking to make this a great new lifestyle... i LOVE walking around with protien shakes in my hands,lolol...

TrIBOL

Hope this helped... good luck bro. My replies are in caps.

Mike

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    i agree with mike he pretty much nailed it.. the thing about T3 that it is a serious drug.. For one it can lead to a condition where you'll have to continue to take it for the rest of you life. Also since T3 is very catabolic i would get some other special juice to fight the catabolism cause you can end up like swole says 13 year old basketball player. Also I dont think its a necessity unless your getting ready for a show, etc.. However if your really stomped look into Clen its a much safer alternative to T3... just my two cents..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    T3 is best utilized @ 25 mcs's a day w/ a relatively CLEAN bulking program w/some sh*t food thrown in at times.

For dieting, nope.............you lose lean mass even w/lots of gear. Don't believe me?
    Try it!

~SC~

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    thank you swole & elliot, t-3 doesnt sound to productive at all if i wanna keep whatever lean mass I have. im defintly gonna take your word for it as i been reading this board for a few months now trying to figure out a plan of attack before i posted. i look up to members such as yourselves.

lean me out, that was outstanding help my friend. U laid everything out so perfectly for me. Here are some answers and feedback and some guesstions.

The cardio I do in the morning, end at 2 and a quarter miles. I walk 3mph. im gonna start to up it to 3.5 and see how far I get with that. If I go to 4mph I would be moderately jogging.

My PWO shake has 46 grams protein, 34 grams of carbs, 26-28 grams of sugar.. I use lemon lime flavor Gatorade cause I read that lemon actually tightens the skin. Im not sure if the Gatorade has real lemon, but im looking for every edge I can get, lol..Do you think I should add more carbs??? Maybe get some dextrose and start using that? Also do I need that malodextrine I hear about a lot with dextrose??

Im gonna add the flax with meal 4 like u said for sure.Meal 5, im gonna drop the cashews and eat a can of albacore tuna with salsa, does that sound like a better choice? Also should I still put the flax in meal 4, even though im getting the efa’s in meal 5 (albacore tuna)???

Im gonna add the aspirin like u advise… thanks again for laying everything out so perfect for me. I appreciate you taking the time out.

u know what the worse mistake I ever made was. When I started this diet, I never keeped any journals or loggs about what I ate. I mixed things up for 3-4 months, changes my diet every month, and the month where fat was just shedding off, I forgot what the hell I ate to help me out. I forget if it was when I doing the fat/protein meals after cardio or the oatmeal. Im not gonna make that mistake again. I carry my journal now like it’s the bible, lol..

Thanks again.

Swole, im gonna hit u up when I get to the hard to loose stuff because I like what I read about you and the feedback you give. U will be hearing from me.

TrIBOL

Quote Originally Posted by TRIBOL

The cardio I do in the morning, end at 2 and a quarter miles. I walk 3mph. im gonna start to up it to 3.5 and see how far I get with that. If I go to 4mph I would be moderately jogging.

IT ISNT IMPORTANT WHAT SPEED OR INCLINE YOUR GOING AT WHAT IS IMPORTANT IS YOUR HEART RATE. MOST MODERN TREADMILLS HAVE A HEART RATE READER WHICH COMES VERY USEFUL..

My PWO shake has 46 grams protein, 34 grams of carbs, 26-28 grams of sugar.. I use lemon lime flavor Gatorade cause I read that lemon actually tightens the skin. Im not sure if the Gatorade has real lemon, but im looking for every edge I can get, lol..Do you think I should add more carbs??? Maybe get some dextrose and start using that? Also do I need that malodextrine I hear about a lot with dextrose??

SORRY TO TELL YOU BUT THE LEMON IN GATORADE ISNT REAL LEMON.. IF YOU DON WANT TO UTALIZE LEMON TO TIGHTEN UP SKIN (WHICH ISNT THAT BAD OF AN IDEA) GET A LEMON OR TWO SQUEEZE THEM INTO A GALLON OF WATER AND YOU GOT A GALLON OF LEMONADE FOR THE DAY

DEXTROSE IS IMPORTANT AS WELL AS CHEAP.. IT REPLENISHES GLUCOSE AFTER YOUR WORKOUT.. ITS A FAST BURING CARB AND IT MAKES ****TY PROTEIN TASTE GREAT .. MALODEXTRINE ISNT IDEAL FOR PWO MEALS DUE TO THE FACT THAT ITS A SLOW BURNING CARB AND THAT ISNT WHAT YOU WANT PWO. IF YOU WANT YOU CAN USE IT IN YOU PWO MEAL IF YOU DONT EAT ANY POTATOES, BROWN RICE OR YAMS. THE THING ABOUT THE CARB TO PROTEIN RATIO IS A ICKY ONE.. EVERY ONE HERE HAS THIER OWN OPINION MOST SAY 2 TO 1 OTHERS SAY 1 TO 1.. I TRY TO STAY AT A 1 TO 1.5 PRO TO CARB RATIO.

Im gonna add the flax with meal 4 like u said for sure.Meal 5, im gonna drop the cashews and eat a can of albacore tuna with salsa, does that sound like a better choice? Also should I still put the flax in meal 4, even though im getting the efa’s in meal 5 (albacore tuna)???

YOU SHOULD BUT IN A LOWER DOSAGE..

Im gonna add the aspirin like u advise… thanks again for laying everything out so perfect for me. I appreciate you taking the time out.

u know what the worse mistake I ever made was. When I started this diet, I never keeped any journals or loggs about what I ate. I mixed things up for 3-4 months, changes my diet every month, and the month where fat was just shedding off, I forgot what the hell I ate to help me out. I forget if it was when I doing the fat/protein meals after cardio or the oatmeal. Im not gonna make that mistake again. I carry my journal now like it’s the bible, lol..

WWW.FITDAY.COM COME SOMEWHAT USEFUL..

Thanks again.

Swole, im gonna hit u up when I get to the hard to loose stuff because I like what I read about you and the feedback you give. U will be hearing from me.

YEAH SWOLE IS A MAD SCIENTIST WHEN IT COME TO DIETING

TrIBOL

in caps above

No problem bro...

Tuna does have the EFAs in it... but you still need more fat. It only has 1 gram per serving. So with your average 2.5 serving can you are only getting 2.5g of fat and 37 grams of protein. I would add some mayo for fat or olive oil is good too.

Don't worry about what speed you are on with the treadmill... worry about the Heart Rate. Get your heart rate in your target zone without running. If you have to put an it at an incline and moderate speed... just don't run/jog. But like I said atleast for me... to be in my target heart rate I have to be at 4.0 or higher w/ incline and I usually end up at about 3 miles. Just do what is the right ammount for your body. Target Heart rate is 220-age * .7

As for the malodextrine, I don't really know much about it but I have been using Dextrose only w/ Isolate for months on end and I am getting great results. I am actually getting leaner but bigger in the right places at the same time. So I am guessing dextrose alone is fine. And remember what I said... PWO shake needs to be 2:1 carbs to protein. So if you are having 21 grams of carbs (which isn't enough) you need to have only 10.5g of protein. If I were you I would stick to 25g of protein and 51g carbs PWO (1/3 cut dextrose).

By the way.... keeping a daily log is the best thing you can possibly do. Lay it all out the night before and eat according to it. Works best for me. When I get home from work later I can post the diet outline chart I use... got it from someone here on the board and it is awesome.

Goodluck bro

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    in caps above

Beat me to it

mike swallows

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    mike swallows

**Cough** HOMo **Cough**

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut

**Cough** HOMo **Cough**

Sorry to Hijack... but

Elliot... you have the greatest Avatar ever lol...

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Sorry to Hijack... but

Elliot... you have the greatest Avatar ever lol...

Mike

well thank you it describes my personality to the T

Thread Information