Danny212 is offline New Member

Question can anyone please hrlp me out with this diet?

Hey guys, I'm 19 years old, 5''8" 145 lbs., and I'm trying to bulk up for once (after finally being done wrestling for years and not having to keep my weight down anymore). This is the diet I have been working on. the problem with my diet is that I am stuck with dorm food and its a pian in hte ass to get a real good diet. So here is goes so far:

8:00- Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, English Muffin with Peanut Butter, Oatmeal,3-4 Amino Acids

11:00 Whey Protein Shake 23g Protein (w/dextrose and glutamine)
    Creatine (w/water)

12-1:30 Workout

3:00 Two hamburgers, salad, 3-4 amino acids

5:00 Whey Protein Shake(w/malodextrine)

8:00 2-3 chicken breasts, salad

11:00 Whey Protein Shake

I think it might not be enough food, if you could please tell me what you think. Also I'm thinking of stocking up on some tuna and also I think I'm going to pick up some Flax Seed Oil Pills. So if you think either of those two things would be good could you please tell me where I should put them in? I would appreciate it a ton.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Could have sworn I've replied to this...........???

~SC~

nah, i sent u a PM and you told me to put it on the board so everyone could see it, you never actually said anyhting about the diet

decadbal is offline Banned
    well id find better protein sources....and not use hamburgers, unless they are homemade with very lean beef.... id double the size of my protien shakes to 46gm

THAT'S WHAT IT WAS BRO, THE P.M. THING........YEAH, HERE IS MUCH BETTER SERVED........CAPS BELOW FOR A FEW SUGGESTIONS.....

Quote Originally Posted by Danny212
    Hey guys, I'm 19 years old, 5''8" 145 lbs., and I'm trying to bulk up for once (after finally being done wrestling for years and not having to keep my weight down anymore). This is the diet I have been working on. the problem with my diet is that I am stuck with dorm food and its a pian in hte ass to get a real good diet. So here is goes so far:

8:00- Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, English Muffin with Peanut Butter, Oatmeal,3-4 Amino Acids

NOT BAD SINCE YOU ARE 19, BUT YOU MAY WANNA NIX THE P.B. HERE. ALSO "SCRAMBLED EGGS" DOESN'T TELL US HOW MUCH YOU ARE EATING, YOUR AMOUNTS CAN BE WAY OFF, THAT IS A HUGE KEY. SAME W/ALL YOUR FOOD.........

11:00 Whey Protein Shake 23g Protein (w/dextrose and glutamine)
    Creatine (w/water)

WHY ARE YOU HAVING DEXTROSE???????? U HAVEN'T DONE ANY ACTIVITY THAT DEMANDS YOU SPIKE INSULIN AND UTILIZE THESE NUTRIENTS.

12-1:30 Workout

3:00 Two hamburgers, salad, 3-4 amino acids

HORRID........U NEED A PWO SHAKE W/PROPER COMPONENTS, THEN A SOLID MEAL 1-2 HOURS AFTER............

5:00 Whey Protein Shake(w/malodextrine)\
    AGAIN W/THE SUGARS, I'VE NO IDEA WHY.........

8:00 2-3 chicken breasts, salad
    OKAY I SUPPOSE...........

11:00 Whey Protein Shake

ADD SOME EFA'S HERE.....PROTEIN BY ITSELF IS NO GOOD.

I think it might not be enough food, if you could please tell me what you think. Also I'm thinking of stocking up on some tuna and also I think I'm going to pick up some Flax Seed Oil Pills. So if you think either of those two things would be good could you please tell me where I should put them in? I would appreciate it a ton.
    CHECK OUT THE STICKY ABOVE AT CONSTRUCTING A DIET AND WORK IN THOSE SUGGESTIONS, YOU'VE A GOOD AMOUNT OF ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT.

~SC~

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    didnt i cretique this..? cause i remember reading something very simluar to this..

and swole,
    as far as the added sugars goes, first i screwed up on the first whey protein shake, it should be malodextrin and not dextrose. And dextrose should onlt be in the shake after I workout. But as far as adding them I think someone told me on this site that it was good to use both of these sugars in my shakes. Do you think these should be in my diet ne where? also i understand what u mean about me needing a pwo after i train, but what are the proper components are u tlaking about?
    Last edited by Danny212; 04-04-2004 at 12:58 PM.

CAPS........

Quote Originally Posted by Danny212
    and swole,
    as far as the added sugars goes, first i screwed up on the first whey protein shake, it should be malodextrin and not dextrose. NOT REALLY A BIG DIFF THERE BRO, SAME RESULT/CONSEQUENCE......

And dextrose should onlt be in the shake after I workout. K.....

But as far as adding them I think someone told me on this site that it was good to use both of these sugars in my shakes. DUNNO WHO THAT WAS, NOR THE CONTEXT OF THE CONVO, SO I CAN'T SPECULATE. HOWEVER I'LL BET 99% OF THE PEOPLE WHO READ THIS WILL SAY THAT'S CRAZY. (AT ANY OTHER TIME THAN PWO) EVEN IF BULKING!

Do you think these should be in my diet ne where? SEE ABOVE.

also i understand what u mean about me needing a pwo after i train, but what are the proper components are u tlaking about? PROTEIN/CARBS BRO........AS LOW-FAT AS YOU CAN.

alright, thanks man

8:00- Scrambled Eggs- 2 eggs
    Bacon- 2-3 slices
    English Muffin with Peanut Butter
    3-4 Amino Acids
    Whey Protein Shake 23g Protein (w/ glutamine)
    Creatine (w/water)

9:30-10:30 Workout
    10:45 Whey Protein(23g Pro) (w/dextrose 50g)
    1:00 Two tuna salad sandwiches on wheat bread, salad, 3-4 amino acids, fat free yogurt
    4:00 Whey protein (23g Pro)

7:00 Can tuna, flax seed oil

10:00 2-3 chicken breasts(20 g Pro per chicken breast)
    salad
    fat free yogurt

12:00 Whey Protein Shake (23 g Pro)
    Flax Seed Oil
    Better?...Worse?.......?????
    Last edited by Danny212; 04-05-2004 at 04:36 PM.

i was just told that 4 shakes in a day is too much? is this true?

Thread Information