Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member

what does this mean?

I doubt a nitro tech protein bar because I was on the road and i woudln't have time to eat. But here is what it says on the back. I am cutting right now and I was looking at the carbs/protein/fat, and just calories in general but here it what it says to the left side of the nutritional facts.

NET IMPACT CARBS: 7g

total carbs 31g, dietary figer 4g, non-impact carbs 24g. Glycerine, dietary fiber and carbohydrates (other than sugars and starches) in this bar have little impace on blood sugar levels and are an excellent addition to a high protein/low carbohydrate diet plan.

does this mean that I am only getting 7 carbs out of this?

tatertoos is offline Associate Member
    Theoretically, it means that only 7g of carbs will impact your blood sugar levels. Theoretically...

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    OK so lets say that if *WAS* to add a bar a day into my diet, then i would only add 7 g, or just add the totle 30some?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Technically again you'd only add 7 grams of carbs, but you'd still add the caloric value of the glycerin, that does still count. Just because it doesn't affect blood sugar, doesn't imply it has no caloric value. If you add up the macros on the bar, it'll never equal the calories that the net carbs supply.

~SC~

Thread Information