LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran

Water is an Amazing thing...

I know this is kinda off topic but I thought I would share....

My mom is the only other person in my household that cares about nutrition and health / dieting along with me. She tries everything I try and we share tips / food etc. Well I finally convinced her to start drinking more water, because she has been bloated, retaining water, and constapated etc...so I went out and bought her one of those half gallon jugs and told her I wanted her to drink 3 of them a day. Well after 2 weeks of doing this, she has already dropped 7 pounds, goes to the bathroom way more often, and is making much better progress than she was before. I never realized how key water was to a diet until I started drinking more myself, and it goes for everyone. Just thought I would share.

Mike

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    awww you bring a tear to my eye.. but chances are that the 7 lbs was retained water.. but yeah water is important..

I totally agree about the retained water... but man what a difference water intake makes. I have seen it in myself as well.

I knew somehow you would be the first to reply haha

Mike

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, he meant to say that she lost about 7 lbs. of pent up water weight by normalizing her intake to make her body only hold what it needs, nothing more.

Do this......for every 2 of those 1/2 gallon jugs, have her drink 1 of them with distilled water.

Tell me then how much more she pees, and how much she loses after a week or two of this.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yeah, he meant to say that she lost about 7 lbs. of pent up water weight by normalizing her intake to make her body only hold what it needs, nothing more.

Do this......for every 2 of those 1/2 gallon jugs, have her drink 1 of them with distilled water.

Tell me then how much more she pees, and how much she loses after a week or two of this.

~SC~

Will Do Thanks SC

Mike

U know it!

(we hope the "conditions" such as macro intake and sodium consumption are at least close to what she did in her first successful go around, for purposes of accurate comparison) Because this should work..........

~SC~

U know it!

(we hope the "conditions" such as macro intake and sodium consumption are at least close to what she did in her first successful go around, for purposes of accurate comparison) Because this should work..........

~SC~

I'll make sure to tell her to eat the same stuff she did last week for comparison. I'll post back in this thread in a week and let ya know how it went

Mike

LOL, you don't have to make her do all the same stuff, hahahha.......I was just saying that if she were to do the same, and use distilled in the place of the other water for one of the jugs, there should be a marked difference. It may be impossible for her to do the same if she didn't log all of her stuff, or have an etched-in-stone routine.

In any event, it will eventually help her!
    ~SC~

lxorl is offline Associate Member
    explain distilled water plz. store bought? boiled at home ?

can you explain the science behind it?

Thanks !

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Now if we can get Mom doing this...

1-4 100mg ED Test Prop
    1-15 750mg EW Test Enanthate
    1-13 500mg EW EQ

ANABOLIX2 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lxorl
    explain distilled water plz. store bought? boiled at home ?

can you explain the science behind it?

Thanks !
    Yes mate the science behind it is you turn on the tap and it comes out and there you have still water, if you live near a spring as in from the ground not under your mattress then that would be still water.

~SC~
    Why distilled water ? are you saying that there is something wrong with water out the Tap.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah i still want to know about distilled water and of topic sc the shirt was pretty cool except you holding the rainbow flag

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot
    yeah i still want to know about distilled water and of topic sc the shirt was pretty cool except you holding the rainbow flag

LOL.... rainbow flag huh.

Bump.

I want the answer to the distilled water theory.

I had answered Lxorl in a p.m., didn't see this here.

First off, I NEVER drink tap water........that's nasty sh*t no matter where you live.
    So, I'm comparing distilled to other "bottled" waters like drinking, spring, etc. Distilled water is water that is evaporated w/heat, the "re-assembled" after going through filters and such. The result is no trace of vitamins/minerals/nothing as found in normal water. When ingested, it actually pulls water out of the body and robs you of vital nutrients (if done for an extended period of time) This is why drinking distilled water all of the time is NOT a good idea. However, 1 gallon of distilled for every 1-2 gallons of "regular" (even tap if you must have that delicacy), is fine to do.

~SC~

I had answered Lxorl in a p.m., didn't see this here.

First off, I NEVER drink tap water........that's nasty sh*t no matter where you live.
    ~SC~
    Please explain why you never drink tap water, I live in Scotland and we have some of the best pure water in the world as most of it comes from highland lakes and springs into our homes. Samples taken in the area had revealed no health risk when tested and I have been drinking the stuff for 30 years and I am fine. I know it's pretty accepted among health aficionados that tap water is not safe. It's rife with all kinds of chemicals to kill the germs, chemicals like chlorine - blah blah blah, but are you saying stay away from it if so what do you suggest I drink bottled water instead because if so, there is now way that I could afford to drink bottled water as I drink about a gallon a day and that would brake the bank.

Ah! Perhaps in Scotland things are a bit different. Even in the U.S. when they say it's safe, show samples to the city of the water, etc., it's still not enough to convince me.

No one really knows what's going on underground, you only go by what you are told. I've learned to challenge/be critical of what I'm told, unless I can see/verify it for myself. As well, there is a water filtration station in my area that has water VERY cheap, you can obtain a "water card" as well, and it's so cheap it makes no sense not to utilize it.

~SC~

When ingested, it actually pulls water out of the body and robs you of vital nutrients (if done for an extended period of time) This is why drinking distilled water all of the time is NOT a good idea. However, 1 gallon of distilled for every 1-2 gallons of "regular" (even tap if you must have that delicacy), is fine to do.

~SC~
    It seems like you have made the argument that distilled water is not a good idea...but you do not drink tap water...I'm now confused.

Wow! Talk about coincidence!! Look at what I just read.

Distilled Water

Do you drink distilled water in hopes of improving your health?

For those of you not familiar with distillation, it’s a process by which water is boiled, evaporated, and then the vapour is condensed to form a water that is free of any dissolved minerals. As a result it is believed to have the special property of being able to pull foreign substances and toxic materials out of the body and eliminate them.

If you routinely perform this classic ritual of drinking distilled water, I have two words for you: Stop it.

Here are the facts. Distilled water is dead, unstructured water so foreign to the body that one actually gets a temporary high white blood cell count after drinking it. The longer you drink distilled water, the greater the risk you run of developing multiple mineral deficiencies as well as placing your body into an acidic state.

If you drink distilled water exclusively, you definitely increase your risk of high blood pressure, heartbeat irregularities and muscle cramping. In fact, if you’re an athlete, you should never drink distilled water because it can quickly rob you of your valuable electrolytes: calcium, sodium, potassium and magnesium.

Another common occurrence that long-term drinkers of distilled water can experience is thinning hair or the hair actually falling out altogether. Now that’s not too cool because we know from nutrition that thinning hair is a result of mineral deficiencies. Interestingly enough, this display reverses as soon as these people stop drinking the distilled water.

I’m giving you the real scoop here. There’s no reason to drink this water. It’s amazing how health writers that put forth this idea over fifty years ago persist without even applying simple college-level chemistry.

Like the water itself, distilled water is a dead issue.

http://www.balancetv.ca/balancetv/cl...asp?idNews=622

Yeah, I drink distilled for every 2 gallons of Spring Water (from the store), but do not drink tap water.

Good finding on distilled, I'm glad I was able to remember it all correctly!

Thanks,

~SC~

Thread Information