Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    abc 1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    160

    shocking post on pwo nutrition - long but shocking

    got this off of bodybuilding.com, incredible read if you have time. completely mixes me up.

    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...f&pagenumber=1

  2. #2
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    I read most of the thread, but halfway through the guy admits it's his own "personal experience along with others." IMO it's BS. He doesn't back up anything scientifically. Yes, whey will cause an insulin response, but not anywhere near enough....

  3. #3
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    I'll make my reply short.........

    HAHHAHAHAHAHAH...........

    K, that's all I have to say about the subject. I promised everyone if I were to tear something apart, I'd do so in a tactile manner and provide tons of evidence to support my position.

    Well, been there done that 100 times already, so I plead the 5th here.

    ~SC~

  4. #4
    spywizard's Avatar
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    In the Gym, if i could
    Posts
    16,350
    Thanks swole............ saved me the time.............



    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'll make my reply short.........

    HAHHAHAHAHAHAH...........

    K, that's all I have to say about the subject. I promised everyone if I were to tear something apart, I'd do so in a tactile manner and provide tons of evidence to support my position.

    Well, been there done that 100 times already, so I plead the 5th here.

    ~SC~
    The answer to your every question

    Rules

    A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.


    If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

    Why the Police will Kick your ass

  5. #5
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'll make my reply short.........

    HAHHAHAHAHAHAH...........

    K, that's all I have to say about the subject. I promised everyone if I were to tear something apart, I'd do so in a tactile manner and provide tons of evidence to support my position.

    Well, been there done that 100 times already, so I plead the 5th here.

    ~SC~
    ****it, I'm done being civil.

    All I wanted to do was take a dump all over that thread, but I didn't. In retrospect, I should've.

  6. #6
    abc 1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    160
    before i start my response, are those remarks about taking a dump on the thread directed towards me? please let me know if that is the case.



    i thought there was alot of data to back up the post. and there seemed to be alot of support.

    has anyone tried this to see if it's effective?

    i'm just curious. alot of the studies they posted did support what they were saying. i didn't buy into it, my main reason for reposting it here, but it did confuse me alittle. this is not the first time i had heard people using pwo like this and saying it was better. those people used the personal preference crap and i discounted it completely.

    is it entirely false?

    i just got back into the dextrose thing (just ordered 22 pounds - even though it destroys my stomach) and want to be sure not to use too much. numerous times in the thread there was reference to dextrose being used in the 40 to 50 gram amount rather than higher.

    sorry if this was too beneath everyone to illicit credible responses but there were numerous people using this method (numerous, not 1, not 2) saying it was much better with less fat retention. i'm just trying to find out if there is any validity to it.
    Last edited by abc 1; 04-02-2004 at 06:24 AM.

  7. #7
    the_rebirth's Avatar
    the_rebirth is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    776
    i tried it for 4 weeks, it set me way way behind. yes i took in a lesser amount of calories but that didnt help anything, ill stick to my dextrose / whey for pwo because thats what has given me better results.

    ~Ricky

  8. #8
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Ouch, now our responses aren't "credible"............

    That hurts!

    ~SC~

  9. #9
    Elliot's Avatar
    Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Ouch, now our responses aren't "credible"............

    That hurts!

    ~SC~

    i dont belive a word you say!@



  10. #10
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    I used whey alone for post workout shakes for a year and I noticed MUCH better results when I went back to dextrose and whey.

  11. #11
    abc 1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    160
    swolecat

    your a funny guy.

    instead of lending your expertise you feed your internet ego. very helpful.

    it's funny how someone with the ability to help so many has to act like it and let everyone know it. even when i asked for a critique of my diet by someone with great knowledge you lectured me on how you don't need money, blah, blah, blah.

    i wonder if you would have not responded if maybe i would have gotten more responses with personal experiences or maybe some scientific evidence to the thread i posted. too late for that. thanks anyway champ.

  12. #12
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by abc 1
    swolecat

    your a funny guy.

    instead of lending your expertise you feed your internet ego. very helpful.

    it's funny how someone with the ability to help so many has to act like it and let everyone know it. even when i asked for a critique of my diet by someone with great knowledge you lectured me on how you don't need money, blah, blah, blah.

    i wonder if you would have not responded if maybe i would have gotten more responses with personal experiences or maybe some scientific evidence to the thread i posted. too late for that. thanks anyway champ.


    Your a fag bro......

  13. #13
    daman1's Avatar
    daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    beatin it up...
    Posts
    3,200
    hmm...

  14. #14
    abc 1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    160
    no need to keep this going. i'm not even going to check this **** anymore. waste of board space.

    thanks to those who replied.

  15. #15
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by abc 1
    no need to keep this going. i'm not even going to check this **** anymore. waste of board space.

    thanks to those who replied.
    Sorry if you don't like my reply.

    Can't please everyone.

    Don't let the door hit your (__!__) on the way out.

    Really though, if you are too lazy to do a search about this topic (we've covered it 100000000000000000000 times) then there is nothing more I can offer.

    Things are ARCHIVED for a reason. I don't OWE you anything, so I don't know what you were expecting. I'm more than helpful here, but some things/beliefs by the pros here are common knowledge, and can be found within the stickies and threads here. If you are too lazy to read those, that's all on you.

    I can ill afford to refute the same arguments OVER AND OVER AND OVER again when someone comes along w/a thread such as your's. It's like we all go, "here we go again"...........it's a family here, so you are either part of the family and can learn, or you are a hateful outsider who throws in his cheap shots where he THINKS they can land. Then u are dealt with.......

    Internet ego? Hahhaha, thanks for the props!!!!

    Peace out homeskillet!!!

    ~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 04-02-2004 at 07:47 PM.

  16. #16
    Elliot's Avatar
    Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    family we are.. chea!

  17. #17
    longhornDr's Avatar
    longhornDr is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Galveston Texas
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by abc 1
    before i start my response, are those remarks about taking a dump on the thread directed towards me? please let me know if that is the case.



    i thought there was alot of data to back up the post. and there seemed to be alot of support.

    has anyone tried this to see if it's effective?

    i'm just curious. alot of the studies they posted did support what they were saying. i didn't buy into it, my main reason for reposting it here, but it did confuse me alittle. this is not the first time i had heard people using pwo like this and saying it was better. those people used the personal preference crap and i discounted it completely.

    is it entirely false?

    i just got back into the dextrose thing (just ordered 22 pounds - even though it destroys my stomach) and want to be sure not to use too much. numerous times in the thread there was reference to dextrose being used in the 40 to 50 gram amount rather than higher.

    sorry if this was too beneath everyone to illicit credible responses but there were numerous people using this method (numerous, not 1, not 2) saying it was much better with less fat retention. i'm just trying to find out if there is any validity to it.
    That thread is filled with so much pseudo-science it's ridiculous....those guys know just enough to sound convincing to a layperson but the conclusions they draw are ignorant.

    The idea that drinking a PWO shake with dextrose will decrease insulin sensitivity and possibly cause type II diabetes is outrageous.

    I guess maybe if you slammed dextrose shakes all day long and never worked out.

    I also think that if it was a vast right-wing supplement company conspiracy they would have picked a pricier and less widely available food product...I don't think anyone is getting rich selling dextrose for 50 cents a pound.

  18. #18
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    I don't think anyone is getting rich selling dextrose for 50 cents a pound.
    Haha, that's the best point on the subject I've read to date.......

    Nice..


    ~SC~

  19. #19
    decadbal's Avatar
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North Charlotte
    Posts
    11,924
    all the anabolic on anabolic crime has gotta stop..lol

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •