xenithon is offline Member

Sweet Potato Nutritional info

Heya guys,

I would just like to know if anyone here has the ACTUAL nutritional info of sweet potatoes. Many sites I have seen including the food profile here, have very different info's. Of course the main thing I am looking for is carbs, preferably carbs per 100g sweet potato. this site says about 12-13g, but some sites have it as like 25g/100 - thats quite a difference, especially when watching carbs, so any input will be much appreciated.

thanks!

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    xenithon,
    I have these values from a book called "The Protien Counter" by Annette B.Natow Ph.D, R.D and Jo-Ann Heslin, M.A., R.D. I have found this particular book to be pretty acurate and have used it for several years now. Anyway this is what I found.

Sweet Potaotes
    Fresh baked with skin
    3 1/2 oz serving size
    118 calories
    28 grams of carbs
    trace amounts of fat
    2 grams of protien

When I say trace amounts of fats what I mean is that there is fat in a sweet pototoe however it is less than 1 gram so it really isn't enough to really mention.

Mashed Sweet Potatoes
    1/2 cup serving size
    172 calories
    40 grams of carbs
    trace amounts of fat
    3 grams of fat

Hope that this helps,
    Tobey

xenithon is offline Member
    thanks for the help Tobey!

as I was saying about discrepencies: the book says 28g carbs for 3.5 oz, whilst this site's food profile says 14g per 4 oz! I'll stick to what the book says, but I wonder how there can be such differences between sources.

Oh well, a little extra cardio for all that extra sweet potato I shouldn't have had

Thread Information