Thread: Peanut Butter

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET

Peanut Butter

how bad is it to eat peanut butter(natural or not)while trying to cut.i'm right now 264# and 9%bf.like to get to 5 or 6%.cardio 7 days 45 min,train 5 days/week...the reason i ask about peanut butter is because it is so easy to eat and get 400-500 cal quickly.but i'm not sure it's the best decission.i tend to eat it later in the day...any thoughts on this would be appreciated.btw my typical diet consists of 350-400g protien,100g carbs and 20-40g fat...so at best im around 2400 cal/ed at most. thanks

hugesunglasses is offline New Member
    if you are going to eat it, you should eat an all-natural like teddy bear brand. there's no added sugar.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes on my real busy days, ill have include a serving of natural pb with 2scoops of protein powder and water. Ends up being an OK choice for a pro/fat meal, especially for when im on the go.

-ost

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    I eat 2 tbs. of regular peanut butter every day...As long as you measure it out and only eat the amount you want to eat and not 400-500 cals worth, there's no reason not to eat it. I think the amounts of sugar and trans fats in commercial peanut butter are negligible, and I think it tastes a lot better than natural, and it's usually cheaper...but if you want to eat the natural stuff, go right ahead. Either way, the fact that peanut butter is calorie-dense is irrelevant as long as you are accounting for the calories you're consuming.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    As along as you add the calories to your total daily intake and its natural pb then your fine.

Some people can get away with regular pb as opposed to natty while cutting, but most people including myself have to be very careful with their food selection in order to get their bodyfat in the low single digits. The trans fats and sugars in regular pb may be small, but if the rest of your diet is super strict it can stand out. In addition, I'm usually more insulin resistant while cutting so the smallest details can make a big difference.

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Read that label again. Every version of peanut butter, natural or not, that i've seen is between 180 and 210 cals per TWO tablespoons.

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    haha, your right, it was for 2 tblspoons per serving

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Kim knows her PB!!!!

~SC~

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    This is why I eat peanut butter 2tbls(or 3) in my shake every morning!!!
    http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/G...tter_diet.html

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    MMMM..... peanut butter. Stop it you guys are making me hungy lol

Mike

Thread Information